2 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

"WHY GOD? WHY DID YOU FORSAKE ME? WHY MUST I PLAY FOR KANSAS?"

- what the guy is probably screaming

Tech Web ruins everything. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

12 hours ago, msubulldog said:

I wonder if their basing that on the Saints' mono-white "Color Rush" set they will wear in a few weeks in Charlotte?

Adidas getting lazy again.  These Lafayette uniforms are basically the same alternates that Nebraska wore against Northwestern.  All white, with minimal red and chrome accents.  I can understand outfitters recycling patterns and design work down to smaller FBS/FCS schools, but this just reeks of Adidas - AGAIN - being the worst of the major suppliers. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

5 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

1 love

football-gallery-1-5.jpg

I interpret this as the ghost of Pat Tillman haunting ASU for their stupid, stupid uniform choices.

Also, ASU needs to stop shaking the corpse for loose change.  It was pretty well documented that Tillman was a bit of a jerk and while I'd never imply that someone deserved to die in the line of duty, it really starts to feel like the ASU brass are taking lessons from producers of American Idol or The Voice.  Everybody's gotta have a sob story and this is the one ASU has been whoring out for decades.  If they really think that they are the only American university to have had a player tragically killed, or even to have served in the military, they are delusional.  Support the troops, sure, but please stop acting like Arizona State has a monopoly on the dead soldier thing.  If ASU feels THIS badly about one guy getting killed, they should really go talk to some folks at West Point or Annapolis. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Uniformity: ASU Week 7 @ Colorado (via @sundevilcole7 and @ASU_Uniformity)

ASU going with the "stormtrooper" look. First time with white facemask on white helmet. New white numbers with maroon outline on other side of helmet. The chrome/metallic decals are also new.

(I get that they're trying to match the pitchfork on the helmet, but I don't understand why you'd do that. Unless you're 10 feet from the payer, you're probably not going see the number very well. I think they need a maroon pitchfork/numbers and gold outlines, like the rest of the uniform).

Anyway, not my favorite. Will definitely contrast though with the beautiful gold/black/gold combo that Colorado is going with this weekend.

12131025_G.jpg12131026_G.jpg12131031_G.jpg

15 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

What's so hard about making the trident match the numbers? Or the gloves? It always looks incomplete with just the outline.

Just because you have the option to use outlines instead of color fill doesn't mean you need to. At least it's not those horrible grey uniforms. And since we call all white "Stromtrooper" are we going to start calling an all black uniform "Deathtrooper"? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

I interpret this as the ghost of Pat Tillman haunting ASU for their stupid, stupid uniform choices.

Also, ASU needs to stop shaking the corpse for loose change.  It was pretty well documented that Tillman was a bit of a jerk and while I'd never imply that someone deserved to die in the line of duty, it really starts to feel like the ASU brass are taking lessons from producers of American Idol or The Voice.  Everybody's gotta have a sob story and this is the one ASU has been whoring out for decades.  If they really think that they are the only American university to have had a player tragically killed, or even to have served in the military, they are delusional.  Support the troops, sure, but please stop acting like Arizona State has a monopoly on the dead soldier thing.  If ASU feels THIS badly about one guy getting killed, they should really go talk to some folks at West Point or Annapolis. 

Or maybe, play them? That's why Notre Dame plays the service academies. During World War II, the Navy needed schools to train the giant influx of officers and NAvy accepted them in. It kept the school from going bankrupt as well. Also during this time Notre Dame and Army had a pretty decent rivalry going so that has continued to this day, though Army is not an annual rival like Navy has been. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Tillman graduated 18 years ago and passed away 12 years ago.. It's literally impossible for them to have been doing it for "decades", since it hasn't even been 2 yet..

4 hours ago, pianoknight said:

Ok ok, the Pat Tillman thing is overplayed.  But...how many football players are known for going to the NFL, leaving the NFL and joining the military, then going to war and being killed?  And then how many of them are from non-military schools?  I'm pretty sure that's quite a limited list.

The whole "jerk" label doesn't mean much, as it's pretty subjective and people's expectations of how someone should act vary.  

BTW, the uniform Tillman is wearing in that photo ^^^, IMO, is worlds better than the uniform the other players are wearing. The white accents really add to it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, elliott said:

Some of these particular images might not be totally true to the color-- this game was played in a heavy rain storm. The soaking wet fabric gives the bottom two images the illusion that it is a shade of brown-- in the very top image, the helmet and pants look more like the actual shade of maroon.

That's awesome. Now I want to use a maroon fabric and add brown to it and we can get a nice looking seal brown color.

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Gotta be honest, I wish Fresno State would go back to this look. Drop shadow numbers and all. I loved it. Simple yet effective.

By_JUSTIN_KASE_CONDER_01_LARGE.jpg

I always liked this one the best: 

237464.0.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived