2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Regular Season Week 4 (Part1)
Bears @ Packers
fhCbZW3.jpgs7zNJaE.jpg
Saints @ Dolphins
XzZMqLn.png8oqj3E8.png
Titans @ Texans
2aJDC77.jpgPpFtJnW.jpg
Jaguars @ Jets
K6X6eOv.jpgpwTqZYu.jpg
Panthers @ Patriots
Ph6mabg.jpgyw3vaUr.jpg
Lions @ Vikings
5lmXObS.pngUjyaszf.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Have the Redskins retired their white pants and burgundy pants or can they still wear it if they want to?

They brought the burgundy pants back last season after about 5 or 6 years without them. Not sure about the white pants. Honestly never liked their white pants, would be fine with the team retiring them.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The Cardinals always seem to wear black for their second home game, which is usually a division opponent.

Knowing the Bills, they'll ruin that matchup by going all white.

I really think the Lions will wear the blue pants regularly based on what I've heard, which would be a nice addition to this matchup.

Not sure why the Jets are wearing white when they wore green this past game.

21 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

They brought the burgundy pants back last season after about 5 or 6 years without them. Not sure about the white pants. Honestly never liked their white pants, would be fine with the team retiring them.

I meant wearing burgundy pants with their burgundy tops

25 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

I meant wearing burgundy pants with their burgundy tops

They have them both. This image is from this summer. Use both burgundy and white pants in training camp. Without making any uniform or dare I say team name changes (which I think they should...), I think the ideal Washington uniform lineup would be burgundy/gold for primetime home games, burgundy/white for afternoon home games, and white/burgundy for road games. Throw in the all white once a year too. It looked good during Gibbs 2.0.

image.png.6e23f2ad869bd1cb8ed7ed731139096f.pngRedskins_Football_01772-6ff81.jpg

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

They have them both. This image is from this summer. Use both burgundy and white pants in training camp. Without making any uniform or dare I say team name changes (which I think they should...), I think the ideal Washington uniform lineup would be burgundy/gold for primetime home games, burgundy/white for afternoon home games, and white/burgundy for road games. Throw in the all white once a year too. It looked good during Gibbs 2.0.

image.png.6e23f2ad869bd1cb8ed7ed731139096f.pngRedskins_Football_01772-6ff81.jpg

I think they should do burgundy/white during away games where they have to wear dark colors, burgundy/gold for home games, white/burgundy as normal away, white/gold twice a year on the road, and one primetime game wear all burgundy

The Cardinals and Cowboys should be one of the better uniform matchups in the league. I don't totally hate the Cardinals' home jerseys (loathe the aways), but a better design from them would really put this game over-the-top aesthetically. 

21 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

I think they should do burgundy/white during away games where they have to wear dark colors, burgundy/gold for home games, white/burgundy as normal away, white/gold twice a year on the road, and one primetime game wear all burgundy

They've already played vs the rams away and the wore burdundy/gold away so im gonna go with burdundy/white for afternoon id like to see white/white this season once or twice cause if they win the first game sports are all about conspiracies and them might wear that combo again and also with the white on white or burdundy/white I'd like to see the all burdundy socks that they wore 6 years ago

31 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Hell no to all-burgundy! The one time I'll get superstitious about a uniform. I'll tell a little story:

When I was in seventh grade, going to Redskins game was a constant every fall. It was the Monday night before the 2008 election of Barack Obama, and the Redskins were 6-2 and Clinton Portis was a legit MVP candidate (and Madden cover candidate, just as important to me back then). You could say it was a memorable time! I remember distinctly driving to the car and talking way too much with my dad about uniforms. I talked over and over about it. I even floated the idea that they might do something different because it's Monday night and they're playing so well. We walked out into the stadium, dad rolled his eyes, and I just couldn't have been more excited to see the all-burgundy uniforms they broke out that night. It was so exciting.

Backup QB Byron Leftwich and the Steelers beat the Redskins 23-6. The Redskins finished the season 2-6, 8-8 overall, and missed the playoffs. No thanks to that look.

image.thumb.png.f376ad89071f92a2254c26b44abba05c.pngPittsburgh+Steelers+v+Washington+Redskin

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

On 9/24/2017 at 9:25 PM, canzman said:

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Lions @ Vikings
lh3j5pB.pngUjyaszf.jpg

Any confirmation on the Lions going silver pants on the road, or just a gut feeling? They've been pretty committed to the blue pants with the white jerseys since unveiling them, but if they went otherwise than this would automatically become a top 5 matchup of the year for me. Both of these teams received tremendous updates from Nike in recent years, though I'm really not a fan of either of their leotard looks on the road. Something about the Vike's current home set against the harmony of the Lion's new silver helmets and pants, however, just sings to me.

17 hours ago, arron said:

I don't think the browns wear white on white i think they go white over orange

I think they already said they'll be wearing white/white for just about every game, except maybe one when they go brown/brown....

The Rams are going to look horrible. I will never understand why they feel the need to wait for a new stadium to update uniforms. The two are completely unrelated. 

Archived