College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

57 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Valparaiso has a Football Team?

FCS affiliated, but non-scholarship, which is why you never hear of them. They're a glorified club team.

As far as a new nickname, I'd like them to choose somethinh that would enable them to keep their current identity package, as I think it's very well done. I would go with Squires. It means the same basic thing as Knights, but much more unique.

On 2/12/2021 at 2:42 PM, Lana_del_Bae said:

I'd personally just go with Knights but I'm assuming they are gonna go with a blank slate here

Valpo was almost bought by the Klan back in the twenties.  Anything that's been appropriated by white nationalists over the last few years is out.

• Like 2
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

20 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Valpo Kernels! Valparaiso is where Orville Redenbacher created his popcorn and the city has a statue of him and a popcorn festival every year

You might be onto something here. Flip it to "Colonels" as a double entendre and you're working with something...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Well, how do you crusade against anything without connoting merciless Christian warfare? Word's got "cross" in it and everything.

Anti-woke crusaders?  I’m not a fan but I bet it could get a plurality of the vote.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I could see something like the Valparaiso Torchlighters. It has a feel of honoring the Christian heritage of the school in a good way, as well as looking to the future. Think like the Torchlighters of the faith, or people blazing the way for numerous things. It also matches the shield that has been used on the Crusaders logo. 

Nicknames could be the Torches or the Lighters lol. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I could see something like the Valparaiso Torchlighters. It has a feel of honoring the Christian heritage of the school in a good way, as well as looking to the future. Think like the Torchlighters of the faith, or people blazing the way for numerous things. It also matches the shield that has been used on the Crusaders logo. 

Nicknames could be the Torches or the Lighters lol. 

Torches might not be the best replacement for a problematic nickname.

yNVByp4.jpg

• Like 5

Beerdrinkers is right there for a Lutheran school.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)