Inaccurate colors/uniforms in video games that should know better

• 10 months later...

The Senators should be using the 2D logo on the pants...or even the jersey!

Can't believe they've had that logo for 9 years in the shed and still say "nah, we like what we have".  

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, insert name said:

MLB 14 The Show 

Mets primary away jerseys still had the black shadow underneath the NEW YORK script even though they dropped black a few years back. Odd thing is it was only the script, not the numbers and NOB. 

MLB 16 The Show (the latest one) had the black and blue roundel Royals logo in the dugout.  That logo hadn't been used in a long, long time.

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

MLB 16 The Show (the latest one) had the black and blue roundel Royals logo in the dugout.  That logo hadn't been used in a long, long time.

Was it where advertising is? Could've been used to cover up that space.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Show 16 has a TON of uniform examples. Off the top of my head: Throwback pullover uniforms all had buttons (at least all the ones I saw), a lot of minor league teams had issues... The Portland Sea Dogs had royal blue helmets, navy blue numbers, and the Red Sox old socks (The Seadogs are basically just a carbon copy of the Red Sox in real life), the Binghamton Mets had orange numbers, and at least one or two teams had alternates that I can't prove exist.

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

MLB The Show is notorious for uniform errors. The Rays in particular have a few different problems. Like someone else said, their fauxback cap is all Columbia blue, when in reality, everything but the front panel is navy, not to mention the jersey being a button-down instead of a pullover.

Tampa-Bay-Rays-Fauxback-MLB13-Compare.jp

Also, their 90s Devil Rays throwbacks have the incorrect cap for their away uniform. The team never wore the Devil Ray logo cap on the field. It was announced with their uniforms, but by the time the team started playing, they only ever used the TB monogram cap.

Tampa-Bay-Rays-MLB13-Throwback-Caps.jpg

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

8 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

That's okay; the Mariners' retro-coloured blue & yellow uniform? Absent entirely!

sucks but thats a different type of issue entirely.

As for the Devil Rays in The Show I was more perplexed by the 90s uniforms having dark green undershirts and socks like the mid 2000s teams. Still shocked at how that mistake happened.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

sucks but thats a different type of issue entirely.

As for the Devil Rays in The Show I was more perplexed by the 90s uniforms having dark green undershirts and socks like the mid 2000s teams. Still shocked at how that mistake happened.

Please don't tell us that "it's not in the style guide".  That's not the issue.

The issue is programmed slots that are in the game and use a logarithm based on team tendencies throughout the game's season (if that makes sense).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Please don't tell us that "it's not in the style guide".  That's not the issue.

The issue is programmed slots that are in the game and use a logarithm based on team tendencies throughout the game's season (if that makes sense).

Yes I know the issue. You are right. It's that there aren't enough slots in the game and/or their methods for choosing the jerseys that get in are highly debatable.

• Like 1