Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one confused a little by the Bucs numbers. On Winston the interior trim appears white helping the numbers "pop" more but then on Evans the interior trim appears the more of a silver/gray.

Then this pic of Winston's jersey the interior trim appears the same shade of Pewter as the numbers.

temp151208_MM_Bucs_Color_Rush_0342--nfl_

pin-clock-3.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Tampa looks better, but improving the worst uniform in NFL history isn't exactly hard. Those numbers are still bafflingly stupid. I like how they still have the jaws of Husky Stadium on their shoulders.

The Rams would look great with white or blue pants, but this commitment to the one color unitard continues to ruin potentially good looks. Also bafflingly stupid.

Love the Rams jersey. It would look great over white pants. The Bucs jersey is an improvement, but like McCarthy said, improving on that disaster isn't difficult. Of all the stupid color rush uniforms, the Rams is the least ridiculous. I suppose you could say the Cowboys didn't look ridiculous, but they basically just wore throwbacks.

BB52Big.jpg

How any art director worth their salt didn't see this is beyond me. Embarrassing.

Rams.jpg

well yeah in a perfect world you're right, but it must've been deliberately done to match the classic rams pants stripe.

FB-Eric-Dickerson.jpg

But yeah it's always been an annoyance of mine that they had a white stripe when there was no white anywhere else on the uniform (aside from the NOB).

PvO6ZWJ.png

How any art director worth their salt didn't see this is beyond me. Embarrassing.

Rams.jpg

well yeah in a perfect world you're right, but it must've been deliberately done to match the classic rams pants stripe.

FB-Eric-Dickerson.jpg

But yeah it's always been an annoyance of mine that they had a white stripe when there was no white anywhere else on the uniform (aside from the NOB).

Possibly cutting cost and re-purposing the throwback pants.

It wouldn't be bad if the jersey had some white. Even the Nike logo could be white or something

Go A's!

I'm 99% certain these yellow jerseys do feature royal blue. The first teaser video looked to show royal blue. All the still shots they put out before the games have filters which distorted the colors. Add in the fact that they're likely wearing their throwback pants (and didn't produce nearly-identical pants with navy stripes).

That being said, yellow over white would be an incredible throwback look. But royal blue over yellow is how the Rams should look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You could even do a Broncos-esque curve at the end of the stripe, and it would fit perfectly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So, a ton of pages ago, I asked if the color rush would be sold in the elite version (minus teams like Titans who are using an alternate jersey) and the consenses was no since the Jets, Jags, etc. are all the middle tier replica. I also stated that as a collector, I go for the authentics as much as possible. Can anyone "in the know" confirm that these are "one-offs" for 2015 only or will they be used again and maybe sold next year in the elite template? I mean for a team like the Bucs, ugly or not, that's my fav team and although niche, the authentic jersey has the actual reflective numbers whereas the reps don't and I won't have to get a Winston one or settle for Evans.

TL;DR Should I buy the Bucs color rush as a replica or roll the dice that next year there will be an elite version of this 2015 one (or will color rush be a different color all together)?

Thanks!

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived