NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/2015-16-jersey-schedule

So, this is a first as far as I know: The Cavs have posted a page with the jersey they will wear for every game for the rest of the year.

Running through and counting appearances for all the uniforms, it looks like the black sleeved jerseys will be used six more times for a total of seven. I thought the limit for those was six times per season? Several beat writers mentioned in their stories on LeBron tearing the sleeves that they would be worn between three and six times. Hmm.

Tally of remaining games: 16 white, 14 Cavs gold, 12 road, 11 navy, 9 throwback gold, 6 black sleeves, 1 xmas.

I thought they wore their home whites a lot less than that. I know it's about even with their alt, but that still is much more than I would've guessed.

The Bulls are holding a contest to name their Hoffman Estates-based D-League team, launching next season.

Here's more on this: http://www.bullsdleague.com/

They really only what a location name, every submission "must end in Bulls."

Ugh. It's going to wind up being something super cornball like "IncrediBulls."

HitBulls because this forced name is BS

Go A's!

If they're gonna do a "pride" uni that doesn't use a team color, why not use that lovely Chicago sky blue? Taking inspiration from civic symbols instead of main logos for an alternate would be the socceriest move yet.

On another note, a thought from last night's Celtics/Thunder game: watching green/white jerseys vs orange/navy jerseys was fine on its own, but as a result of OKC's mid-blue court that hardly uses those colors, it looked like a high school or college game being played on an NBA court. No home team continuity at all.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

If they're gonna do a "pride" uni that doesn't use a team color, why not use that lovely Chicago sky blue? Taking inspiration from civic symbols instead of main logos for an alternate would be the socceriest move yet.

On another note, a thought from last night's Celtics/Thunder game: watching green/white jerseys vs orange/navy jerseys was fine on its own, but as a result of OKC's mid-blue court that hardly uses those colors, it looked like a high school or college game being played on an NBA court. No home team continuity at all.

No reason why they didn't use this as an opportunity to incorporate the Chicago flag or light blue is besides me. They would have been cash cows if they are ever introduce. Come on Nike!
shado_logo.gif

That's not silver. That's Seasonal Depression Gray, the color of everything in the city from late November until the end of March.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bulls debuting the silver Pride uniforms tonight against the Pacers. They are nice but would be better without sleeves as usual. (Pics coming soon but video would do ok now)

http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/taj-gibson-throws-down-dunk-off-lob-from-joakim-noah-video/#jddjkdxMLYykSGYs.97

Update:

151116210653-derrick-rose-indiana-pacers

I couldn't find a clear picture but the bull horn design on the shorts is a really nice touch. If these were sleeveless I'd honestly like them.

8bVWNl7.png.df4b40fc8bee1fb7b4442d7fc55c

Grey and red always look good together. If they ever updated their brand in the distant future, I'd welcome grey, red and Chicago flag light blue.

The four stars on the shorts are so subtle, but make all the difference in the design.

Damn, damn, damn those sleeves. Atrocity to the look and feel of professional basketball.

To me the Bulls' sleeved jerseys further show that sleeved jerseys are just fine. It's a shirt! There is nothing wrong with wearing a shirt while playing basketball.

And the use of grey is pretty nice, also. Though wearing this uniform at home is a bit odd, as is any uniform that is not white (or Lakers yellow). It makes me realise that I wish that teams used grey on the road, baseball style, the way the Nets used to do when they had a grey road uniform alongside the blue one.

martin_kidd.jpg

1750388-richard-jefferson-kenyon-martin-

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

That grey Nets uniform is one of my favorite basketball uniforms of all-time. The only tweak I would've made to it would've been to remove the collar crest and round the collar. Other than that? Splendid. Just about as good an alternate as you could ever ask for.

But in regards to the Bulls...grey's fine (albeit a little jarring to see paired with them), but death to sleeves.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived