NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

if it wasn't for Color Rush we wouldn't have: teams choosing to wear horrible uniforms as alternates, especially in prime time 

or the stupid white sock trend. 

Damnit Color Rush.

I don't think the introduction of Color Rush would've made it possible. I look at it with the trend that some of the team redesigns were going (Browns, Jags 1st, Tampa) bad alternates would've be saddled with clubs as redesigns continued. Color Rush only pushed the process of that forward more, it was inevitable either way.

No, Color Rush had a huge part of it. Before, teams were restricted to three jerseys. But, since the league introduced the alternates, they loostened the rules to allow them to wear the uniforms at their preference any game, any time. The white socks, white shoes that were forced into the league when teams were going all-white during the program (because the color on color bounced back in their face) came from that and are now a trend. 

21 hours ago, simtek34 said:

My Vikings are (unfortunately) wearing Color Rush vs the Redskins on 10/24 Thursday Night Football.

We went so long without Monochrome, why now. All I want is to see White on White a few times, and to add White socks for the W/P. Not THIS!

With the Vikings now also wearing color rush uniforms in week 8, that brings us to 5 teams for that week:

Minnesota (vs Washington), Cincinnati (at Los Angeles, in London), San Francisco (vs Carolina), New England (vs Cleveland), and Pittsburgh (vs Miami)

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=color-rush&page-title=Color Rush

I believe this is the most  color rush uniforms worn in a single week. And also a HUGE missed opportunity in the Miami at Pittsburgh game. The Dolphins are wearing their '72 throwbacks, so it would have been great if the Steelers wore their throwbacks, and changed their face-masks to gray  for a throwback to the '72 AFC Championship game.

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Playing Madden 20 and on a loading screen Earl Thomas popped up in a Ravens jersey, but it at the Seahawks number font. It actually looked really good? Next time it comes around I’ll attempt to get a screenshot and post it

I’ve seen that, they also got OBJ in a regular block font on the orange jersey, because they just photoshop the player into the new uniform but for what ever don’t change over the number font.

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Can’t be worse than the Ravens’ regular number font. 

Matrix and Friz Quadrata were everywhere! In no case did they age particularly well.

Ray-Lewis-2008-Steelers-regseason-game.jpg 29901534001_3974287571001_video-still-fo 20070628_094154_jrich_draftday_07-1.jpg? article-0-0D976E4B00000578-281_468x472.jpg 4015619_orig.jpg

I guess the Diamondbacks can get away with it, as can the Mariners (but they're in desperate need of a teal-heavy refresh). 

On 10/9/2019 at 5:50 AM, pitt6pack said:

And also a HUGE missed opportunity in the Miami at Pittsburgh game. The Dolphins are wearing their '72 throwbacks, so it would have been great if the Steelers wore their throwbacks, and changed their face-masks to gray  for a throwback to the '72 AFC Championship game.

Wow, how did they screw that up? If the Steelers keep the black facemask, then it would be the 1979 Divisional game. So yeah, there is no reason for this matchup to not happen.

bSLCtu2.png

On 10/8/2019 at 9:39 AM, GFB said:

I stand corrected! That knowledge does makes some of the eccentricities easier to stomach and it makes the white pants that much more bizarre. Thanks for sharing.

They are pretty historically accurate (besides the weird white pants), but I definitely think they looked better with the simpler stripe they wore when they first switched back:

spacer.png

Nice hook to the helmet, and truly, in my opinion, a perfect uniform. I really like your single red stripe for the home uniform, but I’m wondering if it would work with their road jersey, given the lack of blue to balance all the red.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 10/8/2019 at 10:54 AM, Claystation360 said:

They really should've had the niners and browns in AAFC throwbacks for NFL 100 & 70th anniversary of their final AAFC championship game but thats in a perfect world.

As a side note, in case you're interested, I would like to mention that I recently heard a good conversation with the author of a book on the AAFC, Gary Webster.  He talks to Tim Hanlon on the podcast Good Seats Still Available.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Matrix and Friz Quadrata were everywhere! In no case did they age particularly well.

Ray-Lewis-2008-Steelers-regseason-game.jpg 29901534001_3974287571001_video-still-fo 20070628_094154_jrich_draftday_07-1.jpg? article-0-0D976E4B00000578-281_468x472.jpg 4015619_orig.jpg

I guess the Diamondbacks can get away with it, as can the Mariners (but they're in desperate need of a teal-heavy refresh). 

The Ravens are particularly egregious thanks to the drop shadow.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:36 AM, SFGiants58 said:

This might be unpopular but it works for the Ravens and D-Backs

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, duxrcool048 said:

But it's ok for the Cowboys' color rush? People seem to really like those.

https://radioimg.s3.amazonaws.com/kvilfm/Dallas-Cowboys-Color-Rush-Jersey%20%281%29.jpg

The beautiful thing about “people” is that there are billions of individual ones who all have different preferences and opinions, so it would be more accurate to say *some* people like them.

I’m not one of them.

It’s a decent uniform, but if I had to guess, I would bet the reason most of those people like them is because they can’t stand the color crisis of the normal uniforms; a “good when compared to the alternative” scenario.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived