College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what a perfect mascot is for Ole Miss? Colonel Reb. 

Screw the post-modern, politically correct BS. If Kentucky Fried Chicken can keep using Colonel Sanders, Ole Miss can use Reb. 

Colonel-Reb-e1435333425889.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

New white helmets available for Mizzou

What an amazing comment from that twitter account. I wonder if question marks will be the new fire emojis/breathing hard emoji. 

I know they've worn white helmets before, but with a different rendering of the logo. 

4afp0ZM.jpg

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

Screw the post-modern, politically correct BS. If Kentucky Fried Chicken can keep using Colonel Sanders, Ole Miss can use Reb. 

Wait a minute… is that a Nike swoosh on the Colonel’s trouser’s?

54 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Difference is that Colonel Sanders is the mascot of a :censored:ty fast food company, not a publically funded institution of higher education

Yep. Context is everything here--one colonel is the mascot of a fried chicken restaurant, while the other colonel is the mascot of a team called the rebels.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

That’s a bad analogy.

Colonel Sanders was a fast food magnate who only held the title because the state of Kentucky handed it to him. Colonel Reb is a representation of a Confederate officer, and it’s kind of an appallingly bad idea to show anybody from the Confederacy in a positive light.

It’s not “political correctness” to disown pro-Confederate (read: fighting to preserve slavery) symbols and imagery, it’s basic human decency. The “Lost Cause” mentality is stupid.

2 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Nope.  Not for an organization that informally shares a name with a term used to address slaveowners' wives ("Ole Miss") and that's making millions off of predominantly black athletes they're not paying.

The KFC logo is just a picture of its founder.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Not for an organization that informally shares a name with a term used to address slaveowners' wives ("Ole Miss")

If you really analyze it, that explanation makes zero sense. I know it's a theory about how they named the school...but it's never been actually 100% confirmed, and there are no schools that are named anything close to that, in that manner. Technically, any school in the South could be named "Ole MIss"...this wasn't just a slaves-addressing-white-wives-in-Mississippi thing. It also makes zero sense that as much as the school as tried to distance itself from the Confederacy, that it would be like "We're actually keeping that reference to slavery, because it's good for our black students".

I think confirmation bias kinda messes with us quite a bit.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

I'd have gone with Admiral Akbar if I was Ole Miss. Strong leader of Rebels, a fish, and hates traps. 

You do realize there's another prominent member of The Alliance to Restore the Republic who looks a hell of a lot like Colonel Reb, right?

Dodonna-Strategietisch.jpg

General Jan Dodonna, seen here with Princess Leia and Creepio (the droid who was promised flesh).

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

...and it’s kind of an appallingly bad idea to show anybody from the Confederacy in a positive light.

“Anybody” is a pretty broad brush.  Lincoln could have executed each and every southerner who took up arms against the Union but he chose not to.  

May I kindly suggest you brush up on history and read about the lives of some famous Confederate leaders and what they did with their lives after the Civil War?  Start with General Robert E. Lee.

Archived