College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

So according to one of the Ducks' players, the uniforms shown so far are just the tip of the iceberg for what they'll be wearing.

4691001.png

Way down in Eugene's land,
Tell old Pharaoh,
Let the secrets out

Couldn't resist lol

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

8 hours ago, nevadawolverine said:

Nevada's new helmet

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those are two heavily photoshopped images.  Is there any official confirmation on this?  Like a photo of the real helmet?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, nevadawolverine said:

Nevada's new helmet

image.jpeg

The placement of the decal and the holes in the helmet make it look like the wolf is eating a hockey stick.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

20 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Anyway (shameless plug alert), this is what my ideal look for Houston would be:

ycXVqhe.png

LiPLvhD.png

HfBAVR5.png

tdqe3m0.png

A sedated Boise State?  pass.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On 7/22/2016 at 8:19 AM, coogrfan said:

I wish there was some sort of NCAA rule banning teams from wearing pseudo-military garb when facing unless they are a service academy.

Slight tweak.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On 7/22/2016 at 7:33 PM, guest23 said:

There's no work being done here. This is a totally half-assed copycat uniform. Anybody could order this 2 color uniform out of a catalog...and the stripeless helmet is totally out of place here. To give nike any credit here is also likely misplaced as the coaching/equipment staff likely did all the work. This is a mid major after all. When tcu and boise made the bcs at least they got some design resources allocated to create a unique look. 

There's a lot of truth in this, but from the standpoint of a UH fan I'm pretty damn happy about these uni's. Nike kept the stuff the that works (number font, large Houston wordmark) while fixing the stuff that didn't (contrasting shoulder caps, stupid pants stripes, blank collar).

Not the biggest fan of the modern uniform culture Oregon pretty much pioneered. With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing them use the Puddles logo as a helmet decal. Preferably on a green and yellow uni combo.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

20 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Sure, except for the fact that they look nothing at all like Boise's uniforms. Actually, I was inspired by this set:

ufjFtec.jpg

CqUJQj2.jpg

On my iPhone, your concept looks very orange whereas these photos above are definitely red. Probably why he said it looks like Boise.

4 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Despite the biggest re-brand in the school's history, apparently this is the best North Dakota can do in terms of announcing some new alternate football jerseys...

image.jpeg.638f57e130543bffaf94465bb2fa1

They look depressed. I would be too.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, burgundy said:

They look depressed. I would be too.

You'd think they'd be happy since it's not 12 degrees outside.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

On my iPhone, your concept looks very orange whereas these photos above are definitely red. Probably why he said it looks like Boise.

Bingo.  The unis looked orange and blue.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived