College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Florida really needs to go back to their previous number font. The font they've been using the last few years just looks so cheap. Like the numbers could peel off the jersey at any point during a game.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 7/17/2017 at 1:53 PM, 8BW14 said:

The more I see these new UCLA uniforms, the less I like the helmet script in light blue. Everything tells me it should be better this way, but I don't think it contrasts the gold helmet enough like the navy blue lettering does.

IMG_0924.JPG.010fea23f893c5d1eca29f10d860eb78.JPG

Disregarding the hideous jersey template and vomit inducing attempt at stripes, I think they should have kept this helmet, even if the blues still don't match.

I too prefer the navy helmet logo. My irrelevant vote would be to keep the navy helmet logo, use navy outlined gold Clarendon numerals on the home and away jerseys and keep the navy stripes on the aways. So basically the 1998 uniforms but with twill outlined numbers instead of heat-pressed outline/dropshadowed ones.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

2 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Yuck...

2 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Man those Schutts are ugly.  What is with all the huge ventilation holes and extraneous ridges?  Couldn't they place them in areas that don't interfere with logos and striping or just make them smaller?

Here's Miami's look...

Yeah, I really hope that this model doesn't become popular. Teams with simple stripes are looking awful, and I don't even want to see the back of Michigan's. More complex helmet designs are going to look ROUGH.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

At this point you'd think helmet graphics/stripes would be an all-in-one graphic, like a vinyl wrap or something. Seems it would eliminate the weird placements & other issues.

But what do I know

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

12 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

If there is one thing that bothers me about this forum, it's that people legitimately care more if a helmet looks pretty than whether college students suffer less brain injuries.

With you all the way, but a lot of times the wild helmet designs are not there for safety. They are merely just a way for the company to make the helmet look high tech. Really, it is possible to make a helmet that is safe and good looking.

3 hours ago, chrome14 said:

Here's Miami's look...

This is a much better look. Likely other Equipment Managers will take note and follow. How it reacts in games will also,help,push how the stripes are applied. 

6 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Man those Schutts are ugly.  What is with all the huge ventilation holes and extraneous ridges?  Couldn't they place them in areas that don't interfere with logos and striping or just make them smaller?

They could, but where would be the fun in that?

How long until they're referred to as Schitts...?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, Blazersfan38 said:

With you all the way, but a lot of times the wild helmet designs are not there for safety. They are merely just a way for the company to make the helmet look high tech. Really, it is possible to make a helmet that is safe and good looking.

Just for the sake of arguing - would it have been possible whatsoever to place a very thin flat shell over the flexible pieces to give the helmet the traditional look and flat surfaces? I know the helmet's main feature is removable soft zones, so maybe it couldn't have been done very easily. Will be interesting to see how this helmet evolves over the years.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

20 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Most of the changes for Navy are okay but the addition of the navy stripe to the pants is just unnecessary.

The wordmark on the pants is unnecessary. The pant stripes come and go with Navy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Blazersfan38 said:

Especially when the top-performing helmet in the VT helmet testing was a traditional shell..

2 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

If there is one thing that bothers me about this forum, it's that people legitimately care more if a helmet looks pretty than whether college students suffer less brain injuries.

FWIW, college football programs (and the NCAA as a whole) generally feel the same way and ignore their own role in brain injuries, hence the use of multiple helmets. They can just pretend the NFL is the sole reason instead. 

13 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

FWIW, college football programs (and the NCAA as a whole) generally feel the same way and ignore their own role in brain injuries, hence the use of multiple helmets. They can just pretend the NFL is the sole reason instead. 

To be fair, I think limiting helmets is the biggest crock of nonsense ever suggested as a solution to the concussion issue.. It simply afforded the NFL stronger branding while giving them a 2-for-1 excuse that doubled as a step in preventing concussions.. If a player puts on the same size and same model helmet, he can have the air adjusted to the same level, and even use the same chinstrap (already properly adjusted), to get the same fit and protection level.. Not to mention reducing the damage / wear & tear on a single helmet.. 

Archived