raysox

Unpopular Opinions

7,127 posts in this topic

If the Islanders were an expansion team and not a 4 in a row dynasty the fisherman uniform would have been better received.

I think the Sabres have a really good uniform template. It's the Buffaslug that ruins it for me.

A large majority seemed to love the Minnesota Wild green third jersey uniform, but I hate it. There's so little red, and it eliminated the stripes on the pants.

I think the Oilers and Islanders will miss the mark when they return to royal blue and orange.

I hate the Blackhawks throwback third jerseys and the regular black third jerseys.

I love the uniforms of the Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, new 49ers, and Miami Dolphins (navy blue and all)

I love the new Utah Jazz color scheme

I hate all of the extraneous alternates in baseball.

2182497640100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

One of my favourite NHL jerseys of all time.

Oh, and I hate grey baseball uniforms.

Most people love the Phillies sky blue and maroon days, but I feel these unis were much better:

Greene.jpg

• My favorite NHL uniform of all time is the Christmas Devils. They took a unique uniform away and went with same ol' same ol', but it's wildly popular.
  • I love the creamsicle Buccaneers.
  • I hate two beloved Wild uniforms: The red with the circle crest (marginalizing the great logo) and the green alt that barely uses red.
  • Most people prefer animal head logos (Jags, Panthers, etc.), but I like full body logos (Jags former sleeve logo, Bubbles the Lion)
  • I loved the old AZ Cardinals Uniform (with animal head...d'oh)
  • While I agree with most of you that monochrome in the NFL sucks, I disagree with all the white on white lovers. I think that's just as bad.
  • Block numbers. I'd prefer block numbers on almost any uniform. The Steelers should have kept 'em, and the original Jags with Block numbers was better. I don't like almost any others...Hate the Brewers, Wild (on the whites), T-Wolves, Wisconsin hoops, etc. Block numbers to me seem "bold" and I'd honestly be OK if every team used 'em.

I'm with you on those Broncos throwbacks. Sheer beauty, the best they've ever worn.

My own heresy is about the Packers' untouchable uniforms. I was terribly disappointed that the rumored early 1990s switch-to-navy never happened, and I still wish that Ron Wolf had the guts to pull the trigger on his redesign in 1994.

It's not too late, Green Bay. The Rodgers era is just beginning.

I am a HUGE fan of the Rockets 1996-2003 "pajamas". I thought that uniform epitomized creativity at it's finest.

I also loved the Pistons in teal, and other late 90's looks like the Nuggets, Sonics, Jazz, Suns, and the vibrant colored Spurs logo and court.

Basically, I loved everything about the late 90's. Islanders' Gorton's Fisherman included. :D

I love this logo/colour scheme...

S2.gif

Better than the original North Stars logo

Also props to whoever mentioned Nashville's Mustard jersey, couldnt agree more. Same with the Islanders Fisherman set.

I like when teams use black. :P

No surprise there. :P

I know I've made this clear with everyone, but I LOVED THESE.

Graphite Hats

HalladayTor3.jpg

Graphite Jerseys

twtwmdf5npfpgw509fd2ejd17.gif

The Blue Jays squandered their chance of having a really unique colour scheme if they went with more Graphite & Blue.

I like Mooterus. There, I said it.

I hate yet own the Mooterus.

PalfyIsles.jpg

lachanceisles.jpg

Agreed with these. I was happy I was able to get my hands on one of them a few years back. They should bring these back as alternates for next season (100% serious, and would get in line to grab one)

Also, the Picasso Coyote. I want to start a beer league team and get those as our jerseys.

Prefer just about anything with brighter colors (I'm a child of the 70s):

• "Creamsicle" Bucs over current Bucs
  • 70s Padres over current or blue/orange Padres
  • Tequila Sunrise Astros over current Astros
  • Purple, turquoise & copper D'Backs over current D'Backs
  • Don't like the addition of gray and black to the Phoenix Suns' purple and orange.
  • Gradient color scheme of Devil Rays more than boring current set or previous set.
  • Early 90s Orlando Thunder
  • 1970s WFL So. California Sun, Portland Storm, Charlotte Hornets (yellow jerseys!!)
  • New Orleans Jazz "mardi gras" color scheme

A few in the NBA I like (BTW, somebody explain to me why the Thunder's unis get so much flack):

77m5xttvlilqe42zg9w23fa45.gif

87jndmbgbcgqsejp49jl8s3fv.gif

buq461iin2fv8tde1ez06kk9x.gif

2ykfl0eewj640riqg8sweh525.gif

vwy25zq1gz9euzfbdfwwz2gvp.gif