Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

I'll... I'll hold my judgement on some of these, but these Western Conference teams really threw caution to the wind on this one. Except for Memphis, who decided they wanted to phone it in.

That Utah one...that scares me a bit.  I don't recall any team doing something like that before.  Tequila Sunrise of the NBA?

Holy crap, these are kinda wild? Other than the Memphis Nets and the Cavaliers somehow falling even further into a complete brand confusion hole, I like them. Some of them I REALLY like, particularly the shout to Dr. Jack Ramsay and the Utah mountain sunset look.

The Utah one i'm thinking will look a bit different in person. Hopefully better. 

OKC, Portland and Miami. Wow. Really like those.

From those mockups, which Conrad explained may have some subtle inaccuracies, I’d say Miami, Portland, Sacramento, and maybe Milwaukee are the big winners, with Cleveland, Detroit, Memphis and Utah as the big losers. I’ll have to wait and see on OKC’s ( I actually think theirs has the potential to be pretty good), and then lastly I’m pretty indifferent towards LAC’s and Brooklyn’s. I’m biased as a Blazers fan, but that sublimated plaid pattern on the black base is a thing of beauty. People here love them some Dr. Jack, so that combined with the Rip City wordmark would make that one an instant classic among the fan base. Miami’s is pretty damn nice too, it just makes so much sense for them to go with a Miami Vice theme for their city uniform.

I see Memphis really taking a risk with their uniforms lol

LOVE the Miami ones! Wish it had a stripe or something on the sides tho

So, in the end, navy is only being used on the one Cavs jersey (wine) where it makes the numbers illegible. Nike!

(I actually don't hate these The Land jerseys, but they would be helped immensely by some wine trim.)

Guesses (some educated from previous posts) at remaining teams:

Atlanta - Black w/ Volt

Boston - Gray w/ Green

Charlotte - Black

Bulls - Gray

Dallas  Green

Denver - Sky Blue

Golden State - White

Houston - Gray

Lakers - Black

Minnesota - Gray

New Orleans - Mardi Gras

New York - Navy

Orlando - Silver/Gray

Philadelphia - White Fauxback

Phoenix - Orange

San Antonio - White

Toronto - Gold

Washington- White

Awesome work, Conrad -- always appreciate the information you're willing to share!

My way-too-early thoughts on each...

Nets - Solid. The Brooklyn Bridge details are a nice touch, and I'm growing to like their full name wordmark. It looks a bit too much like their Icon jersey, but it could be much worse.

Cavaliers - Yikes is an understatement. 

Pistons - These were meh with Adidas and now these are meh with Nike. The navy just feels forced to me.

Clippers - These, like their Icon, Association, and Statement jerseys, feel like they're a better wordmark away from being a very nice set.

Grizzlies - Interesting to see they may be using the Cavaliers' jersey template. I was kind of hoping for a sleeveless version of the MLK tribute jerseys, but if nothing else these will look decent in action. The Grizzlies' brand is definitely due for a refresh, but hopefully they don't just become the Brooklyn Nets of the Western Conference.

Heat - I'm glad they finally embraced the Miami Vice theme with the neons, but the look is compromised by the white jersey. Put those neons on a black jersey and you've got something.

Bucks - I wasn't a fan of this template when the Spurs used it for their gray alternate, and I'm not a fan of it now. The colors and trim still look very nice, but I'd much prefer the diagonal 'BUCKS' script as a full wordmark as opposed to a smaller, complete logo.

Thunder - You know how you see hastily made jersey designs posted by the Instagram accounts of aspiring designers? This feels a lot like those -- you see it and think it's not the worst thing ever, but no team would actually do that. I guess I stand corrected.

Trail Blazers - This is very similar to a Rip City alternate concept I designed a while back, though I think the black jersey with a more subtle pattern works much better than the scheme I had. Like their Statement jersey, this one could benefit greatly from white strokes around the wordmark and numerals for the sake of contrast. Other than that I love these, though.

Kings - I wasn't a fan of this template when the Spurs used it for their gray alternate nor when the Bucks used it for their cream alternate, and but somehow I'm a fan of it now. This just works, though the silver trim looks awkward between the red and sky blue.

Jazz - I think I already unironically stan for these. They are unconventional and the overall execution is very much debatable, but they're fun, relevant to Utah, and somehow just seem to work. However, ask me my thoughts on them again in a couple months or years or decades and my answer may be entirely different.

The Heat are a big winner here, I love that they are embracing "Miami Vice" finally. Would not mind them abandoning black and red in favor of those vice colors.

Nike has done a good job with the Clippers as well. They managed to turn garbage into a decent set, I for one like the contrasting armholes on the city jerseys. Although, I don't like the fact that they used "Clippers" on their city uniforms.

50 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

Although, I don't like the fact that they used "Clippers" on their city uniforms.

They are now the "LA Clippers", so I'd rather have them use the "Clippers" mark rather than an awkward "LA". 

The Heat definitely have the best city jersey out of that group.  Also like Milwaukee and Sacramento. The Memphis jersey looks terrible.

2 hours ago, coachcw_51 said:

Guesses (some educated from previous posts) at remaining teams:

Atlanta - Black w/ Volt

Boston - Gray w/ Green

Charlotte - Black

Bulls - Gray

Dallas  Green

Denver - Sky Blue

Golden State - White

Houston - Gray

Lakers - Black

Minnesota - Gray

New Orleans - Mardi Gras

New York - Navy

Orlando - Silver/Gray

Philadelphia - White Fauxback

Phoenix - Orange

San Antonio - White

Toronto - Gold

Washington- White

I'd guess that the Raptors would either use the black/gold frame jerseys or the blue/white Huskies jersey for the city jersey.