2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Why do we keep doing this?

Pretty much all of the unveilings are done, with the exception of "special jerseys" from the Kings and Flyers, a new third from the Blues, and a bunch of outdoor game sweaters. We gotta talk about something to keep the thread going. The Ducks discussion happens to be the topic of choice for thread filler.

Also, because it wasn't reported here yet, the Blues modified their anniversary patch for the embroidery:

0626-stl50th-draft.png?format=750w

2 hours ago, Morgo said:

It looks a lot better embroidered.  The metallic gold suits the uniform quite well.

The original version that they showed seemed very half-arsed. Now seeing its application as a patch, I really like it. It's simple and effective. The gold really helps.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

22 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

What kills me with the Mighty whites is the lack of colour balance; eggplant and jade should be swapped...

I don't think so.

Then there would be an uneven blob of eggplant from the pants to the middle of the jersey

On 7/10/2016 at 7:46 AM, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

That's not a hockey jersey.

That's a piece of Disney merchandise.

That's something that a cartoon character would wear.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/1zg5f6.jpg

The cartoon was based on the team. It came out in 1996.

bSLCtu2.png

That whole Guardian Project thing sounded like it was a better idea on paper. So much wasted potential. Mostly bad and derivative character designs, and on top of that they pissed off more than a few fans with the descriptions. I remember people getting upset because the New York Ranger was a "non-stop crime fighter".

I don't mind the Duck design (it kind of looks like Wild Wing and BlackWarGreymon did a Fusion Dance and acquired a rocket surfboard), but... rebel with a trust fund? That's just dumb. On top of that he was the only one without any superpowers, maybe that was a subtle reference to the team dropping "Mighty" :P 

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

17 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

I don't really care if it's the same jersey design, but the Ducks would look so much better if they went back to Jade and Eggplant.  Such a great color scheme.

Can we just go with something like this and call it a day?

anaheim_recolor.png

Archived