NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

On 12/7/2019 at 6:15 AM, thisguyphelps said:

That lates 90s, early 00s look for the 49ers was super underrated. The drop shadow numbers and addition of black really made the red and gold pop

While I agree, it didn't truly become a good look until the Niners came to their senses and started wearing gold pants again.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but from what I understand Nike has trouble making that color

I'm not doubting you when I say what I'm about to say so please don't take this as me criticizing you.

But that is a lame excuse, especially for a billion-dollar company like Nike. They should do better with their work.

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

If McCown has wired and non-radio versions of his preferred helmet, then there’s no conflict with the one-helmet rule. 

What’s the difference between that and a player having Kelly and midnight green versions of his “preferred helmet”? 

while it’s unlikely to impact QBs much, I’d think that for LBs or whoever wears it in defense, there’d be some issues because of how often players swap in and out, so two wired guys could conceivably have to play together. 

the non-radio version obviously wouldn’t be “broken in”, which is one of the reasons given for the rule. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What’s the difference between that and a player having Kelly and midnight green versions of his “preferred helmet”? 

while it’s unlikely to impact QBs much, I’d think that for LBs or whoever wears it in defense, there’d be some issues because of how often players swap in and out, so two wired guys could conceivably have to play together. 

the non-radio version obviously wouldn’t be “broken in”, which is one of the reasons given for the rule. 

I think it falls under the same thing as you are allowed backup helmers Incase one gets broken. Also the rule isn’t for individual players. Players can switch out helmets any time they want. The issue comes from a legal stand point when teams are requiring players to wear a different helmet to go with another uniform set. If players are switching helmets on their own the liability falls on them, if the team is requiring the change then the team gets the liability.

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

While I agree, it didn't truly become a good look until the Niners came to their senses and started wearing gold pants again.

The white pants certainly didnt fit because the striping was off. They should have had some gold in between the red and blacks for an overall better look.

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-had-wild-backup-plan-in-place-to-avoid-forfeit-against-patriots-if-equipment-didnt-show-up/

to go along with the current topic. I don’t think this would be allowed. There are a lot of issues going from who certified they are safe? How do they get them all fit in time? Would the NFL even allow it. Would they allow a different logo on their helmet?

On 12/10/2019 at 7:27 AM, Old School Fool said:

I'm at the point where it's put up or shut up with the Eagles on this. Either do something or don't and stop getting everyones hopes up.

Double green alt? Full rebrand? I don't care what it is at this point, they just need to do something already so i can stop hearing about how much they want it. If they really wanted this then they would have already done it and not sat on their hands.

He wants to have his cake and eat it too.  I wholeheartedly agree, its time to center your uniforms all to kelly green or stay silent with midnight green forever.  

On 12/11/2019 at 6:31 AM, Bluefalcon said:

I'd like to see the Saints go back to that shade of gold too, but from what I understand Nike has trouble making that color, just like they had trouble making the Eagles' green jerseys in 2014 and how all of NFL pants now look flat instead of shiny. The Saints gold pants since Nike took over look khaki, which is the same trouble the Pittsburgh Penguins had when they tried to shift to that shade of gold...and why it was unpopular.

The Color Rush uniforms use the nice gold, so it’s probably not a color matching issue. More than likely, the issue is that someone doesn’t want the brassy gold to be a full-time thing.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:11 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

The issue there is that having both a kelly green and midnight green helmet means the team/league is forcing the player(s) to switch helmets for aesthetic purposes.

Conversely, the radio issue *could* be solved by simply removing the radio equipment (or using a different player in an emergency capacity like what happened with Josh), which would allow the player to keep the same helmet if he insisted on it. The foundation of the rule is that any helmet change must be up to the player unless the helmet is damaged, unsafe, or it’s no longer an approved model.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Who keeps telling the Saints those plain white pants are a good idea?

I feel like they saw all the praise the throwback inspired Color Rush got, and misinterpreted that as "the fans like white on white" when in reality it was "the fans like stripes and an actual nice shade of gold"

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The L is a little awkward, but I always liked it too. 

My fear is that they bring back something like it when they inevitably switch, but then also try to make numerals to match. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ya know I’m definitely in the minority but I don’t hate the Saints uniforms. The white “yoga” pants aren’t really that bad. Neither are the black ones. The shade of gold is okay. Overall it’s a decent look. Could it be better? Yes, just like 80% of the league could. 

I don’t understand why people bash it so much. It’s not a bad look.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Ya know I’m definitely in the minority but I don’t hate the Saints uniforms. The white “yoga” pants aren’t really that bad. Neither are the black ones. The shade of gold is okay. Overall it’s a decent look. Could it be better? Yes, just like 80% of the league could. 

I don’t understand why people bash it so much. It’s not a bad look.

I'd say its because they have so many good options. (Standard G/B/G/B, G/W/G/B, Throwback, Color Rush) that they choose not to where, while subjecting the people to Mono-Black and Mono-White. 

da0Lbhs.png

4 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

I'd say its because they have so many good options. (Standard G/B/G/B, G/W/G/B, Throwback, Color Rush) that they choose not to where, while subjecting the people to Mono-Black and Mono-White. 

I was never a big fan of the golden pants for them. Seemed too much like the Niners to have a gold helmet and pants. I like the black and white pants more. Yes I said it, shoot me if you want to.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

I was never a big fan of the golden pants for them. Seemed too much like the Niners to have a gold helmet and pants. I like the black and white pants more. Yes I said it, shoot me if you want to.

But they wear it all together, and not like B/W/B or W/B/W. There just needs to be some contrast on the socks to not look like yoga pants...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 12/23/2019 at 10:41 AM, BellaSpurs said:

One thing I know, there are only two gold helmet teams I thought looked better in white pants: UAB, but only in home green, and the late, great Tampa Bay Storm.

And how is black/gold gonna be mistaken for red/gold?  The Saints and 49ers haven't ever really resembled one another.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived