NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

On 10/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, Gothamite said:

Can't disagree more.  It's a terrible look for the Packers.  Not only the white pants/white socks, which are bad enough, but the fact that their pant stripes don't match the jersey stripes.

usa_today_13517197.0.jpg

As much as I hate the all-whites, I would gladly accept them if the Packers would just change the neck and sleeve striping on their regular road jersey to match these pants.  So much better without those little white stripes cluttering up the design and muddying the impact.

I agree but the mismatch is far less noticeable than some others...

gallery_medium.jpg360x0.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Maybe because the shoulder stripes are solid red and the pants are red and white? Doesn't bother me.

Right, it would look worse with white outlined shoulder stripes, and it’s the way they’ve always looked so I see no issues, especially since the pants match the numbers

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Maybe because the shoulder stripes are solid red and the pants are red and white? Doesn't bother me.

Exactly what's wrong with it. Stripes should match stripes, less so numerals. Pant stripe should be red only, no white outlines. May as well have one numeral outlined next to a non-outlined numeral. Poorly designed. 

On 10/14/2019 at 11:44 AM, cheo25 said:

the Ravens are essentially wearing their CR purple pants now on occasion with their regular jerseys

Well, Baltimore's primary purple pants (debuting in 2018) — which have been paired with primary purple, road white & alternate black jerseys, respectively — contain black/white/black stripes with the gold 'B' logo inside said stripes @ each hip. Whereas the admittedly similar CR version of purple pants — which have only ever been worn with the corresponding CR jersey, and were actually introduced first, oddly enough (mainly due to mandatory 2016 birth of CR league-wide) — sport a white/gold/white striping pattern, and of course additionally include the same aforementioned 'B' emblem that is also found on all three of their other pairs.

Granted, I must note that you did indeed say "essentially", so I suppose you probably didn't even mean for your statement to be taken in a literal manner anyhow. Still, I kinda felt compelled to provide clarification in regards to the minuscule differences — just in case — particularly for anyone who may not have been previously aware of those minute nuances. Then again, I genuinely doubt such a scenario applies to any fellow forum members located here, especially when considering the fact that this place is basically filled to the brim with eerily familiar likenesses comparable to ourselves: herds of hardcore uniform nerds...lol!

3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Exactly what's wrong with it. Stripes should match stripes, less so numerals. Pant stripe should be red only, no white outlines. May as well have one numeral outlined next to a non-outlined numeral. Poorly designed. 

I guess their regular jerseys are mismatched then by your logic. They are completely different stripes, from size to shape. That kind of wedge shoulder stripe never has an outline like the pats, and USC, while pants stripes then to be outlined especially when they are color on color so they don’t get muddled. Also all stripes don’t have to be the same on a uniform as long as they work with the uniform as a whole, like the pants stripe does matching the numbers.

3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Not matching every single element =/= bad design

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

In advance of the team wearing "Primetime Purple" uniforms next Thursday against the Redskins, see the transformation of Vikings uniforms throughout the years.

I'm a touch too young to recall the original purple pants they wore in the '60's - but those were fantastic!

Why Owner Wilf doesn't fork over a few $ to add in a yellow topped socks is beyond me.....It would eliminate the leotard effect current with purple standard pants and gonna be way worse with the full purple/yellow combo coming next week.

https://www.vikings.com/photos/minnesota-vikings-uniforms-through-the-years#a66d05fb-e8ac-4ad0-aee2-87d77c68bfb8

10 hours ago, AVGuy said:

In advance of the team wearing "Primetime Purple" uniforms next Thursday against the Redskins, see the transformation of Vikings uniforms throughout the years.

I'm a touch too young to recall the original purple pants they wore in the '60's - but those were fantastic!

Why Owner Wilf doesn't fork over a few $ to add in a yellow topped socks is beyond me.....It would eliminate the leotard effect current with purple standard pants and gonna be way worse with the full purple/yellow combo coming next week.

https://www.vikings.com/photos/minnesota-vikings-uniforms-through-the-years#a66d05fb-e8ac-4ad0-aee2-87d77c68bfb8

How awesome is this team picture taken in a snowy stadium?  Did they take the team pic in December, for some reason, or does it occasionally snow in August?

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

How awesome is this team picture taken in a snowy stadium?  Did they take the team pic in December, for some reason, or does it occasionally snow in August?

spacer.png

It probably didn't snow in August... But they could have taken it in late September or early October, and it definitely could have snowed then. 

Also did anyone else notice the NFL 100 logo modified for the Vikings on their page? I know the Bears are using that for their anniversary logo, but have other teams modified the logo?  

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

It probably didn't snow in August... But they could have taken it in late September or early October, and it definitely could have snowed then. 

Also did anyone else notice the NFL 100 logo modified for the Vikings on their page? I know the Bears are using that for their anniversary logo, but have other teams modified the logo?  

Yeah, every team has their own version of the NFL100 Logo. They are all the same, just with each teams logo and colors. The Bears one uses their Jersey Number Font though.

da0Lbhs.png

12 hours ago, AVGuy said:

I miss the all-white look in the current set

spacer.png

spacer.png

23 hours ago, dont care said:

What’s mismatched in the Texans pic? The stripes match the numbers

I may be in the minority here, but intentionally matching stripes to numbers seems ridiculous to me.. if that were an important design convention, several classic looks might not exist.. another issue here is that the numbers on that particular set are flawed in their own right, as colored jerseys shouldn't feature colored numbers.. so matching pants stripes to flawed/bad numbers is doubly flawed.. the Texans normal set is borderline perfection for a number of reasons, but in the case of their color rush set, you get flawed numbers, pants that have striping to match the flawed numbers and also clash with the shoulder stripes, making them triple-flawed in a sense.. add in the monochrome issue, and well - you get the idea..

Their standard all navy set would've been vastly Superior to their navy color rush set in every way as a color rush uniform..

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

I may be in the minority here, but intentionally matching stripes to numbers seems ridiculous to me.. if that were an important design convention, several classic looks might not exist.. another issue here is that the numbers on that particular set are flawed in their own right, as colored jerseys shouldn't feature colored numbers.. so matching pants stripes to flawed/bad numbers is doubly flawed.. the Texans normal set is borderline perfection for a number of reasons, but in the case of their color rush set, you get flawed numbers, pants that have striping to match the flawed numbers and also clash with the shoulder stripes, making them triple-flawed in a sense.. add in the monochrome issue, and well - you get the idea..

Their standard all navy set would've been vastly Superior to their navy color rush set in every way as a color rush uniform..

So why are their regulars perfect yet the pants stripes don’t match the shoulder stripes which you said before is flawed. And while I will say they aren’t as good as their regular set my point is there is no Mismatching in the uniform.

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

A lot of people love the Texans color rush, largely fans, but i really don't like them for the reasons you mentioned above. The red numbers outlined in white appear pink and are really hard to read from a distance. 

20 hours ago, dont care said:

I guess their regular jerseys are mismatched then by your logic. They are completely different stripes, from size to shape. That kind of wedge shoulder stripe never has an outline like the pats, and USC, while pants stripes then to be outlined especially when they are color on color so they don’t get muddled. Also all stripes don’t have to be the same on a uniform as long as they work with the uniform as a whole, like the pants stripe does matching the numbers.

Not everything has to (or should) match, but when you match everything else (logo, numbers, pant stripes all feature red fill/white trim), the one thing that doesn’t tends to stick out for all the wrong reasons, even though it’s the most subtle thing on the uniform.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

So why are their regulars perfect yet the pants stripes don’t match the shoulder stripes which you said before is flawed. And while I will say they aren’t as good as their regular set my point is there is no Mismatching in the uniform.

To piggyback on what I said above, I think their normal uniform works well because of how the colors touch each other. Red is used as a trim color on the numbers and pant stripes, and the sleeve design is solid red, so the common theme is that the red is always touching the blue or otherwise acting as a buffer between the blue and white, and it looks pretty nice. The logo is what breaks the pattern on the normal uniform, but I think most people are okay with the logo standing on its own against the number and stripe designs.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived