College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon Jerseys for Thursday Night

Byy9IUiIgAALMwf.jpgByy9J5nIMAEIu1k.jpgByy9JG0IgAA9hJg.jpg

That could be my favorite Oregon look yet. Wow. Surprisingly great job.

Your favourite Oregon look? I'm assuming your home town is Calgary, ON and your first name is Bret. There's no other logical explanation for such a statement.

Brace yourselves, gentleman. The pink is coming and won't leave until November.

I think the only reason we see so much fanfare for one disease and its associated color is because they're pandering to get additional fans. If they truly cared about overall health, groups would also do something for a men's health issue as well. MLB does light blue bats and accessories for prostate cancer awareness in September but it barely registers on the radar for most people since it just doesn't stand out from other things that use light blue. Pink is not used in any major way by sports teams except for BCA so it's been more of a brilliant marketing strategy than anything else.

Why the lens flare?

Michael bay actually designed the uniforms.

That, and JJ Abrams directed the photo shoot.

It's a metaphor for the way the uniform is about to be birthed out into the world. The light behind the player represents, well... ask your mom.

I think the only reason we see so much fanfare for one disease and its associated color is because they're pandering to get additional fans. If they truly cared about overall health, groups would also do something for a men's health issue as well. MLB does light blue bats and accessories for prostate cancer awareness in September but it barely registers on the radar for most people since it just doesn't stand out from other things that use light blue. Pink is not used in any major way by sports teams except for BCA so it's been more of a brilliant marketing strategy than anything else.

Correct. Considering that the marketing budgets/ad campaigns advertising this annual quasi-charity effort exceed the actual amounts donated to the partner organizations, the biggest beneficiaries of this program financially are the ad agencies and media companies, with the merchandise producers coming in at a comfortable second place. When you buy that $85 camo/pink hoodie, typically less than $5 goes to the donation. Some deal.

Cancer of all kinds (or charity in general) is not a holiday or seasonal marketing event, but it's being commercialized that exact way. Hopefully the general public will eventually wise up and realize that consumerism does not effectively support causes. Direct donations to research and volunteering is what makes an actual difference.

Dear Boise State, Illinois and Syracuse.

Please stop screwing up Blue and Orange. It's not that hard.

Tim+Tebow+Chicago+Bears+v+Denver+Broncos

Sincerely,

Chicago & Denver.

I fail to see how Boise or Illinois have "screwed up" blue and orange. Also, Denver's uniforms are ugly and outdated.

Agreed, Denver's uni's are close to awful. I do like the blue/orange/white combo, but the piping and stripes and flair on the jerseys/pants is terrible.

Dear Boise State, Illinois and Syracuse.

Please stop screwing up Blue and Orange. It's not that hard.

Tim+Tebow+Chicago+Bears+v+Denver+Broncos

Sincerely,

Chicago & Denver.

I fail to see how Boise or Illinois have "screwed up" blue and orange. Also, Denver's uniforms are ugly and outdated.

Agreed, Denver's uni's are close to awful. I do like the blue/orange/white combo, but the piping and stripes and flair on the jerseys/pants is terrible.

I agree about Denver, but it's still better than the alternate crap Boise and occasionally Illinois and Syracuse trot out in.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't have the time to look up the stats but very little of the money donated to the Susan G. Komen fund actually makes it's way to research. The CEO recently got a 64% raise even though donations to the charity have dropped in the last few years. The BCA awareness month is really all about merchandising when it comes to the sports teams. They have their pink gear which is then auctioned off with much of the proceeds going to the team itself and the rest going to the Komen Foundation which as I previously stated, doesn't actually donate much of it research. Apparently, they're more concerned with "awareness" than treatment. What really sucks is that I'm sure a lot of the players don't know exactly what is going on with all this and probably truly think they are playing a part in finding a cure.

Correct. Considering that the marketing budgets/ad campaigns advertising this annual quasi-charity effort exceed the actual amounts donated to the partner organizations, the biggest beneficiaries of this program financially are the ad agencies and media companies, with the merchandise producers coming in at a comfortable second place. When you buy that $85 camo/pink hoodie, typically less than $5 goes to the donation. Some deal.

Cancer of all kinds (or charity in general) is not a holiday or seasonal marketing event, but it's being commercialized that exact way. Hopefully the general public will eventually wise up and realize that consumerism does not effectively support causes. Direct donations to research and volunteering is what makes an actual difference.

Cancer is big business. Otherwise, there would be a cure.

SigReflect.png

I don't have the time to look up the stats but very little of the money donated to the Susan G. Komen fund actually makes it's way to research. The CEO recently got a 64% raise even though donations to the charity have dropped in the last few years. The BCA awareness month is really all about merchandising when it comes to the sports teams. They have their pink gear which is then auctioned off with much of the proceeds going to the team itself and the rest going to the Komen Foundation which as I previously stated, doesn't actually donate much of it research. Apparently, they're more concerned with "awareness" than treatment. What really sucks is that I'm sure a lot of the players don't know exactly what is going on with all this and probably truly think they are playing a part in finding a cure.

Though I think you're right about Susan G. Komen, Oregon is supporting the Kay Yow Foundation and the NFL has a partnership with the American Cancer Society.

I think a lot of companies have migrated their support to other cancer charities than SGK in recent years, likely for those very reasons.

By3tlbRIYAApKiz.jpg

That's a photoshop, and poorly done at that.

Excess "dust" or "noise" around the borders and if you look into the sheen of the helmet, you can see the guy's living room in the reflection. Guessing this is a mini helmet since they didn't even have the sense to remove the "SCHUTT" logo from the chin strap.

I'm not saying that USC won't wear chrome domes, but this ain't it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

By3tlbRIYAApKiz.jpg

That's a photoshop, and poorly done at that.

Excess "dust" or "noise" around the borders and if you look into the sheen of the helmet, you can see the guy's living room in the reflection. Guessing this is a mini helmet since they didn't even have the sense to remove the "SCHUTT" logo from the chin strap.

I'm not saying that USC won't wear chrome domes, but this ain't it.

I think they just used it as an example, not as a leak.

Oregon Jerseys for Thursday Night

Byy9IUiIgAALMwf.jpgByy9J5nIMAEIu1k.jpgByy9JG0IgAA9hJg.jpg

That could be my favorite Oregon look yet. Wow. Surprisingly great job.

Your favourite Oregon look? I'm assuming your home town is Calgary, ON and your first name is Bret. There's no other logical explanation for such a statement.

I absolutely hate how Oregon ignores their school colors. Not just in this one, but most of their uniforms. It's a great color scheme and besides that. it's their school colors. USE THEM!

That's also the reason I hate most black uniforms when BFBS is in play.

87Redskins.png

Archived