College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

If The Citadel wanted to make a move akin to what LSU does, and what Georgia Tech did before Collins took over, they could start wearing white tops at home, at least occasionally, and mimic the cadet attire shown below. A while helmet, white jersey with light blue shoulder stripes to mimic the epaulets (similar to the old Adidas Mississippi State and/or Manizel-era A&M uniforms), and dark pants (not sure if that is navy or grey) with a black stripe to match the cadets would look pretty good IMHO.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

If The Citadel wanted to make a move akin to what LSU does, and what Georgia Tech did before Collins took over, they could start wearing white tops at home, at least occasionally, and mimic the cadet attire shown below. A while helmet, white jersey with light blue shoulder stripes to mimic the epaulets (similar to the old Adidas Mississippi State and/or Manizel-era A&M uniforms), and dark pants (not sure if that is navy or grey) with a black stripe to match the cadets would look pretty good IMHO.

spacer.png

The pants are grey. I wouldn't go with this as the starting point.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

We all want all of our sports uniforms to say The Citadel. Merchandise and everything else included as well. Its a very sore topic among both fans and alumni. Many folks including myself refuse to buy merchandise if it doesn't have The on it. 

The first thing they should do is utilize "Citadel Blue" much more.

Shouldn't the school's color palette feature "The Citadel Blue" for consistency's sake?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Shouldn't the school's color palette feature "The Citadel Blue" for consistency's sake?  

Nice try, but no. Thats not how the English language works. 

Edit: We've done the whole "Cadet Dress Up" thing in years past. It was actually our previous set. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/kRNR5CeVabojrssp6

• Like 1

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

1 hour ago, andycumbee19 said:

Nice try, but no. Thats not how the English language works. 

Edit: We've done the whole "Cadet Dress Up" thing in years past. It was actually our previous set. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/kRNR5CeVabojrssp6

Welp, I'll admit that I didn't know that and I'm embarrassed since I live in the Charleston area. I think the Jack Douglas/1990's beat the Gamecocks and Razorback era set was pretty great as well, though maybe incorporate a little bit of gray to help further differentiate The Citadel from Chapel Hill.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Valparaiso Basketball Team 

Valparaiso Student Athletes

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Valparaiso Student Athletes

Doesn't that unfairly exclude the non-athletes?  We are all Students!

• Like 4

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Doesn't that unfairly exclude the non-athletes?  We are all Students!

Dammit.  Leave it to a lawyer to bust me on a technicality.

Fine.  Valparaiso Affiliated Individuals.

• Like 12

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Dammit.  Leave it to a lawyer to bust me on a technicality.

It's what I do.

• Like 5

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃