NHL 2017-18

Bmac

9 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

So, no alternate jerseys next season and the Oilers will wear the Orange jersey at home full time. Except for that, what do we know so far about next year's uniforms chaning?

A couple teams might be changing, a couple might not be changing, and some other stuff.  I think there was about six pages talking about the Devils.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

You know. I was upset about this at first. But I actually dig those GULF OIL uniforms. In fact wasn't that why they were orange and blue to begin with? I remember reading (I think it was in Scott Surgent's WHA history book), that they were sponsored by Gulf in 1972 so they picked the Gulf colors for their uniform.

992aed00178f6a746ec6eca0b25be856.jpg

Hard to believe a sea creature would be a fan of a oil company  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Valdez_oil_spill

;)

2 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Fake. This is clearly in the U.K. and you live in the Pacific Ocean. 

A cephalopod can't go on vacation every once in a while?

10 hours ago, jujubeans said:

Wild have a 25% sale of their red jerseys going on to clear out stock before switching to green next season "for Valentine's Day"

why does it take so long for nhl store/fanatics to restock? I've been wanting a flex fit or fitted zephyr Leafs hat w/ the new logo. they only have the smallest size. 

Blackhawks Stores have been blowing out the road whites at 40% off for a couple weeks now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wasn't there a report somewhere that all teams would be looking at wearing jerseys of their past for the 100 year anniversary? Also weren't the Leafs going to be doing something like the Habs did and wear a bunch of different jerseys from their past? The only new Leafs jersey was the outdoor one.

44 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Wasn't there a report somewhere that all teams would be looking at wearing jerseys of their past for the 100 year anniversary? Also weren't the Leafs going to be doing something like the Habs did and wear a bunch of different jerseys from their past? The only new Leafs jersey was the outdoor one.

I think you're right, but it's sounding like Adidas is incompetent. :)

17 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

I think the throwbacks are coming next season, on top of the St. Pats throwback coming out next month. With their 100th anniversary and that Reebok Edge Arenas jersey that was first thought to be their Centennial Classic jersey, I'd be shocked if we didn't at least see an Arenas throwback next season. Speaking of the Centennial Classic jersey, is Toronto going to wear it again this season? I think it would suck if they didn't. I really liked that jersey.

19 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Wasn't there a report somewhere that all teams would be looking at wearing jerseys of their past for the 100 year anniversary?

I vaguely recall something like this for the '67 expansion club in celebration of their 50th anniversaries. But then most of them have already, with the Blues and Kings having one game throwbacks, and the Pens and Flyers having them as full time uniforms to begin with. The only team that hasn't is the Stars; I think something about them wearing North Stars jerseys was brought up a while back, but they've yet to make any indication of any plans to do so, or any acknowledgement of the franchise's 50th anniversary.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

i think the stars are doing everything they possibly can to just forget this season ever happened. there was talk of them wearing Dallas Texans throwbacks too, and they even started selling them in the pro shop... but no one has said anything since then... and from a hockey operations standpoint, we seem to be asleep at the wheel as well.

Jim Nill's still nursing his Offseason Championship hangover.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, ColeJ said:

i think the stars are doing everything they possibly can to just forget this season ever happened. there was talk of them wearing Dallas Texans throwbacks too, and they even started selling them in the pro shop... but no one has said anything since then... and from a hockey operations standpoint, we seem to be asleep at the wheel as well.

Do you have pics of these Texans throwbacks?

3 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

Do you have pics of these Texans throwbacks?

Unfortunately, no. I haven't been able to make a game this year, but I've been told by friends they sell them.

Archived