kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/17/2019 at 11:50 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Feasible, but at least for the numbers, the film would have to be a big square or rectangle to be accommodate any number.  I wonder how something like that would charge... and if worn in a game and its power goes out, would the player just have no number?

It'd be like straight up pro wrestling - Joel Embiid fouls out, so he just switches his number and NOB to TJ Mcconnell (a little white guy) and re-enters the game.  What's the ref going to do about it?  Make him provide a DNA sample?

There already is something like that as far as LED t-shirts.  https://www.amazon.ca/Activated-Shirts-Equalizer-Animation-Clothes/dp/B073QJ3JSK  I would assume these future jerseys are much more advance in technology, but I would guess they would be powered the same way by just using batteries.

4 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Some interesting logos in New Era's latest cap collection.

Most are just partial team logos slapped together with a letter, but I'm a fan of Portland's (and there are a few others I could get on board with in a secondary capacity, as well):

?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjQxNDc2fGltYWd

This Portland one is really the only good one out of the bunch IMO.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

51 minutes ago, M4One said:

There already is something like that as far as LED t-shirts.  https://www.amazon.ca/Activated-Shirts-Equalizer-Animation-Clothes/dp/B073QJ3JSK  I would assume these future jerseys are much more advance in technology, but I would guess they would be powered the same way by just using batteries.

Haha the ESL on that page is mostly pretty good, but also amusing:

• 100% Cotton
  • Dry Clean or Hand Wash Only
  • 【How Does It Works】: The LED (EL) sound activated light up T shirt animation lighting is controlled by built-in sensor, when music comes, LED panel lighting beats up and down
  • 【Halloween Costumes for Men&Women】: The funny shirts lighting up by music or talking, attracting eyeball everywhere, good for party, disco, hiphop, concert, fancy dress ball, performance, gathering, cosplay dress, halloween even walking on the street
  • 【Material And US Standard Size】: The LED clothes is 100% Cotton matching with cool silk screen printing pattern, breathable, no shrinking, no allergy VS to polyester cloth; US standard size, better fit for western bigger people
  • 【Small And Light Weight Built in Power Pack】: Powered by AAA*2 batteries(not included),with belt clip can be positioned either inside pocket or clip on belt, adjustable sound activate sensor slide button on side edge, 4~6 hours battery life time
  • 【Built-in Cloth Tube for Better Skin Protection】: Cable is wrapped by the built-in cloth tube, preventing the cable touch your skin, more comfortable to dress on the LED light up T shirt

I'm calling BS on "100% cotton" considering there's batteries and connection cables (or... contection cables)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Most are just partial team logos slapped together with a letter, but I'm a fan of Portland's (and there are a few others I could get on board with in a secondary capacity, as well):

?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjQxNDc2fGltYWd

This should be an official logo. The Houston one is  good too. The Raptors one being a T-Dot is pretty clever

07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 2/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, AndrewMLind said:

?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8Mjc2NTk3fGltYWd

This should be a secondary logo for Iowa Basketball

2 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Why has that pinwheel P never happened til now?

Well it's not an official alternate logo. Just a fashion hat. But, I do like it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Anybody else hate the T Wolves unis? I kinda liked them at first, but they’re so damn bland and I hate the stripe across the front.

The prince ones and the grey cities from last year are their only good jerseys they’ve had since the rebrand. They’re so bad. Removing the stripe off the front would help a lot (do this for the Wizards icon jerseys too).

On 2/18/2019 at 3:08 PM, AndrewMLind said:

We collectively as a society need to come to an agreement on city name vs. team name letters as the monograms.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, Froob said:

Anybody else hate the T Wolves unis? I kinda liked them at first, but they’re so damn bland and I hate the stripe across the front.

The prince ones and the grey cities from last year are their only good jerseys they’ve had since the rebrand. They’re so bad. Removing the stripe off the front would help a lot (do this for the Wizards icon jerseys too).

I'm not a fan of any of their jerseys, including the Prince jerseys. 

kimball banner.png

3 hours ago, Froob said:

I kinda feel that way too. I still like the logo but the uniforms seem like any high school team could use it as a template and nobody would know. 

Always thought the Timberwolves’ current set looks like the Wizards with the Mavericks’ colors. The only redeeming quality is the neon green alternate. The team would be best served returning to the Kevin Garnett-era uniforms they currently wear as “Classic Edition” throwbacks (or go back to that general idea — trees on the collar and arm trim — with a cleaned up wordmark/number font).

As Minnesota's new brand rolled out and even thinking about what we knew about it beforehand, it seemed positive and felt like a fresh, modern look that also called back to the local culture. But it just doesn't quite work. There are good ideas that are just poorly executed; this seems more like an idea that seemed good but then you get it down on the page and say "hmm, nevermind, this isn't it" and move on. Still, something was necessary to move on from the old one, at least.

The Prince jerseys are gimmicky desperate garbage for simpletons that are dicey on principle.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived