NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

15 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Why should they? It looks awesome and they've been doing it for about 15 years now?

Awesome? The gold helmet it so out of place that even the gold numbers can't save it. Monochrome is terrible and this is coming from a guy that has to watch his favorite team wear it every home game. 

Also, the Saints really need to change the cold from champagne to more of a brass color.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught some of the Ravens-Bills game and was so disappointed by the all-red look, which is bad enough but made even worse by the white helmets. I wish they'd go back to red helmets, blue jerseys, red socks, and just be a simple all-American football team like that. 

I guess I could buy the Saints wearing black pants against the 49ers as a rare exception so that both teams don't have gold helmets and gold pants, but that's not the way they're approaching it. This whole league's a mess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Eagles owner said that last night “might” be the last time we ever see the black jerseys, as he’s going to push hard for a Kelly-green alt (including helmet) for next season. 

I hate the black, so that’s good news for me, but the only greens that they’ve worn as throwbacks were ones from before my time, and While not their all-time-best look, I’d like to see the Cunningham/White  era ones worn as alts. Those were darker than regular Kelly, and I doubt that’s what they’re looking to do. Probably more along the lines of the alt they wore in 2010. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, there’s apparently already exceptions to the one-helmet rule (other than trades). The lolEagles are so thin at receiver, that they were going to use Josh McCown as a split end. Since he’s a QB, his helmet has the radio, which wouldn’t be allowed at another position, so radioed players are allowed multiple helmets for when they need to be on the field with another guy that has one. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Eagles owner said that last night “might” be the last time we ever see the black jerseys, as he’s going to push hard for a Kelly-green alt (including helmet) for next season. 

I hate the black, so that’s good news for me, but the only greens that they’ve worn as throwbacks were ones from before my time, and While not their all-time-best look, I’d like to see the Cunningham/White  era ones worn as alts. Those were darker than regular Kelly, and I doubt that’s what they’re looking to do. Probably more along the lines of the alt they wore in 2010. 

Where did you see this at?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

36 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm at the point where it's put up or shut up with the Eagles on this. Either do something or don't and stop getting everyones hopes up.

Double green alt? Full rebrand? I don't care what it is at this point, they just need to do something already so i can stop hearing about how much they want it. If they really wanted this then they would have already done it and not sat on their hands.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, philly97flyer said:

Where did you see this at?

it was in my twitter Or Facebook feed - I think it was from PhillyVoice but could be mistaken. Didn’t grab the link and it’s not there anymore. 

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This?

Eagles wearing black jerseys against Giants on Monday Night Football

Side note: This game might be the last time the Eagles ever wear their black jerseys? Earlier this year, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said the team hopes to have their Kelly Green alternate uniforms available for the 2020 NFL season. There’s been no word on that since, however, so we’ll believe it when we see it.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Why not just go the whole extra yard and center their uniforms around Kelly Green? Doing a double green with alternating helmets seems really dumb.

Probably an unpopular opinion: Philadelphia doesn’t need to go back to kelly green. Midnight green is beautiful color that they own. While I’d be perfectly happy if they kept their current set forever, if they do want to make changes all they need to do is drop black and go midnight green and silver.

The midnight green is a very nice color. 

I wouldn't mind the kelly green.

No matter what, they should bring back this wordmark (add a silver outline),

4641.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm at the point where it's put up or shut up with the Eagles on this. Either do something or don't and stop getting everyones hopes up.

Double green alt? Full rebrand? I don't care what it is at this point, they just need to do something already so i can stop hearing about how much they want it. If they really wanted this then they would have already done it and not sat on their hands.

I wouldnt mind seeing a double green alt where its primarily kelly green with silver and replace black for the midnight green.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The midnight green is a very nice color. 

I wouldn't mind the kelly green.

No matter what, they should bring back this wordmark (add a silver outline),

4641.png

Of all the old NFL wordmarks this one is one of my least favorites, much prefer the current.

10 minutes ago, SCL said:

Of all the old NFL wordmarks this one is one of my least favorites, much prefer the current.

I think the current one is an over designed dropshadowed mess that has no inherent connection with the mascot. It’s only a couple small steps away from the Knicks logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Also, there’s apparently already exceptions to the one-helmet rule (other than trades). The lolEagles are so thin at receiver, that they were going to use Josh McCown as a split end. Since he’s a QB, his helmet has the radio, which wouldn’t be allowed at another position, so radioed players are allowed multiple helmets for when they need to be on the field with another guy that has one. 

What if McC had safety concerns about wearing a non-primary helmet? I thought the league put player safety above all else when it came to helmets? So this means you get to wear a helmet of your choice for safety concerns unless that helmet has a radio in it and someone else on the field already has a radio in their helmet then you must wear a secondary helmet if you want to step on the field. No Exceptions. Because Rules.

I’m not sure that your objection applies. The actual question is whether McCown is using a grandfathered helmet.  Because that’s the actual issue; players cannot be forced to give up certain older helmet models.

If McCown has wired and non-radio versions of his preferred helmet, then there’s no conflict with the one-helmet rule. 

On 12/7/2019 at 9:08 AM, jmac11281 said:

Awesome? The gold helmet it so out of place that even the gold numbers can't save it. Monochrome is terrible and this is coming from a guy that has to watch his favorite team wear it every home game. 

Also, the Saints really need to change the cold from champagne to more of a brass color.

I'd like to see the Saints go back to that shade of gold too, but from what I understand Nike has trouble making that color, just like they had trouble making the Eagles' green jerseys in 2014 and how all of NFL pants now look flat instead of shiny. The Saints gold pants since Nike took over look khaki, which is the same trouble the Pittsburgh Penguins had when they tried to shift to that shade of gold...and why it was unpopular.

Archived