MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cleveland.png

Is it the only one using this shade in MLB? Brewers, Padres, Rays are light navy which matches their hats and I guess that the Braves, Sox, Mariners and Twins are kinda in between with a jersey shade a little lighter than their midnight hats.

cleveland.png

Is it the only one using this shade in MLB? Brewers, Padres, Rays are light navy which matches their hats and I guess that the Braves, Sox, Mariners and Twins are kinda in between with a jersey shade a little lighter than their midnight hats.

Never been worn for a regular season game, but I think the Yankees BP are the same shade:

-84cbac4c50106a8d.JPGAlex-Rodriguez--2015-New-York-Yankees-sp

Anubis.png

Dodgers are wearing their regular road jerseys tonight!!!! Hopefully they wear them more often than they did last year. So much better than the 'Dodgers' alternates. And by more often I mean every road game they play.

First look at Mariners update road set during a game. The more I look at it, the more I dislike it.

m3KcOST.jpg

BLO2fDP.jpg

It's a paint job on a house that needs to be torn down.

Why does the house need to be torn down? Replace it with some inaccurate trident logo because "Hey an upside-down trident makes an M!"??

The Mariners' primary logo is one of the best in sports.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's hard to judge the shade in the Indians alt jersey as its only been worn in Houston's park, which has dimmer lighting whe the roof is closed at night.

I bet it's the same shade as BOS and ATL but can't assume til we see it in daylight

It's hard to judge the shade in the Indians alt jersey as its only been worn in Houston's park, which has dimmer lighting whe the roof is closed at night.

I bet it's the same shade as BOS and ATL but can't assume til we see it in daylight

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I like the lighter navy better.

First look at Mariners update road set during a game. The more I look at it, the more I dislike it.

m3KcOST.jpg

BLO2fDP.jpg

Why does the house need to be torn down? Replace it with some inaccurate trident logo because "Hey an upside-down trident makes an M!"??

The primary logo is great. The look, however, is very drab and bland. The rest of the teams in the Pacific northwest have outclassed the Mariners in their combination of navy and some sort of green.

Getting to see them in true daylight will take a litle longer, but a chance to see them during dusk (early in the game) or outdoor floodlights (late in the game) will come on Tuesday, when they wear them at home for the first time this season (Indians' home uniform schedule is white M,W, Th, F; navy Tu; Cream Sa, Su, home opener, and holidays).

m3KcOST.jpg

BLO2fDP.jpg

The primary logo is great. The look, however, is very drab and bland. The rest of the teams in the Pacific northwest have outclassed the Mariners in their combination of navy and some sort of green.

"The rest of the teams" being the Seahawks and Sounders? There's no Seattle NHL team, and the SuperSonics never had navy blue in their color scheme. Personally, I like the Mariners' navy, teal, and silver better than the other Seattle teams' schemes, but I admit the execution on the uniforms has often left a bit to be desired...they're too...conservative, for lack of a better word. Staid. It was especially bad when they dropped the teal alternate and added a BFBS one. Now, I wish they'd wear the teal more often, but I also wish they'd give their set more panache in general.

"The rest of the teams" being the Seahawks and Sounders? There's no Seattle NHL team, and the SuperSonics never had navy blue in their color scheme. Personally, I like the Mariners' navy, teal, and silver better than the other Seattle teams' schemes, but I admit the execution on the uniforms has often left a bit to be desired...they're too...conservative, for lack of a better word. Staid. It was especially bad when they dropped the teal alternate and added a BFBS one. Now, I wish they'd wear the teal more often, but I also wish they'd give their set more panache in general.

Conservative is a good word for it. They either need to come up with a better way of utilizing teal or switch to a shade of green that pops more.

The mariners had a BFBS jersey? Like that they actually wore? I don't remember that at all. Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Athletics?

Anyway, I think the Mariners current identity is fine, and they shouldn't change it up too much, but I agree that they should do something to shake it up a bit. The logo is fine. I think the best way to improve things without changing the identity too much is to keep their primaries the same, but modify the alternates a bit. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but they can surely do something fun with their alternates. They have a fun theme/identity to work with.

Updated special event list for this season:

Angels: April 18th -1960's throwbacks

Cubs @ Reds: April 25th -1990 throwbacks

Diamondbacks: every Thursday home game -2001 throwbacks

Giants: April 18th -Ring Ceremony uniforms

Padres: every Wednesday home game -1980's throwbacks

Phillies: April 9th -1915 throwback cap // June 19th-21st -1964 throwbacks

Red Sox: May 5th -1970's throwbacks

On April 15th the Mariners and Dodgers will wear patches on their jerseys and caps for the 2015 Civil Rights Game.

Unconfirmed dates:

A's: June 27th throwbacks

Mariners: May 16th -Negro League throwback game vs Boston

Rays: June 27th fauxbacks

Archived