XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

This is a good-looking league overall. St. Louis sets the standard, as Atlanta did in the AAF.

We should remember that the XFL had some excellent looks last time around, as well, particularly in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and New York. Those are looks that could stand up next to the current league's best in St. Louis, Washington, and New York. 

Of course, the original league also had some awful uniforms; thankfully, the current league's worst uniforns (Dallas, Houston) don't come near the sartorial depths plumbed by Orlando and Memphis in the original XFL. 

But what is unfortunate is that the XFL will help to normalise further the scourge of monochrome, which will never not look wrong. Imagine how much better D.C. would look with white pants worn with the red jersey, or the Guardians with grey pants worn with the black jersey.

So it's nice to see a game in which both teams are wearing uniforms with contrasting-coloured pants. St. Louis continues to shine as the class of the league; and the awkwardness of Houston's set is significantly mitigated by the grey pants.

Another thing about Houston: their numbers are hard to read. The numbers should be reversed — white with a blue outline, rather than blue with a white outline.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Considering Defenders players have worn red base layer pants to mimic red socks, they can pull of the white/white/red to avoid the monochrome look.

As far as the best uniforms?

New York

DC

St. Louis

Seattle

Houston

Dallas

LA

Tampa Bay

Also, I love that the Roughnecks are doing what the Texans need to do: own the red.

Was it here that someone suggested that maybe the LA team was going to be the Wildfires and maybe that's how/why they're now the Wildcats. Purely speculation. But their logos and design and colors fit perfectly for that name. I don't think black, orange and red for Wildcats. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

Hmm...I didn't see this posted in the last 2 weeks so wanted to share the new Defenders and Dragons secondaries.

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

Where did you find those? I've been trying to contact the XFL for logo sheets or anything with the primary and secondary logos, but no luck. I really want to know the exact colors they are using and what all the secondary logos are. 

On 2/13/2020 at 9:49 AM, ScubaSteve said:

I have a theory about the LA Wildcats. Why is their look so "fiery" and why is their name so bland (especially for a city like LA)? My thought is, early on in their design they were called the Wildfires, until they realized the sensitivities a little late and made an easy fix. 

Complete speculation though

Wow thats something I hadnt thought of, but makes a ton of sense.