NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

It's weird how the Jaguars want to promote teal but don't want to make it the main home jersey. I really don't know what the deal is.

Its the owner. Shahid Khan prefers black. 

They should be a teal team. though if they did black over teal, it would be not be as bad and be a good compromise between Khan preference for black and the fans love of teal. Though if someone can Madden the current jerseys with the original pants and see how'll that look.

12 hours ago, bowld said:

Why are so many people hating on the Jags new look? 

I have never heard a single complaint about the Raiders, Penn state, ect being plain and these actually have more detail than any of those 

Tradition. The Raiders have some 50+ years behind their look. Penn State even more. The Jaguars never really had a traditional look, but I would argue that their most identifiable look (Fred Taylor era) utilized all three of their colors appropriately.

• Teal primary.

• Black secondary.

• Gold tertiary accents. 

…and I agree with others; their current uniforms feel incomplete. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

7 hours ago, bowld said:

I have never heard a single complaint about the Raiders, Penn state, ect being plain and these actually have more detail than any of those 

Because the jaguars aren’t the raiders or penn state. The raiders have been know for there uniforms for decades. This uniform for the Jaguars is good in this instance but any other color combination will look incomplete due to losing atleast 1 primary color of theirs. They could have honestly just put the current helmets on the old uniform and they would have been set for a very long time. The stripping down of the uniform did nothing but strip away at the identity as well. 

8 hours ago, bowld said:

For one thing, those teams have never had a better look than their current one. The Jaguars have. Their current look borders on O6 dress up. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, bowld said:

Penn State: Established - 1887

Raiders: Established - 1960

Jaguars: Established - 1995

I may be getting old and my peepers are starting to fail me...but do the Jags' jersey numbers have a border or not? Sometimes it looks like there's a thin black border, other teams I can't tell and start questioning my sanity.

The helmet definitely looks better, but I also think they need some kind of pants stripe to avoid the practice uniform look.

18 minutes ago, Bluefalcon said:

I may be getting old and my peepers are starting to fail me...but do the Jags' jersey numbers have a border or not? Sometimes it looks like there's a thin black border, other teams I can't tell and start questioning my sanity.

There’s a thin stroke around the numbers that matches the base color of each jersey. So on the teal jersey, there’s a teal outline. On the black jersey, there’s a black outline. And on the white jersey, there’s a white outline.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, bowld said:

Penn State is blue and white. The Raiders are silver and black and both are used together effectively. The Jags have three bold colors yet there's so little mingling between them on the uniforms.

9 hours ago, bowld said:

The Raiders have a pant stripe, number outlines (on the aways at least), and a helmet stripe. So the Raiders have more detail than the Jags.

Penn State is college, and they pride themselves on minimal details. So we accept it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, bowld said:

Because those teams have one or two colors (excluding white). 

2 hours ago, Olmec said:

Penn State: Established - 1887

Raiders: Established - 1960

Jaguars: Established - 1995

Never liked this whole “tradition” argument. It basically implies that “yeah, teams like Bama and Penn State do look boring and surely could be wearing something far better and more interesting, BUT we turn a blind eye to that because that’s just what they choose to wear out of ‘tradition.’” No. They look good. They call it “timeless” for a reason.

God, I hope the Jags win a Super Bowl or two soon so that no team will want to be like the Bucs or Titans again (and for personal reasons, of course).

26 minutes ago, Gupti said:

Never liked this whole “tradition” argument. It basically implies that “yeah, teams like Bama and Penn State look boring and surely could be wearing something far better and more interesting, BUT we turn a blind eye to that because that’s just what they choose to wear out of ‘tradition.’” No. They look good. They call it “timeless” for a reason.

God, I hope the Jags win a Super Bowl or two soon so that no team will want to be like the Bucs or Titans again (and for personal reasons, of course).

this is basically how i feel as well. the long standing uniforms of the Raiders or PSU are able to be long standing classic because they’ve never looked dated or out of style, they’ve never had numbers that were hard to read (maybe Oaklands silver on white) so everything works well even as uniform and helmet design evolves. 

the Jaguars are not trying to steal history or place themselves into an era they dont belong, their uniforms are built on the same design principles as those others. when you have such a unique color as their teal, you dont need much more, so they can take a very simple approach to their design. and theres a “work clothes” look to them that makes you think they might have more in common with Oakland and NY Giants than the Seahawks or Titans. thats also the connotations they’d like to receive. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

OK, if you don't like the new Jags look, that's fine.  Personally, if you flip the teal to primary and add a simple pants stripe, I might call it one of the best in the league. To each his/her own I guess.

But, PLEASE, can we put to bed the lazy and repetitive "practice jersey" comment?  Show at least a modicum of creativity in your critique.

If you ask me, calling it a practice jersey is the practice jersey of arguments.

49 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

OK, if you don't like the new Jags look, that's fine.  Personally, if you flip the teal to primary and add a simple pants stripe, I might call it one of the best in the league. To each his/her own I guess.

But, PLEASE, can we put to bed the lazy and repetitive "practice jersey" comment?  Show at least a modicum of creativity in your critique.

If you ask me, calling it a practice jersey is the practice jersey of arguments.

If something looks like a practice jersey then it's fine to say it looks like a practice jersey. Those Jaguars uniforms look like practice jerseys.

Archived