NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

Mandatory Color Rush was a trip. The same league that wrote like a five-page single-spaced handbook on how to pull your socks up and only wear regulation-length fanny packs turned around and came up with a Brand Dilution Initiative. Go figure.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Mandatory Color Rush was a trip. The same league that wrote like a five-page single-spaced handbook on how to pull your socks up and only wear regulation-length fanny packs turned around and came up with a Brand Dilution Extra Money Making Initiative. Go figure.

FTFY

the user formerly known as cdclt

20 hours ago, dont care said:

So why are their regulars perfect yet the pants stripes don’t match the shoulder stripes which you said before is flawed. And while I will say they aren’t as good as their regular set my point is there is no Mismatching in the uniform.

Their pants stripe vs shoulder stripe acts in a completely different way, so that the two are not conflated or compared.. also, there actually is some "matching" involved, but in different, more subtle ways, some of which have been outlined above by andrewharrington.. another way to look at it is this - considering their primary home uniform (navy over white)

On the jersey, navy is the primary color with all other key elements featured in white, with red acting as the trim (both decorative jersey trim as well as number trim).. on the pants, white is the primary color with the key elements featured in navy - again with red trim.. it's a very balanced and symmetrical design, and the design elements all match each other (not by being identical in appearance, but by following the same set of "rules"/conventions in their implementation on the uniforms..

It helps that the pants stripe follows the overall uniform's conventions rather than appearing as though they were a failed attempt at matching some other specific design element (or directly clashing with one - like in the case of the red pants stripe outlined in white and the solid red shoulder stripes)..

also, the fact that the colored jersey has white numerals gives it automatic points over the color rush set.. 

15 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

At least the Niners don’t have black alts anymore.

They don't? Good. Those were exceptionally stupid.

I think the only good uniform initiative over the past several years in American sports was the City NBA uniforms. Everything else seems to be more annoying and forced than anything else. For decades, we happily lived with some variation of light vs. dark, with light at home or the road depending on the sport (and with some exceptions for teams like Dallas, Washington and Cleveland).

Anyway, the leaps of logic that take you from this:

bowman_face.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

To this:

1233268621194094952.png

Make me mad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Never noticed how good looking and simple the Texans uniforms are. Their away jersey is clean... 1029964072-1.jpeg&c=sc&w=736&h=485

Like the Panthers, they’re a team who got it right the first time. Both don’t need to go through any significant changes. They are timeless. 

XM4KeeA.png

30 minutes ago, insert name said:

Like the Panthers, they’re a team who got it right the first time. Both don’t need to go through any significant changes. They are timeless. 

Yeah, but still need the 2002-2008 red socks back for road games. Also, once in a while the old red pants (with navy socks) away would be cool.

7 hours ago, MattMill said:

Is it a rule that buffalo has to go mono red Everytime they wear red?

White pants or even white socks would break up the look to acceptable levels. Right now it's a joke. Five years in a row of this crap   

The can mix and match, like the cowboys have worn the white color rush pants with their navy jerseys, and raiders have basically made a throwback wearing their silver pants with their color rush jerseys.

I don't watch much NFL anymore, so I have no idea if this is new or not. But the Saints wore solid white pants on the road against the Bears today, and it's a look every bit as infuriating as their black leotards.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just out of curiosity, I’m not a huge fan of the “leotard look” the saints have going but I’m not against it either. A lot of people seem to hate it though, is it the “leotard” look that is bad, or the fact it’s without stripes, or both. 
Would a black jersey and black pant version of the throwback work for you guys. Like the white jersey white pant one?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Just out of curiosity, I’m not a huge fan of the “leotard look” the saints have going but I’m not against it either. A lot of people seem to hate it though, is it the “leotard” look that is bad, or the fact it’s without stripes, or both. 
Would a black jersey and black pant version of the throwback work for you guys. Like the white jersey white pant one?

Both. Monochrome is hated these parts well enough due to pro football's established aesthetics of jersey. contrasting pants and most times contrasting socks. Even if Saints have same-colored striped socks like the Bills, it would a lot better to look at. The lack of stripes make it look like a practice uniform and total blob of black from the neck down. It looks unfinished and uninspiring. A black version of the color rush pants would make a little bit better. 

Colts going with their blue color rush Sunday. That makes 6 teams for week 8 using their color rush uniforms:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/22/indianapolis-colts-color-rush-uniforms-denver-broncos-week-8/

Not to mention, as of now, there are 5 other teams wearing the same jersey and pants colors: Denver (white/white), Tampa Bay (white/white), Tennessee (navy/navy), Cleveland (white/white), and Miami (white/white):

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2019&week=8&league=NFL

I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints went black/black at home. The Eagles have been going white/white for away games this year. The Cardinals have been going white/white for away games this year. And who knows with the Jets and Jaguars if either will go with the same uniform and jersey color. 

But as of now, for week 8, we have 11 teams confirmed to be wearing the same jersey and pants color (7 with the same jersey, pants, and full solid sock color), with 3 other teams likely to go with the same jersey and pants color. It's not a trend I'm a fan of.

Archived