College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Didn't know New Balance still sponsored teams.

I've known about NB doing soccer uniforms (primarily with overseas clubs), but I would have never thought they'd have football uniforms under their banner.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

16 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

At Oregon's practice today, they reverted back to wearing their black helmets, which likely means the green ones are being prepared for their game on Saturday.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Hopefully they debut the suspected white and green version of the uniforms from the Virginia game as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

New Balance is headquartered in Boston and has some factories in Maine. Makes sense for them. Went by their new HQ building in the Spring and that thing is really nice.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

15 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Central Michigan was with New Balance when Dan LeFevour was the QB.

I couldn't think of who, but I knew there was another school I remember seeing with NB.  All I remembered is that they used  gold/maroon colors.  Central Michigan was it.

I liked the Husker alternates as just that... alternates. They've been the best of the adidas alternates turds so far.

But for a regular road game? I'll take the white jersey and red pants any day. Too many teams go all-white on the road; I like that Nebraska has a tradition with the red road pants. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 hours ago, PhilliesPhan1325 said:

New Balance is headquartered in Boston and has some factories in Maine. Makes sense for them. Went by their new HQ building in the Spring and that thing is really nice.

So does New Balance make football cleats too? Noticed the Maine players in the pic were wearing Nike gloves, but the photo does not show their shoes.

SN: Anybody else find it odd that the Maine Black Bears do not wear black uniforms?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

So does New Balance make football cleats too? Noticed the Maine players in the pic were wearing Nike gloves, but the photo does not show their shoes.

SN: Anybody else find it odd that the Maine Black Bears do not wear black uniforms?

You mean like the Texas Tech Red/Black Raiders? Maybe they could secure a licensing deal from the CFL for RedBlacks.

At least TTU does use a good amount of red, though. Same could be argued for Tulsa or Kent State - pretty much any "golden something" team.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived