FightingGoldenDevil

NFL changes 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

Maybe players think a certain thing looks better, and don't care as much about performance if the difference is negligible.. that's my experience.. and I'd argue the smaller sleeves actually offer as much on the negative side of performance (if not more) than the normal skill cut..

 

Yeah, you'll never convince me that the super-tight jerseys and non-existent sleeves don't have as least as much to do with fashion and aesthetic choice on the part of the players as they do with performance.  If Nike came out with a new jersey cut that was baggy and ended with an elbow length sleeve, even if they showed unimpeachable evidence that it drastically improved performance, players wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Yeah, you'll never convince me that the super-tight jerseys and non-existent sleeves don't have as least as much to do with fashion and aesthetic choice on the part of the players as they do with performance.  If Nike came out with a new jersey cut that was baggy and ended with an elbow length sleeve, even if they showed unimpeachable evidence that it drastically improved performance, players wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. 

Exactly.. I can tell you the number of jerseys I've sewn back together that rip at the cuff/chest area outnumbers all other ripped jerseys combined.. that giant armpit hole is a natural handle for an offensive Lineman.. and they rarely get called.  It's the perfect negative storm, yet it looks "swaggy", so they won't change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 8:03 PM, L10nheart404 said:

Lol.. that was also my first car, but in dark green.

 

I believe you mean "Isle Green Pearl".  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

 

I believe you mean "Isle Green Pearl".  :)

My father had that same car too, which was black... oh, sorry, “Phantom Grey”. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Newport said:

Rams and chargers new uniforms in 2020 correct?

Chargers have never been mentioned as getting a redesign for 2020 as of right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dont care said:

Chargers have never been mentioned as getting a redesign for 2020 as of right now.

 

I wouldn't anticipate a change other than making powder blue their full-time home jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

I wouldn't anticipate a change other than making powder blue their full-time home jersey.

I am not sure that will ever happen. I understand that Spanos senior died and he preferred the navy. I wonder if his son has those same feelings? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

I wouldn't anticipate a change other than making powder blue their full-time home jersey.

If they would do that, they should also flip the Navy and Powder Blue in the Away set. Where the Navy is, make it Powder Blue. Also, bring the collars back since the Toilet-Seat is finaly dead.

sd-12-allwhite-mattabrown-675x380.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0286487f43154f42eb16e76cb3705a54.jpgI still really love the royal CR set. Something about the gold face mask on white. Really unique look for the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

0286487f43154f42eb16e76cb3705a54.jpgI still really love the royal CR set. Something about the gold face mask on white. Really unique look for the NFL.

Would like to see it with white pants (but with the bolt as seen on the helmet, not in a blue stripe). I think that could be very sharp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Would like to see it with white pants (but with the bolt as seen on the helmet, not in a blue stripe). I think that could be very sharp. 

The bolt should never be in a blue stripe.. drives me nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With some small changes, this navy set is almost perfect for the chargers. I wonder if this also could go into unpopular opinions. It’s just the navy screams thunderstorm, lightning, chargers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

The best look is to use the 60s throwback pants with this set in madden.

With Madden you can come up with better uni combos like the Browns I go full orange when it's colour rush. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clonewars2008 said:

With Madden you can come up with better uni combos like the Browns I go full orange when it's colour rush. 

That made me throw up in my mouth just thinking about it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

It worked on Navy. It could probably work on Royal Blue.

157533-10193615Fr.jpg

The problem's not the bolt on blue, it's that it doesn't match the helmet. The yellow pops off the white more than it does off the blue so it's all unbalanced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now