NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Would look better if the gray contrasted better against the white.  Maybe it's just the lighting though.

EDIT: also that lighting makes it look like there's several shades of blue going on, so neither the helmet nor shoulder stripes nor number nor socks match.

Some more photos of Seahawks in white over grey:

1024x1024.jpg

Seattle+Seahawks+v+Arizona+Cardinals+p7z

Seattle+Seahawks+v+Arizona+Cardinals+s7S

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Some more photos of Seahawks in white over grey:

1024x1024.jpg

Seattle+Seahawks+v+Arizona+Cardinals+p7z

Seattle+Seahawks+v+Arizona+Cardinals+s7S

These could be improved by Nike/Seahawks switching from their “Pewter” aka Silver tone to their mid-tone “Dark Steel Grey” that you see Colorado and Oregon and many others using.  Likely close to what Detroit’s Grey alts are.  That’d give it enough contrast.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

These could be improved by Nike/Seahawks switching from their “Wolf Grey” aka Silver tone to their mid-tone “Dark Steel Grey” that you see Colorado and Oregon and many others using.  Likely close to what Detroit’s Grey alts are.  That’d give it enough contrast.

FTFY 

9 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I've been a Seahawks fan since the 80s and I still think it is not a great look. Each year, I do seem to like it more but I'm wondering if I'm suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

It’s true, we can become inured to bad designs.  But “I’m getting used to it” is not at all the same as “it’s good”.

Just now, Gothamite said:

It’s true, we can become inured to bad designs.  But “I’m getting used to it” is not at all the same as “it’s good”.

Even further, being a good "modern Nike design" doesn't necessarily mean that it is good either. 

These Cardinals uniforms have aged horribly. 

The Seahawks uniforms are beginning to age poorly.

Somebody's going to ask me someday to define this era of NFL uniforms in one word.  I'll frown, show them the fire emoji, then go to bed.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

23 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Somebody's going to ask me someday to define this era of NFL uniforms in one word.  I'll frown, show them the fire emoji, then go to bed.

I love em. Didn’t like the Seahawks at first but they are the only Nike template team that worked. Would be cool to see the green pants with the navy top for a game.

Cards is trash and always has been. At least do red pants on the road.

Unpopular opinion but the Seahawks have a great look. Yeah the uniforms aren't "traditional" in any way, but they are still very appealing visually. They are balanced and matching. 

And the Cardinals uniforms, along with the Bengals and Falcons uniforms, were always bad. 

15 minutes ago, Ark said:

Unpopular opinion but the Seahawks have a great look. Yeah the uniforms aren't "traditional" in any way, but they are still very appealing visually. They are balanced and matching. 

And the Cardinals uniforms, along with the Bengals and Falcons uniforms, were always bad. 

I like the Bengals, just should fix their road jersey up a bit.

1 hour ago, Froob said:

I like the Bengals, just should fix their road jersey up a bit.

The side paneling on their home uniform doesn't even match.

a5eea0d4-8ccb-4718-a20a-8a5991b1383a-USA

The tiger striping pattern is a great start but their uniforms need a huge overhaul. 

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Overdesigned. It's swinging back to simpler with the latest Jaguars update.

Everyone loves a roundel.

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Is it really that hard to hit a tasteful middle?

Some sports apparel manufacturers aren't looking for anything logical, like "a tasteful middle". They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some sports apparel manufacturers just want to watch the world burn. 

What exactly is supposed to be bad about the Seahawks uniforms? They're visually balanced, consistent without being predictable, and use color very well. It's a unique, striking look and has ascended into the uniform set that defines the franchise IMO. 

spacer.png

Archived