MLB Teams Wearing Easter Pastel Colours Today

MLB Teams Wearing Easter Pastel Colours Today

April 1, 2018 - 11:06 AM

Major League Baseball players will look a little different as they hop around the bases today. To mark Easter Sunday, all thirty Major League clubs will be wearing Easter pastel coloured jerseys when they take the field, every team is […]

Read More...

Nice job to Chris Creamer, this actually came across as very believable.  I read the article on the main page.  As I was reading it, I was kind of like "Why is this the first time I am hearing about this?"  but I was definitely believing it and I will admit I was even looking at the schedule to get an idea of the specific uniform matchups.  This really does sound like something that would happen in pro sports these days.   When I saw the thing about the bunny ears and easter egg, and the final specific mention of April 1 towards the end of the article,  I kind of figured it out.  But it was written in a really convincing and not over-the-top way.  I doubt I will see a better April Fool's joke today.  I enjoyed falling for it, for at least the bulk of the article.

Now on a serious note, I actually would not mind this as a one-day thing.  I would much rather see this than a variety of other dumb things that MLB does, like the Players' Weekend with the ugly little league uniforms with nicknames on the back (for a whole damn weekend, IIRC?), and celebrating Mothers Day and Fathers Day for an entire weekend series (which I heard, thankfully, won't be done this year) where basically every team looks the same, and the gaudy patriotic and camo caps and jerseys.

8 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Aside from the Tigers and Dodgers, I wish those blue ones were real. Also the Rays yellow one. Very well done!

I definitely agree with you about the yellow Rays one, that's probably my favorite of all of them, and that immediately fell into the "why aren't they wearing that now?" category when I saw it..  That would be so perfect for them.

The sad thing is that we wouldn't even be able to see it in the sunshine though (at least for their home games).  I think yellow jerseys look so awesome in the sunshine (e.g., the Athletics).

It got me...and then after I realized it was an April fools joke, I remember "oh yeah, I'm on an uniform geek website; we'd have known about this weeks ago.  Dummy."

That said, some of these are serviceable.  None of the pink ones.  For some reason I really like that Rays one, though.  And, of course the powder blue ones bring back some 1980s nostaligia.  The Cardinals wore a pullover version of that jersey.  Washyington, Toronto, and Philadelphia all look like they'd have fit in nicely back then.

Good one!  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived