Unpopular Opinions

11 hours ago, uuh70 said:

My favorite Angels uniform

98328002-tony-phillips-of-the-anaheim-an

Would seriously love a TBTC to this era, but doubt it happens since they didn't acknowledge it during their 50th anniversary season

I liked this set...but am puzzled by the baseball coming out of the wing, and am also puzzled as to why no one asked "Does this look like a phallus?"  The Anaheim patch is really nice though.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

47 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I liked this set...but am puzzled by the baseball coming out of the wing, and am also puzzled as to why no one asked "Does this look like a phallus?"  The Anaheim patch is really nice though.

Damn! Now I can't unsee the dick...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Something, something, touched by an angel?

• Like 2

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 7/2/2016 at 10:35 AM, bkknight95 said:

Hurricanes - a few more years of less than stellar play and I might agree with you. 

Devils - they've moved twice already and with 3 Stanley Cups won in NJ, they'll never move. 

Panthers - they are just starting to get better. Plus I think they are doing fine in Florida. 

Coyotes - matter of time IMO. Seattle needs an arena to house them when they become the Metros 2.0 

Quebec deserves a franchise, not sure that Toronto needs another team. Maybe let Hamilton back into the league. Milwaukee and Indy? Not sold on those two. 

Just my opinions. 

Anthony LeBlanc (the Coyotes figurehead owner) is either the greatest used car salesman alive or really seems hell bent on keeping the Coyotes in Arizona. Don't see them moving out of state, more moving from suburb to suburb (Glendale to Scottsdale).

• Like 1
Texas.gif

Unpopular opinions:

If/when the Nordiques return, I'd rather them use a variation of the proposed Husky logo over the igloo N. 
I preferred the Mighty Ducks identity over the current Ducks variation for Anaheim. 
I feel the current Diamondbacks colors/uniform set are the best they've ever had. 

• Like 1
Texas.gif

1. The ball-in-glove is extremely inferior to the Brewers' current look.

2. The Dbacks current set and colors are the best they've ever had, but I prefer sand over teal

3. A little biased, but the Magic have one of the best uniforms in the NBA.

4. Color Rush isn't that bad.

5. The Blue Jays' look is overrated.

6. Black-volt is actually a pretty good color scheme, if done correctly.

7. Aaaannnnddd... The Jaguars gold Color Rush was the best out of all of them, and they should adopt it as a full-time look (now, if they could fix the helmet, it would look even better)

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

50 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

2. The Dbacks current set and colors are the best they've ever had, but I prefer sand over teal

7. Aaaannnnddd... The Jaguars gold Color Rush was the best out of all of them, and they should adopt it as a full-time look (now, if they could fix the helmet, it would look even better)

This was truly painful to read...

• Like 6

22 hours ago, uuh70 said:

Would seriously love a TBTC to this era, but doubt it happens since they didn't acknowledge it during their 50th anniversary season

Incidentally, does any team currently wear pinstripes on their primary road uniform? I can't think of one...used to be Reds, Angels, Rockies, Twins, Diamondbacks, and Pirates all wore road pinstripes, back in the '90s (maybe not all at once, because I think Pittsburgh's was pretty short-lived).

Also, does this count as an unpopular opinion? : The Pirates' road stripes with the grey hat were really cool, even though they never had home pinstripes in that time.

3 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

He lost me after #1 but I felt like I was yelling in pain louder after each one on the list.

Agreed, but number 2 is where it started for me.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

18 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I disagree with everything on here except #6.

17 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Here's my reaction:

1. Maybe because I grew up with the current Brewers look so I prefer their current look as oppose to the BiG design although I'm not oppose to them bringing it back full-time.

2. No

3. It's ok, not the best. I feel as though they haven't had a really good set of uniforms since their first ones. 

4. It's an eyesore.

5. You looking for a fight?

6. I dunno what that is.

7. Again, it's an eyesore. 

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

23 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Ok. These aren't "that" bad. I disagree with a majority, but hey, hence the topic name 'Unpopular Opinions.'

I can only imagine the riots and chaos that would ensue if someone said: "I hate the Hartford Whalers logo!"

• Like 2

My fave Cannucks set is the Pre-Edge era.

nov2610_00Nazzy01_b_std.jpg

722826631.jpg

I'll admit the colour balance wasn't perfect, but the jersey themselves were great. That shiny silver, the reddish marroon, all of it. It's a shame they dumped these to go back to Blue & Green when it wasn't needed.

• Like 6

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:40 PM, uuh70 said:

Wouldn't call that my favorite but it has some positives for sure. The wordmark could use some tweaks but I like that its a pinstripe road uniform, the periwinkle color could be useful if used right, and most of all I really think that's one uniform that looks pretty good as a vest.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:53 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

OMG, you need some rest. Please. Lie down. If you still agree with these things in the morning, seek help immediately.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ~Bear said:

Ok. These aren't "that" bad. I disagree with a majority, but hey, hence the topic name 'Unpopular Opinions.'

I can only imagine the riots and chaos that would ensue if someone said: "I hate the Hartford Whalers logo!"

The list he posted is actually way worse than hating the Whalers logo...

• Like 1