2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love that Ducks third. I thought they'd be wanting to push the D branding more with this as their first full time orange uniform, but the Mighty Ducks logo on the front is certainly a pleasant surprise. Honestly wasn't expecting them to go that route, but of course I'm very happy about that :D The striping looks great, I can see why it would bug some folks for the inconsistency between the sleeve and hem stripes, but it looks like a blending of eras so that's kinda neat. On that note, I'm liking the more traditional-ish stripes as opposed to the swooshes they've been using. I like the Mighty Ducks diagonal stripes as much as anyone, but I'd also like to keep them off this uniform. Let it pay tribute to the past while being its own thing.

Avs third is just OK. Nothing truly remarkable about it but it's not horrible except for the useless flag patch and why is there only one shoulder patch aaarrrgghhh

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Ducks 3rd would be better if the sleeves matched the hem, but they are not bad overall. I would have liked it if they had taken the striping pattern on their Stadium Series jersey and used that instead.

Colorado's 3rd is ugly and I don't know why now all of a sudden they are paying homage to the Rockies with the new shoulder patch and now the alt logo. I pretty much threw up seeing the previews for the Red Wings and Avalanche's Stadium Series jersey. Why a sash? One-offs and special jerseys should be different, but not ugly for the sake of being different.

As for the Predators yellow helmet, I'll reserve final judgement until I see the whole uniform in action, but I have a feeling I'm not going to like it, just like how I don't like how they changed the socks on the white jersey. Of all the things they decided to tweak, why didn't they change the piping instead?

Honestly I like Avs altenate, but only from a fan of ugly sweaters point of view. The worst thing about state patch is that the team is named after the said state....

Atleast the Flames can use the dumb excuse of showing Alberta pride as opposed to just the city of Calgary. If someone honestly doesn't know the Avalanche play in Colorado what on earth is going to make them know that's the state flag? How are they even going to know what a flag is if they are that stupid?

Questions, questions.....

The Ducks alternate is beautiful, but merely a lame attempt at writting a major wrong. I'll likely end up getting both jerseys still.

untitled-6.jpg

Prediction: A white version of the Av's and Ducks new 3rd jerseys will be made in the next 5 years, thus replacing their current sets.

That's probably too soon for the Ducks, but then this third is also coming about very soon after a new uniform set. Time will tell I suppose.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Ducks' alt looks great, though the numbers really should be white, not black. The striping could be simplified a bit and made consistent, but it's miles ahead of the crap featured on their primaries.

The Avs new alt is stinky poo poo.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I came here to say inb4 someone complains about the asymmetrical striping on the Ducks third. Too late...

The Ducks third looks great. The Avs third not so much. Sadly they will probably make a white version and they will be their new primaries.

Prediction: A white version of the Ducks new 3rd jerseys will be made in the next 5 years, thus replacing their current sets.

Not every Ducks alternate becomes the future primary jersey. Wildwing, both late 90s one-offs, and the LA Kings clone never became the main primary jersey.

Only the Avalanche could take a design element as horrible as the Flame's 'clash patch' and make it their own. Without it, the jersey is at least somewhat decent. I like how all three uniforms have shoulder patches, with colours, that don't match the rest of the uniform <_<

Avs 3rd is terrible. Stadium Series jerseys look like they're going to be terrible...

...but that Ducks jersey is great. It's what they should have done from the beginning if they were dead set on dropping Eggplant and Jade. Now just make black and white home and away versions.

(I still think the gold is out of place and needs to be replaced. But don't know what color I'd replace it with that would look good with black and orange.)

Re: Sashes

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived