2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think of the Leafs new look as the 2007-08 to 2009-10 set...  I give it about two, three, seasons before they realize the error of their ways and reinstate the classic hem and sock stripes.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

Think of the Leafs new look as the 2007-08 to 2009-10 set...  I give it about two, three, seasons before they realize the error of their ways and reinstate the classic hem and sock stripes.

Error? I'm sure ML$E have already planned the switch.

make-it-rain-o-1.gif

I'm not sure if its just because it's a rookie camp or whatever, but seeing the CCM logo going down the stripe on the Leafs' new pants, and not on the front, is strange.  Honestly thought the Leafs should have turned last year's 3rd into their new uniforms.  Add a blue shoulder yoke to the whites and I thought it would have gone well with the new logo.

39 minutes ago, Ark said:

I just realized

USTZvkR.jpg

The shoulders are supposed to be penguin wings

Thats a huge stretch.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Ark said:

I just realized

USTZvkR.jpg

The shoulders are supposed to be penguin wings

I really think it was meant to be Pittsburgh's Golden Triangle, the center of the city where the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers meet to form the Ohio. It's the same triangle behind the Penguins' logo for the entire history, including that one. Even the Steelers tried that design element some 30 years prior, and it was hated.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

20 hours ago, Morgo said:

Let's hope they also correct the mistake of that ugly new logo and go back to the iconic Ballard Leaf, while they're at it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Let's hope they also correct the mistake of that ugly new logo and go back to the iconic Ballard Leaf, while they're at it.

Iconic doesn't always mean good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I prefer the new guy to the Ballard leaf, but I wouldn't hate it if they took the text off the Ballard leaf and used it on the shoulders. That would be a better nod to the 70's/80's uniforms than the lone hem stripe. The percentage of people outside this board who got that connection numbers in the single digits. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On July 5, 2016 at 0:14 PM, McCarthy said:

I prefer the new guy to the Ballard leaf, but I wouldn't hate it if they took the text off the Ballard leaf and used it on the shoulders. That would be a better nod to the 70's/80's uniforms than the lone hem stripe. The percentage of people outside this board who got that connection numbers in the single digits. 

I agree totally with this.

Whether or not there is a reason for the wide hem stripe...it just looks off.

A while ago McElroy (I believe) did up a nice simple mash-up of the Arenas' T and a maple leaf.

Throw it on the shoulder...(or down on the side of the pants)...give the hem stripe the same "weight" as the arm stripes...plain pants to give the striping a bit of room...Throw the big classic leaf on the front...and keep the funky sock stripes.

...All eras represented...

leafs2_1.jpg

Archived