NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

Has anyone seen this? Saw it on shop.nhl.com. Possibly a jersey stripe indicator?

image.jpeg

Possibly. Do the other teams have jersey stripes on the website ot all they all generic? 

And what are the Dallas Texans? Never seen or heard of that...

6 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

Has anyone seen this? Saw it on shop.nhl.com. Possibly a jersey stripe indicator?

image.jpeg

I wouldn't mind a home jersey like this patterned after the original Mighty Ducks dark jersey. They could do a lot worse.

7 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

image.jpeg

There's supposed to be some red in the stripes, unless they made changes to their original plans.

But if that's what they're going with, will it be 04 Flames jerseys in Vegas colors or something similar?

8 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

And what are the Dallas Texans? Never seen or heard of that...

The Dallas Texans were the first professional hockey team in Dallas, back in the 1940's. Here is a small excerpt about them:

Professional hockey in Dallas dates back to 1941, when the Dallas Texans joined the minor-league American Hockey Association. The debut occurred at Fair Park Ice Arena on November 6, 1941, when the Texans played against the St. Paul Saints in front of a crowd of more than 4,000 spectators. However, World War II caused the cancellation of league play until the 1945-46 season, when the Texans resumed play as members of the United States Hockey League. Due to travel costs, however, the Texans (along with teams in Fort Worth and Houston) dropped out of the USHL following the 1948-49 season.

dallastexashockey.jpgDallas-Texans.jpgprogram_img.php?if=dallas_texans-1948-us

The Stars acquired trademarks for this long-defunct franchise during the summer, with plans to use them in celebration of Dallas's professional hockey history.

Chris's article about the trademark acquisition can be found here: http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/06/22/dallas-stars-planning-1940s-texans-throwback/

The Dallas Stars have been using hashtag "#TexasOnIce" to detail some of this hockey history via Twitter.

While the Dallas Stars don't have any actual connection to the Texans, other than sharing a home city, and the Texans weren't exactly an illustrious franchise that is ingrained into the memories of the local sports scene, it's pretty cool to see the Stars highlighting their existence now that hockey in Texas is no longer a novelty (to most).

I found this entry especially interesting. Mentioning a newspaper article of the first ever mention of shinny being played in Dallas, all the way back in January of 1886! In the Oak Lawn neighborhood of all places. Pretty cool.

texans.jpg

18 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

image.jpeg

11 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

There's supposed to be some red in the stripes, unless they made changes to their original plans.

But if that's what they're going with, will it be 04 Flames jerseys in Vegas colors or something similar?

This probably won't be it, but here's how it would look...

Vegas%20Golden%20Knights%20Concept_zps0t

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

3 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

This probably won't be it, but here's how it would look...

Vegas%20Golden%20Knights%20Concept_zps0t

Nice! I still see that graphite as sort of a dark green, but it's different....i think there's supposed to be red in the striping, too, right? I believe Foley said McPhee came up with the idea...

ALSO, Foley said the helmets were supposed to be "different." I took that to mean outside the box. My guess: They end up going with gold lids (perhaps like the college teams use -- thinking of Notre Dame, etc.)

I'm not completely sold on black helmets. They are the GOLDEN knights after all... 

Again, this is just my guess, based on what I've read. 

18 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

Nice! I still see that graphite as sort of a dark green, but it's different....i think there's supposed to be red in the striping, too, right? I believe Foley said McPhee came up with the idea...

ALSO, Foley said the helmets were supposed to be "different." I took that to mean outside the box. My guess: They end up going with gold lids (perhaps like the college teams use -- thinking of Notre Dame, etc.)

I'm not completely sold on black helmets. They are the GOLDEN knights after all... 

Again, this is just my guess, based on what I've read. 

The rumor was that Adidas was experimenting with a jersey design that looked like chain mail/armor. Hopefully Foley didn't mean that the helmets would look like knight helmets or something ridiculous

4 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

For the second straight Saturday, the Flyers are wearing their anniversary white uniforms in a game against a California team. Regardless of whether that's scheduled or not (pretty sure the Flyers are wearing them for about every Saturday home game), it's a total dick move given their opponent(s). 

They actually debuted them at home against the Ducks (appropriately as the Ducks already wear the exact same color scheme as the 50th anniversary jersey).  So that means they wore it against all three California teams.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The Dallas Stars made a few big announcements today, including the unveiling of a 25th Anniversary logo to be worn on the sweaters next season.

cut.jpg

Also included in the announcement was that the Stars will retire Jere Lehtinen's #26 next year (about time... just need Zubov's 56 up there now too), but no mention whatsoever about the possibility of a throwback jersey. I blame Adidas, to be honest. The Stars are still one of the few organizations in sports to have NEVER worn a throwback in an actual game, dating back 50 years. I just knew that the franchise's 50th anniversary, or the 25th anniversary of moving to Dallas would rectify that, but apparently not.

Also, if this screen grab of the announcement video is any indication, the 25th logo is going to be one of those shiny chromaflex sort of patches, which is pretty cool considering it is the "silver anniversary". Who knows if that is accurate though, since obviously it is shown on a Reebok jersey and not an Adidas one in the video.

25th.png

Oh that's cool.  The patch looks 1000x better than the logo with its stupid bevels.

If this patch holds up - meaning there's no durability issues - I wonder if we could see main crests out of that material.  Some would look great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

For the second straight Saturday, the Flyers are wearing their anniversary white uniforms in a game against a California team. Regardless of whether that's scheduled or not (pretty sure the Flyers are wearing them for about every Saturday home game), it's a total dick move given their opponent(s). 

The Kings decided that it was easiest to just bring 1 set, so they wore their home set. Washington, Tampa, and Florida agreed to wear white at home.

10 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

No it's not. It's not like it's a last minute thing. This was decided long ago, and the teams they are playing have known about it and are prepared for it. Stop making more out of this than it is. You seem to be the only person who has a problem with this.The league, the teams, and everyone else is fine with it.

10 hours ago, oddball said:

No it's not. It's not like it's a last minute thing. This was decided long ago, and the teams they are playing have known about it and are prepared for it. Stop making more out of this than it is. You seem to be the only person who has a problem with this.The league, the teams, and everyone else is fine with it.

This is literally the first time I have commented on it.

spacer.png

Archived