2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

6 hours ago, Roars87 said:

A thought I had watching the Saints play. If they are to win the NFCCG next week and advance to the Super Bowl will the Super Bowl LIII patch fit on the jersey underneath the Tom Benson patch? From the naked eye there doesn’t look to be a lot of room under the Tom Benson patch and the top of the numbers.

Drew Brees would have 4 jersey patches which I'm guessing would be a record. He has a captain patch, Walter Payton Man of the Year patch, Tom Benson patch, then potentially a super bowl patch

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, zigbazah said:

I don't think we've seen this matchup since 2005, but what a beautiful Super Bowl it would be:

34fd6kx.jpg

Crazy how the Saints can go from such a great look to one of the worst in the league because of a secondary part of the uniform. Only the Bills could challenge them with the blue pants at home messing with a top five look.

I’m not exactly sure what makes it “unprofessional,” but I actually liked the decision for both teams to wear white pants. The Eagles’ midnight green-white-white provided good visual balance against the Saints’ gold-black-black, while the Chargers’ all-white is superior to white-white-blue (especially because of the blue-socks) and kept a matchup with the Patriots from being too blue heavy.

This thing with the NFL uniforms is really getting on my last nerves.

Let's be honest here. Those white St Louis jerseys just don't look all that good with either the navy pants that they pair with navy socks for the leotard look, and the same thing with those current white pants.

The Rams should petition the NFL to allow them to wear their C-R yellow jerseys in the NFC Championship game instead of those ridiculous white St Louis jerseys that really don't bode well with either pants.  Then the Rams could have the option of pairing those yellow jerseys with the white pants with the navy striping and blue socks and it would look like they were the 1955 or 1956 LA Rams.

The NFL went above and beyond in the 1994 season by allowing the SF 49ers to wear their throwbacks for add'l regular season games, playoffs, and Super Bowl game vs the SD Chargers.

It's bad enough that we have to look at the Saints in those all black leotards.  Why double the torture?

* The white pants have that navy striping along the sides, unlike the 1950's look.

1955_LosAngeles.png

40 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I’m not exactly sure what makes it “unprofessional,” but I actually liked the decision for both teams to wear white pants. The Eagles’ midnight green-white-white provided good visual balance against the Saints’ gold-black-black, while the Chargers’ all-white is superior to white-white-blue (especially because of the blue-socks) and kept a matchup with the Patriots from being too blue heavy.

IDK man, the white pants make it too white heavy for Philly and the black socks just seem so out of place. There is such a greater sense of balance with the green pants. Those are the kinds of things I consider professional. That's just me. 

I’m on the record saying A-B-A is my preferred uniform style, but A-B-B looks great as well (really, as long as two elements match, I think it looks great). I will add all-black, white or gray are exceptions to that, though.

I also think too often in the NFL, we lose sight of the fact that the socks are just as much a part of the uniform as the helmet, jersey and pants (from a design standpoint). I do agree they should have green socks to balance the helmet. Then you’d have A-B-B-A. 

Obviously a moot point if the Saints win this weekend, but the Super Bowl field will look so weird if the Rams play. The endzone presumably will be navy blue and white, while the team wears royal blue and gold. Not to mention the wordmark that they don’t even use on their own field.

I’d like to believe the NFL would use some common sense with the field design, but my hopes are...not high.

Archived