NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Nuggets court looks better than what it was...Coming from a die-hard fan who attends a lot of games, I'm happy to see it, but would MUCH rather give the axe to their primary logo and make the secondary the primary. I'm a little ticked off at our team's marketing department though. Basically every major sports media source (including the NBA) has mentioned the new unis EXCEPT the Nuggets. I cant find out when they are available to purchase or anything...The Nuggets have done a horrible job reinventing their identity with the fans.

Can't wait for someone to ask why they only have 4 stars on the court when they have 6 championships.

Its because the Chicago flag has 4 red stars.

2000px-Flag_of_Chicago,_Illinois.svg.png

capture_8.png

THANKS I HAD NO IDEA GOOD THING YOU'RE HERE TO SET THINGS STRAIGHT

PvO6ZWJ.png

Black has never bothered me with the Suns. My perception of it has always been that the court represents desert imagery with the wood being various shades of sand, the orange and purple being the teams colors and black being parts burnt by the sun. That might be a stretch to some, but it's exactly how I've seen it since the first time they added black to the court.

True^^^^^^

Btw..@ new Denver Nuggets court

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/new-court-design-announced

". A two-tone mountain range will also be added along the sideline spanning across the timeline below the center court primary logo. Below the mountain range, the numbers 5280 and 300 are another fresh addition, symbolizing Denvers altitude of 5,280 feet and the front ranges historical average of 300 days of sunshine per year. The DENVER NUGGETS text along each baseline has also been updated to match the new western inspired font of the new home and away uniform designs."

Whatever..sounds like something straight outta CLA marketing team.

Edit: Looks like Denver Nuggets is taking a page from the Avalanche with the "5280 " From the new Stadium jersey collar from the mothership.

Colorado Rapids in MLS have been using "5280", as well as the state flag, for a couple years now. These traditional big four sports are playing catch-up. :)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Nuggets, one of the few pro teams that does not in any form show their teamname on court or uniform (no nuggets anywhere) ? ?

I hope this is sarcasm.

I hope it's sarcasm too. The team's home and alternate uniforms both have "Nuggets". Even the previous court had "Denver Nuggets" on the baselines, and the primary logo next to the keys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Has this been mentioned yet?

CPonfcZUsAAk-de.jpg

Ugh, it's so navy-heavy.

I'm guessing they made it navy-heavy because it allows the sublimated designs to get more attention. Their other colors (bright blue and yellow) are so eye-catching that they would have taken attention away from the sublimated designs, which they pretty clearly want people to notice and talk about.

I'm kind of ambivalent about this court change. It's obviously very different from what they previously used, but I don't know whether to think it is better or worse. It's just very ... different.

What I think could really make this court look a lot better would be an upgrade to the team's primary logo. What I am seeing on this court is an outdated (over 20 years old, and very 90s looking) logo large and smack dab in the middle of the court where everything else screams "2015." It is almost as if it is calling attention to itself regarding how out-of-place (and out-of-date) it looks. If they updated their primary logo, especially if they incorporated in it the new font they have on the baselines, I could see this court looking a lot better.

Archived