Tennessee Titans Concept Emporium

fouhy12

4 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Shameless self-plug:

titans-final.png

Looks very odd to have the red strip on the blue but not on white. Gives it a very unbalanced feel to me. I think the middle stripe should always be dark blue with the outer stripes always being red. Makes mixing and matching more of a fluid look. Otherwise, very nice. 

On 1/4/2017 at 9:50 AM, Bucfan56 said:

More red, less shoulder yoke, please. 

More light blue, more red, new number font calling the 1960s Oilers to mind. In other words, look more like the Oilers. I prefer that they'd go back, but that's not happening. The next best thing is the Titans adopting a more Oilers-esque aesthetic.

As for the flaming thumbtack, I like it, though I think just using the shield in that logo would work with an Oilers homage look. Something along the lines of ColeJ's concept from a few years back works too (though it'd be wonderful if more red could be utilized):

PANEL_zpsf8b1d7be.png

That said, light blue helmets could bring a nice twist to the Titans' identity if done right. And, unpopular opionion, I like the shoulder yokes and wish they could better be implemented/streamlined (made thinner, more uniform).

EDIT: (I figured I'd shoot @ColeJ a mention as well)

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Another shameless self-plug (Did this in September but haven't gotten around to sharing it):

TitansBranding.pngTitans2016.png

I prefer the current primary logo to this tweaked one, but other than that...I'm totally sold. This is a very solid look.

I'd either want something like this, or a tweaked  version of the currents. Anything trendy, I fear, has the potential to freefall into Jags or Bucs territory.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Another shameless self-plug (Did this in September but haven't gotten around to sharing it):

TitansBranding.png

Like that new secondary mark a lot. Would be a good primary. Maybe add a light blue outline to the circle or use the light blue instead of the grey for the shading on the T.

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Here's what I'd love to see:

Helmets - Light blue helmets, no stripes, T sword logo on the sides, navy blue facemask. It'll be a quasi homage to the Oilers light blue helmets and it'll be a unique helmet color in the league and one less white helmet. Also, the helmet spikes should die a fiery death.

Uniforms - new font, light blue, no yokes, some stripes on the sleeves. 

pants - white pants at home, light blue on the road. Keep the stripes the same. I'd say don't mix and match them with the jerseys, but that ship has sailed in this league. 

socks - navy blue socks. 

Is this the shameless plug department?  Because I think I might have done just what you were asking for last year...

titfinal_zps60lxu033.png

5 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Is this the shameless plug department?  Because I think I might have done just what you were asking for last year...

titfinal_zps60lxu033.png

I'd contain red to just the logos, maybe a single stripe on the sleeves, but other than that keep colors to blue and blue with the T on the helmets and the thumbtack on the sleeves. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

OK, since we are already posting concepts, here is one I did a while back.  Huge drop in the amount of red and beveled numbers.  I still like this look, though the flying thumbtack is still a bit of a problem. 

TitansHome_zpsdecb7fe1.png

TitansAway_zps0a4e30ed.png

4 hours ago, C-Squared said:

I am in the minority on this, but I don't like the sword logo as a primary. It simply doesn't fit well on a helmet.

I don't get it.  It would look as good as most other team's helmets, and certainly better than the flaming thumbtack thing.  That thing is an asymmetrical mess.

titans.jpg

24 minutes ago, WideRight said:

OK, since we are already posting concepts, here is one I did a while back.  Huge drop in the amount of red and beveled numbers.  I still like this look, though the flying thumbtack is still a bit of a problem. 

TitansHome_zpsdecb7fe1.png

TitansAway_zps0a4e30ed.png

I think the numbers are over-designed (at a minimum, lose the inner outline), but you're definitely on the right track.  The blue/blue looks great, and matching the helmet stripe to the white pants is a must.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

TitansBranding.pngTitans2016.png

love...LOVE....LOVE the striping coming down into a sword-esque point. 

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

This might not be constructive, but all these concepts posted drive my point home. Most are clumsy Oiler/Titan mutants that ruin the delicate navy-primary/light-blue-secondary/red -tertiary balance of the current set. Flipping the blues is one thing, but in either case, red was meant to be used extremely sparingly to break up the sea of blues - overuse sinks the whole ship.

There are elements in a few concepts that are interesting, including the Greek pattern in the pants stripe and the beveled numbers (realistic Nike elements, though subtly is key, if a pipedream). I will hop off the soapbox and put an image to my words this week, but I envision something similar to the current set, only simpler, cleaner, and slightly Nike-fied. Less striping on the numbers. Simplified TV numbers. Consistency between the unorthodox helmet stripe, shoulder yokes, and oddly 80s megathick pants stripe. Socks that better match the jersey. Maybe even a simpler secondary logo on the sleeve.

I apologize for how important this is to me.

4 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

I don't get it.  It would look as good as most other team's helmets, and certainly better than the flaming thumbtack thing.  That thing is an asymmetrical mess.

titans.jpg

This helmet with the Auburn uniforms substituting red in place of orange would be a win.

9 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

More light blue, more red, new number font calling the 1960s Oilers to mind. In other words, look more like the Oilers. I prefer that they'd go back, but that's not happening. The next best thing is the Titans adopting a more Oilers-esque aesthetic.

As for the flaming thumbtack, I like it, though I think just using the shield in that logo would work with an Oilers homage look. Something along the lines of ColeJ's concept from a few years back works too (though it'd be wonderful if more red could be utilized):

PANEL_zpsf8b1d7be.png

That said, light blue helmets could bring a nice twist to the Titans' identity if done right. And, unpopular opionion, I like the shoulder yokes and wish they could better be implemented/streamlined (made thinner, more uniform).

Not sure I like the helmet on these, but I absolutely love the jerseys and pants.

Archived