ninersdd

2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

3 minutes ago, DDR said:

Well, it was a "lucky" or "fluke" goal but I didn't see any Hawks fans saying the Blues got lucky. Maybe you did. All I saw was lots of people saying "you haven't won anything yet."

I've actually heard more Blues fans saying they got lucky. I mean, I don't disagree... This game just rubbed me the wrong was is all, venting my frustration on a message board is the most healthy option at the moment. :lol:

An EN-GWG goal. 

1 minute ago, Alex Houston said:

I said it in a Blues gameday thread earlier, they're playing Chicago the wrong way. You can't beat them down from a physical angle. They're too good and have too much finesse to fall into that trap. Unless the Blues can sneak one out of the UC - and it isn't going to happen Sunday, I can tell you that - then this series is as good as dead. Another talented Blues team who let's emotion take their attention. 

Anyways, Andrew Shaw has a punchable face and sorry Andy, Foley blows. His cadence makes me envious of Helen Keller.

Dorothy Mantooth Pat Foley is a saint!

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

I find the local play by play guy for Chicago that's currently being broadcast on NBCSN as impossibly annoying. Worse than Joe Beninati IMO. 

MY SHOULDER HURTS

A lot of accusations have begun towards the refs of handing the Blackhawks the game.

1 minute ago, habsfan1 said:

A lot of accusations have begun towards the refs handing the Blackhawks the game.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I'm sorry you don't enjoy good broadcasting.

Since you're apparently watching it, how do I get the alternate audio feed with Pat Foley circa 1997 on the call?

SENDING MESSAGES

/Can't wait for Hitchcock to keep the shellshocked young goalie in during a decisive game because "teachable moments".

11 minutes ago, rams80 said:

SENDING MESSAGES

/Can't wait for Hitchcock to keep the shellshocked young goalie in during a decisive game because "teachable moments".

Hitchcock is going to Allen after Elliott went 56/58 in the series? What?

20 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Since you're apparently watching it, how do I get the alternate audio feed with Pat Foley circa 1997 on the call?

You wait until 3:33 of any given game, laugh like it's the funniest goddamn thing in the world, then promptly drink yourself to sleep. 

Anyway, fun game.

46 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

A lot of accusations have begun towards the refs of handing the Blackhawks the game.

How, pray tell, did they get an obvious offside call and a clear goal wrong?

His skates were off the ice and the puck was already going in before Shaw, who was pushed into Elliott anyway, made contact with Elliott's pads. GTFO.

24 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Hitchcock is going to Allen after Elliott went 56/58 in the series? What?

Team fell waaaaay short of the 70 hits it needed.

Ducks just can't do anything easy.

Hopefully, they show up on Sunday and the puck isn't as weird-bouncy as tonight.

But hey, who knew a team that employs Mike Ribeiro could be full of so many little :censored: s.

----

Back to your regularly scheduled Blues/Hawks game thread

2 hours ago, TheGrimReaper said:

we're going to choke again :(

Dude, we're only one game in. They've got a ways to go yet, I'm sure they'll turn this series around! Think positive!

But given the Ducks track record they probably will choke again.

I thought the Ducks didn't have to deal with that 'choker' label since they've actually been to the Finals twice and have one to show for their efforts.

Also: Beat L.A.

1 hour ago, Alex Houston said:

I thought the Ducks didn't have to deal with that 'choker' label since they've actually been to the Finals twice and have one to show for their efforts.

Also: Beat L.A.

2007 was a long time ago. Different team.

That 2007 team wouldn't have lost three straight Game 7s.

Losing three straight Game 7s does things to you.

Martinez is out tonight, Jamie McBain is in for him.

However, it appears Gaborik will make his return for LA.