NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the Chargers who should bring yellow back to their set. They should s-can the navy pants and go with either white or yellow pants in their set. Both white and yellow pants would look better with a white helmet. Plus it would differentiate them from the other navy/white teams in the league and its a traditional look for SD.

I agree the Chargers should bring yellow back, but I'd switch the helmets back to navy and keep the navy pants to wear with the white jerseys. The yellow pants never looked great with white jerseys and navy helmets. I'd keep the yellow pants to wear with the navy jerseys.

Just my two cents. If the Rams decide to go back to those classic colors one day, their home jerseys should be yellow. The NFL needs a team that primarily wears yellow jerseys.

I'll take any excuse to post these again... in my top 5 all time favorite NFL uniforms.

ab2f751b4a7c902b5e79f01e21396057.jpg

I agree that the sleeve horns are redundant(especially with the current cut of football jerseys) and i love that look with the northwestern stripes. And I know the vast majority is not a fan of what I'm about to propose....but pair that uniform with some navy pants and socks, and you have a modern classic that'll fit right in in 2014. I've been meaning to make that concept for a while but just haven't gotten around to it.

Just my two cents. If the Rams decide to go back to those classic colors one day, their home jerseys should be yellow. The NFL needs a team that primarily wears yellow jerseys.

I'll take any excuse to post these again... in my top 5 all time favorite NFL uniforms.

ab2f751b4a7c902b5e79f01e21396057.jpg

Yeah, that's definitely in my top 1 uniforms of all time. :notworthy:

I'm hoping, but not 100% convinced that they'd ever go in this direction.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

The Rams should wear navy jersey's and solid vegas gold pants (like they used to). They should also be the only team in the NFL with a solid pair of navy pants too (the stripes on those pants have never made sense). Ditch the white pants.

The throwembacks aren't anything special. The navy and gold's were. And the fact they aren't wearing them anymore is beyond goofy.

Its the Chargers who should bring yellow back to their set. They should s-can the navy pants and go with either white or yellow pants in their set. Both white and yellow pants would look better with a white helmet. Plus it would differentiate them from the other navy/white teams in the league and its a traditional look for SD.

And I am over the Washington football team's yellow britches. They were OK when they weren't worn every stinkin week. Their uniforms are a mismatched mess to begin with. They need a complete re-do and will likely get that once they are finally forced to change their nickname. Until then, I'd like to see the white pants make a return. Just something different then seeing the same 2 looks every week for this dead-in-the-water franchise. And for the love of Pete....get rid of those mismatched socks already. They are awful. Find a solid pair of burgundy socks and use those. You know the players hate them too. Nobody likes wearing those ugly things in 2014. For the Bears or the Jets, they make sense. Not for the Washington's.

Dennis! We haven't been honored with your delightful "throwembacks" term or your blatant misuse of apostrophes in a long time. Now go away.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Chris Chase, a writer for USA Today wrote an article on USAToday.com titled, 9 NFL Throwback that should become permanant. The funny thing about his number one choice is that it is not even a throwback. He picked the San Diego Chargers alternate uniform instead of the actual throwback. But the rest of the article is interesting. Out of the 9 teams he mentioned, I would only agree with 5.

Best bit of that was that it linked to this great interview with Don Hewitt, a former equipment manager of the Rams:

http://www.helmethut.com/Talkhelmet/TalkHewitt.html

Chris Chase, a writer for USA Today wrote an article on USAToday.com titled, 9 NFL Throwback that should become permanant. The funny thing about his number one choice is that it is not even a throwback. He picked the San Diego Chargers alternate uniform instead of the actual throwback. But the rest of the article is interesting. Out of the 9 teams he mentioned, I would only agree with 5.

The chargers pic could have easily been a mistake by whomever was tasked with finding and posting images for the article. The author is likely off the hook this time. Also it's an internet listicle, not like accuracy really matters...

With the exception of the Giants and possibly Dolphins, every set mentioned is better than the current versions and would work well as a regular today. And even with the Dolphins they should have done a cleaned-up version of the early Marino sets, but instead they decided on crap. The current Bills set fixed a lot of the glaring problems with that throwback, but the inclusion of navy is awful and jarring.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Hideous. They found a way to make a terribly drab uniform even worse. Burn them so we never have to see them again.

Better yet, burn everything in their closet so they have to start over again.

Unfortunately, based off of reaction on the local radio stations alone, they seemed to be a big hit among the Eagles fans.

Hideous. They found a way to make a terribly drab uniform even worse. Burn them so we never have to see them again.

If you don't like them, that probably means most of Philadelphia and most people watching football, do.

If it wasn't worn in the 1970's, then its terrible and hideous. Right? Monochromes are just awful (even though everyone has been wearing them now at every level of football for 2 decades now). Nike sucks. The Browns new uniforms that nobody has even seen, suck. Anything new is worse then what was worn 5 years ago or 40 years ago. Blah blah blah.

While we are "burning" uniforms, lets toss the Cowboys and Redskins threads into the fire too. And now others can disagree with me too, like I did with your opinion about the Eagles. See how that works? You got your opinion and I got mine. And at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what either one of us thinks. Teams and NFL Properties tend to know what they want to do and what will actually sell in 2014. Which is all its about anyway.

We should have a sportslogos.net underground fight club. If two people disagree on something and start attacking each other on the boards they are sent into the pit where they duke it out. They would fight in their favorite jersey and we would vote on who looked best while getting the snot knocked out of them.

I despise the Eagles and that awful midnight green but I actually like their Black jerseys, and as someone who hates monochrome, I didn't think the all black was that bad.

Should only be worn once a year though with the other Black jersey game in white pants.

Archived