NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

4 minutes ago, tp49 said:

I remember when the Islanders left the abomination to the NHL that was Barclay's Center to go back to the "too small for the NHL Nassau Coliseum" and the uproar that came with it even from Bettman...but the Coyotes can play in a building with a capacity of 5,000.  OITGDNHL.

I mean, the Coyotes are moving to an arena that is smaller than many CHL arenas. It even makes the Chargers temporary home look dignified. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I saw, I came, I left.

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

I mean, the Coyotes are moving to an arena that is smaller than many CHL arenas. It even makes the Chargers temporary home look dignified. 

Their farm team in Tucson plays in a bigger building, by about 4,000 seats. That's gotta be awkward for call-ups, to say the least...

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

Their farm team in Tucson plays in a bigger building, by about 4,000 seats. That's gotta be awkward for call-ups, to say the least...

Coincidentally... that's where the University of Arizona plays

I saw, I came, I left.

I know it will (probably) never happen again, but I’m probably not the only one who would love to see businesspeople in Quebec and, say, 7 or 9 other markets to somehow launch an alternative league (like a new WHA).

I don’t think the NHL BoG and Bettman can bend over any further to keep the Coyotes in Arizona.

• Applause 1

On 2/11/2022 at 7:26 PM, tp49 said:

I remember when the Islanders left the abomination to the NHL that was Barclay's Center to go back to the "too small for the NHL Nassau Coliseum" and the uproar that came with it even from Bettman...but the Coyotes can play in a building with a capacity of 5,000.  OITGDNHL.

I'll do you one better: remember when the Atlanta Thrashers had to move because they had no arena to play in? The arena in Gwinnett seats 11,000 for hockey. Everything is made up and the points don't matter.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 2/12/2022 at 10:13 PM, the admiral said:

I'll do you one better: remember when the Atlanta Thrashers had to move because they had no arena to play in? The arena in Gwinnett seats 11,000 for hockey. Everything is made up and the points don't matter.

The Thrashers moved because there was literally no one in the state of Georgia that was interested in buying them & keeping them there. It had nothing to do with the arena situation.

Whether you like it or not, the Coyotes have an ownership group that is committed to the market. As long as there's a faint possibility of them getting approval for the new arena they won't be going anywhere.

• Yawn 1

8 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Whether you like it or not, the Coyotes have an ownership group that is committed to the market. As long as there's a faint possibility of them getting approval for the new arena they won't be going anywhere.

And the NHL is completely :censored:ing insane if they allow this to go on. The Coyotes are the NHL’s version of a vegetable being on life support for almost 20 years. It’s time to pull the plug. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2

13 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Thrashers moved because there was literally no one in the state of Georgia that was interested in buying them & keeping them there. It had nothing to do with the arena situation.

>ownership group that can't/doesn't pay its bills is "committed to the market"

555-Come-On-Now Come on Now | Now Meme on ME.ME

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

The Coyotes are the perfect loss leader to drag down the cap.  Hopefully the NHL isn't dumb enough to have that written down for the next lockout/strike.

• Like 2
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

16 hours ago, insert name said:

I've never seen a league so obsessed with saving a franchise in a market that's clearly not working. This is an embarrassment to the franchise and to the league. They should not be this proud moving into a community center. 

The official trolling is beginning already.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

VmWIn6B.png