2018 NBA Post Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last shot Minnesota took would have been a two. They were down three with almost no time left. Minnesota also rebounded a free throw and thought Houston was supposed to get another one and tried to hand the ball to the ref. With intelligent play like this, we should just expand the NBA by about 300 franchises and have a single-elimination, 64-team playoff. 

4 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Don’t know why people are surprised about The Cavs. 

They’ve been thoroughly mediocre all season. 

Because LeBron has been on teams that have looked mediocre before during the regular season only to have them show up in the playoffs, so i assume most people just thought that would happen. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

32 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Because LeBron has been on teams that have looked mediocre before during the regular season only to have them show up in the playoffs, so i assume most people just thought that would happen. 

None of those teams have been anywhere near as bad as this team. They’re a 4 seed team for a reason. They’re lucky they even won their division. 

Even if they “show up” they aren’t beating vastly superior teams like the Raptors or hell, even the 76ers. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

19 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

None of those teams have been anywhere near as bad as this team. They’re a 4 seed team for a reason. They’re lucky they even won their division. 

That first Cavs team he dragged through the playoffs was one of the worst Finals teams of all time.

5 hours ago, The Six said:

That first Cavs team he dragged through the playoffs was one of the worst Finals teams of all time.

I'd argue this team is even worse. 

No defense, no depth, basically being carried by Lebron. 

This Cavs team would far and away be the worst team to ever make the Finals. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

37 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I'd argue this team is even worse. 

No defense, no depth, basically being carried by Lebron. 

This Cavs team would far and away be the worst team to ever make the Finals. 

Their best non-LeBron players were Larry Hughes, Verajao, and Drew Gooden. The NBA was worse back then but there’s no way this team is worse that that. 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

7 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Even if they “show up” they aren’t beating vastly superior teams like the Raptors or hell, even the 76ers. 

Even the 76ers?  I'll have you know that they're interviewing local school kids on the news this morning and they're all saying that the Sixers are #1 and going to win the championship (despite not knowing most of the other teams they're up against) so I think that's a pretty good indicator of the team's strength.  Based on the analysis provided by the kids, I'm not seeing any way that the process doesn't complete this year and result in another parade in Philadelphia.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I watched every game of the 2007 Cavs because I was in college with like a million kids from Cleveland. That is the worst team to make it to the finals since 1980 and it's not close. This current Cavs team would beat them by 30. 

That it's used as an argument against Lebron's greatness is absurd. He won 12 playoff games with a team that would've had the best lottery odds without him. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I watched every game of the 2007 Cavs because I was in college with like a million kids from Cleveland. That is the worst team to make it to the finals since 1980 and it's not close. This current Cavs team would beat them by 30. 

That it's used as an argument against Lebron's greatness is absurd. He won 12 playoff games with a team that would've had the best lottery odds without him. 

Sasha Pavlovic played 37 minutes in game 1 of the NBA Finals. Daniel Gibson played 28.

That team was awful compared to this Cavs crew.

6fQjS3M.png

31 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

"Counting rings" is flawed, anyway.  There are a lot of circumstances beyond the degree of one NBA star's (or one quarterback's) greatness that can shift the ring count.  It is, after all, a team game.

But even more flawed is "counting record in the NBA Finals (or, for QBs, Super Bowl).  LeBron is 3-5.  But I'd certainly argue that that is much better than 3-0.  But if the 2007 team had just lost early like it probably should have, the case against LeBron would somehow be weaker?  Him bringing that that team to the finals is probably the most impressive thing he's ever done in the postseason.  

Now, it is fair game to criticize his performance in that first finals with Miami.  After all, we're not debating whether he's a Hall-of-Famer, but where to put him among the top handful of players ever.  People like Jordan and Kobe never laid an egg in the finals and he did.    But talking about how many finals losses someone had, as if early-round exits are better?  Think harder.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Saying this Cavs team is the worst LeBron has ever played on and has no depth is so ludicrous! I have followed the Cavs ever since LeBron was drafted. First of all, for the larger part of this season it was a whole different team that lost the biggest bunch of games. This renewed squad won 11 of their last 14 games, IIRC. Secondly, none of the LeBron-led Cavs teams ever had such young scorers as Jordan Clarkson and Rodney Hood who create their own shot not named Kyrie. None of the teams had such a solid and excellent all-around veteran player as Jeff Green in their prime. None of the teams have had two competent point guards with lots of playoff experience in George Hill and Jose Calderon. There is also a recent All-Star Kyle Korver who has been playing really well. Tristan Thompson was the starting big on the previous teams, now he's rightfully riding the bench barely sniffing the court.

This is the best and the deepest bunch of players LeBron has ever had around him on a Cavs team.

Stop with that weak nonsense already.

EDIT: I forgot about Mo Williams as a scorer at one point.

2007 NBA was also a different game than today. You had the seven seconds or less Suns taking threes; I'm pretty sure every team in the league takes as many threes now as the revolutionary Suns did then.

Fun game in Philly tonight.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Lord was it good to see Wade pull just one more game like that out of the bag. 

Wish Whiteside would take some notes from him. What a disappearing act he’s been. Hope some team is fool enough to trade for him. 

PJU85JF.png

32 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

Lord was it good to see Wade pull just one more game like that out of the bag. 

Wish Whiteside would take some notes from him. What a disappearing act he’s been. Hope some team is fool enough to trade for him. 

Whiteside complains about there not being room for true centers anymore, but I think it's more there's no room for knuckleheads. He's been terrible this series (and presumably this season, but I don't watch enough Heat basketball to know).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived