NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

53 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, the worst logo.  I'm a sucker for Kelly green and royal blue every time.  This thing is mess by any technical standard, but in those colors, I can't help it.... I just like looking at it.

It's really just the Redskins uniform in different colors.  The Redskins also had the wide sleeve stripes back in the 80s.

I just try to avoid looking at the helmet logo and enjoy the rest of it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

s-l300.jpg

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan. There is almost no color from afar when white and gray/silver are paired together in whatever combo/order you want to pair it. I don't care if the helmet is silver and the pants are silver, I don't like it with a white jersey. Yes, you have to have a white jersey. No, you do not have to pair the white jersey with silver/gray pants just because it's symmetrical. I prefer the Lions' blue pants with the white jerseys because there is at least more of color. I can tolerate their road look because it's been a traditional look that I associate with the Lions. But it doesn't mean I like it.  

I think the Patriots' current road uniform is bad because of the side panels, but I like the blue pants a whole lot better than when silver pants were paired with white jerseys in the previous uniform set. 

And this is why teams should be allowed a second helmet. You could have a dark helmet for your road set that could be the same color as the pants. Then you get symmetry and you get some color.

2 hours ago, cheo25 said:

s-l300.jpg

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan. There is almost no color from afar when white and gray/silver are paired together in whatever combo/order you want to pair it. I don't care if the helmet is silver and the pants are silver, I don't like it with a white jersey. Yes, you have to have a white jersey. No, you do not have to pair the white jersey with silver/gray pants just because it's symmetrical. I prefer the Lions' blue pants with the white jerseys because there is at least more of color. I can tolerate their road look because it's been a traditional look that I associate with the Lions. But it doesn't mean I like it.  

I think the Patriots' current road uniform is bad because of the side panels, but I like the blue pants a whole lot better than when silver pants were paired with white jerseys in the previous uniform set. 

And this is why teams should be allowed a second helmet. You could have a dark helmet for your road set that could be the same color as the pants. Then you get symmetry and you get some color.

No color? There’s blue all over the place. This photo also conveniently crops out the socks, which is where you put the color with light colored pants.

If you go with blue pants, then what do you do with the socks? Blue isn’t ideal (especially if the helmet is not blue). Grey looks odd. White works, but then it leaves the helmet as the sole silver element and tilts the balance off kilter. Dark pants against silver helmet with white jersey/socks is also challenging for me in terms of hierarchy; the pants just demand too much focus in that situation. The best option for silver helmeted teams is silver pants and colored socks, home and road.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 hours ago, cheo25 said:

s-l300.jpg

Even long before the one-helmet rule, teams couldn't do that. The Seahawks wanted to wear blue helmets at home and silver helmets on the road with their 2002-11 set, but the NFL nixed that.

On 1/24/2019 at 9:00 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

c910eb3c30b3ca01f41b0aca97d2cb28.jpg

Awkward logo (football doesn't do roundels well). Great color scheme in general but doesn't make sense for a team called the San Antonio Gunslingers. Maybe the Seahawks and Whalers have influenced me, but I  think those colors should be used in a coastal city.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Awkward logo (football doesn't do roundels well). Great color scheme in general but doesn't make sense for a team called the San Antonio Gunslingers. Maybe the Seahawks and Whalers have influenced me, but I  think those colors should be used in a coastal city.

...I mean when they're used together. Obviously anyone can use them independent of each other wherever, but together they connotate water for me.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:13 PM, MCM0313 said:

Even long before the one-helmet rule, teams couldn't do that. The Seahawks wanted to wear blue helmets at home and silver helmets on the road with their 2002-11 set, but the NFL nixed that.

The 1969 Philadelphia Eagles would like a word with you. Long before the Seahawks wanted to do home and road helmets, the Eagles did.

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The 1969 Philadelphia Eagles would like a word with you. Long before the Seahawks wanted to do home and road helmets, the Eagles did.

The NFL wasn't as keen to have one dedicated brand as they were in the last 3 decades. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

True, but that was before mass-marketing. The NFL didn’t have a problem with home-and-road helmets until helmets became possibly the most important visual shorthand for the teams.

This was before almost every college football team had multiple helmets, but I was a fan of how Washington State wore gray helmets at home and crimson helmets on the road in the early-2000s. I wouldn’t mind if some teams in the NFL (if they were actually allowed) to follow suit (similar to how the Rams switched out decals this year). That said, I generally think every team’s current design is their best foot forward in that department. Only argument I’d make for an alternate helmet would be to see Seattle with a gray option to pair with its gray pants, but I think we’d be better served if multiple helmets were allowed once again just for the purpose of throwbacks instead.

Archived