kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nuggs-2018-global-logo.png

I'm less thrilled on the recolorization ... I always thought the navy blue, maroon and gold was too drab. If the gold is athletic gold and not vegas gold ... maybe it can work? It works for the Cavs? 

I'll wait for the whole thing to be unveiled for a full judgement. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Hoping for metallic gold. It's annoying that Denver teams now feel obligated to rip colors and marks from local flags. Team brands and flags don't need to be the same (yeah yeah, people in New York, Pittsburgh, and DC would disagree).

Maybe LeBron goes to the Nuggets and no one will tell the difference.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

38 minutes ago, kimball said:

nuggs-2018-global-logo.png I always thought the navy blue, maroon and gold was too drab. 

See, I loved that scheme because it had both a very western look to it as well as paid some homage - whether intended or not - to old prospector garb:

TheOldProspector.jpg

prospectors_panning_for_gold_d_hi.jpg

I always think of solid red or red plaid shirts with denim when I think of a prospector, and of course gold for gold. It’s a color set that always made perfect sense to me and I’m happy to see them go towards a variation of it again. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I don't mind that color scheme at all for Denver, but I don't think recoloring the current uniforms works in that scheme. So hopefully they'll get a whole new set. But I guess that seems kind of unlikely given how many changes they've had lately as it is.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The Nuggets have been a blue/yellow team with the occasional appearances of red for most of their history, the problem now is that if they use metallic gold they get too close to the Pelicans and if they use athletic gold to the Cavs. My hope has always been that they’d keep the same general idea of the 90’s color scheme but adapted in a Rapids-style powder blue, dark red and gold

07Giants.pngnyy.png

grizz-2018-compare.png

Also can we talk about the Grizzlies "changes" ... so they're getting rid of the light baby blue and adding silver? Do we know if there's a font or jersey change with this?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 minutes ago, kimball said:

grizz-2018-compare.png

Also can we talk about the Grizzlies "changes" ... so they're getting rid of the light baby blue and adding silver? Do we know if there's a font or jersey change with this?

Light blue, gray and yellow would be a really cool and unique color scheme. The double blues don't seem necessary anymore.

1 hour ago, who do you think said:

Terrible logo remains terrible.

I disagree

WARNING: Overstatement ahead: I think it could easily have been regarded as a modern Bulls logo if it had the legacy the Bulls logo carries. A Front facing animal head that’s not too Xtreme.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, kimball said:

grizz-2018-compare.png

One of the most solid logos in the league totally wrecked. As already pointed out, it doesn't need that additional outline at all, and now we have another team using gray...

One has to wonder if they are relegating it to a secondary status with a new primary logo coming up, with the way they've made it look so irrelevant.

The Grizzlies logo is a downgrade. It loses a lot of definition without the third blue and the gray outline does nothing for me. Going from three blues down to two and adding more drabness with a dark gray makes the logo blob-ish.

im just sick of RWB color scheme. I know its iconic but teams used to have better color schemes: NO, VAN, TOR, MIL, NJ, CLE, SAS, WAS, UTAH, SEA, so much better schemes. notice only one of those teams used RWB, NJ. just my take though

The Grizzlies are totally clueless when it comes to their brand. Since they unveiled the updated look (which is not great in the first place), each change they've made has been a downgrade. That gray/silver is too dark when paired with that navy and it just seems so unnecessary.  I can already picture some muddled grey alternates being worn after this change.  

On the other hand, the Nuggets news is amazing! That color scheme is perfect for them and I'm excited to see it in action. Only drawback I can possibly think of is its similarity to the Cavs current scheme, but that's really not an issue to me. 

spacer.png

Weren't NBA teams being fined a lot of money by the league for re-colors of primary logos? Seems like we had some recolors in the 2000s (Jazz. Nuggets, Raptors, et al) and the NBA was trying to stop that...is that still a thing?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived