NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the Bulls' sleeved jerseys further show that sleeved jerseys are just fine. It's a shirt! There is nothing wrong with wearing a shirt while playing basketball.

In a pick up game perhaps, but in pro ball you need a uniform, and basketball uniforms do no have sleeves, 60+ years of history tell us that.

I get that sleeves are untraditional. And, as I have said before, I admit that I am being inconsistent when like the sleeves in basketball but I trot out the "it's that way because it's that way" argument defending stirrups in baseball. All I can say is that, to me, sleeved jerseys still look like uniforms that are appropriate for basketball.

It uncomfortable as well, just ask bron lol

Nonsense. Lebron made a big show of ripping the sleeves a couple of weeks ago. But there's no way that the sleeves actually inhibit the players' movement. Tennis players have no problem with sleeves.

Tennis players don't have biceps / triceps the size of many basketball players. Poor comparison.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To me the Bulls' sleeved jerseys further show that sleeved jerseys are just fine. It's a shirt! There is nothing wrong with wearing a shirt while playing basketball.

In a pick up game perhaps, but in pro ball you need a uniform, and basketball uniforms do no have sleeves, 60+ years of history tell us that.

I get that sleeves are untraditional. And, as I have said before, I admit that I am being inconsistent when like the sleeves in basketball but I trot out the "it's that way because it's that way" argument defending stirrups in baseball. All I can say is that, to me, sleeved jerseys still look like uniforms that are appropriate for basketball.

It uncomfortable as well, just ask bron lol

Nonsense. Lebron made a big show of ripping the sleeves a couple of weeks ago. But there's no way that the sleeves actually inhibit the players' movement. Tennis players have no problem with sleeves.

Tennis players don't have biceps / triceps the size of many basketball players. Poor comparison.

Is that why Nadal is all "suns out, guns out"? He really only need to be sleeveless on one arm, anyway.

The Mavericks are wearing their green throwbacks tonight, and they look really great. I wish they weren't beating the snot out of the Jazz in them, but I'm still enjoying seeing them on the court nonetheless.

Now if they could switch back to blue and green yesterday, that would be great.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Wow, talk about the Cavs' regular set make these otherwise so-so unis look great.. I had already forgotten what it was like to see the team you root for in decent uniforms... Feels odd, lol.

10 years ago, I would've never thought I'd be salivating over these one day.

3Mn8YypO9TY.jpg

Wow, talk about the Cavs' regular set make these otherwise so-so unis look great.. I had already forgotten what it was like to see the team you root for in decent uniforms... Feels odd, lol.

10 years ago, I would've never thought I'd be salivating over these one day.

3Mn8YypO9TY.jpg

Totally disagree. I think these look horrible compared to their current uniforms.

The Mavericks are wearing their green throwbacks tonight, and they look really great. I wish they weren't beating the snot out of the Jazz in them, but I'm still enjoying seeing them on the court nonetheless.

Speaking of the Jazz--and this better fits into next year's uniform changes discussion--but according to Steve Starks (basically the Jazz president), Utah may be considering additional throwback and/or alternates, which probably won't happen until next year. Among the most-popular requests are the ABA's Utah Stars and late-1990s mountain jerseys, though I personally wouldn't mind seeing the 1980s kelly green:

700452591.jpg

or 1984-1996 purple jerseys:

john-stockton-keeping-it-real.jpg

(minus the John Stockton short shorts, of course) return, either.

There's nothing mentioned about tweaking/changing the primary colors (so far), though.

Speaking of the Jazz--and this better fits into next year's uniform changes discussion--but according to Steve Starks (basically the Jazz president), Utah may be considering additional throwback and/or alternates, which probably won't happen until next year. Among the most-popular requests are the ABA's Utah Stars and late-1990s mountain jerseys, though I personally wouldn't mind seeing the kelly green 1980s:

700452591.jpg

or 1984-1996 purple jerseys

john-stockton-keeping-it-real.jpg

(minus the John Stockton short shorts, of course) return, either. There's nothing mentioned about tweaking/changing the primary colors, though.

I'd love another throwback! My personal preference would be the mountains (#childhoodnostalgia), but I'd be cool with the 80's as well.

That all said, if they're going to do a throwback, I hope whatever they go with is the white home versions. I never like it when the home team looks like the road team, no matter how great the throwback is.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Shame they couldn't get the number font right.... Well, that's Adidas for ya.

The NBA uniforms have been a real joke this season but this matchup might just be the worst yet...

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/gary-harris-of-the-denver-nuggets-drives-to-the-basket-during-the-picture-id498638834

Yikes. There is nothing good about that matchup. Not a single thing.

I know it's not discussed too much but IMO, Denver is another one of those teams that needs a complete re-brand. Logos, colors, uniforms...everything.

The NBA uniforms have been a real joke this season but this matchup might just be the worst yet...

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/gary-harris-of-the-denver-nuggets-drives-to-the-basket-during-the-picture-id498638834

Yikes. There is nothing good about that matchup. Not a single thing.

I know it's not discussed too much but IMO, Denver is another one of those teams that needs a complete re-brand. Logos, colors, uniforms...everything.

I like the Nuggets' logo set. The mountain is a solid primary and the pick axe secondary works as well. The colors I've hated since 2003 or whenever it was they came out. Charles Barkley said they looked like a WNBA team and he was right. The only thing is they don't have much to fall back on. That yellow skyline alt they had (still have? I can't keep track of NBA uniform sets anymore) is great and a full set could be made out of that. I like how they made navy more prominent. Hopefully means they're phasing out the sky/baby blue slowly but surely.

sig.png

That Nuggets/Clippers matchup may go down as the worst in NBA history. Maybe in sports.

This:

GNBp333.jpg

Isn't better than this:

garrett-ellwood-los-angeles-clippers-v-d

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived