NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

On 9/2/2020 at 10:46 PM, Froob said:

Rockets black jersey bugs the hell outta me, why is the color red and the arm holes charcoal? This was much better

I don’t know what it’s about, but it seems like Nike taking over has coincided with a hard turn toward minimal trim like that — one color only, unless there’s a strong historical precedent (eg the main two Celtics unis, but not their alternates!)

Even by the standards of current trends toward minimalism — it seems a little odd, and often not very attractive as design.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole playoffs has been a mess. I can barley recognize who is who now. Everyone is wearing black? The Rockets, Nuggets, and Clippers have all recently got new uniform sets, and are all wearing black alternates? And black isn't even a regular color for Denver. The Celtics (who may have the most classic jersey in the league) are wearing black? The Lakers are wearing black? (Kobe, I know). The Jazz wear their sunset jerseys which are completely different colors than their normal jerseys. OKC was wearing grey and gold? The Clippers trying to become the west coast Nets wearing black/white?

On 9/11/2020 at 11:16 PM, njdevs7 said:

The whole playoffs has been a mess. I can barley recognize who is who now. Everyone is wearing black? The Rockets, Nuggets, and Clippers have all recently got new uniform sets, and are all wearing black alternates? And black isn't even a regular color for Denver. The Celtics (who may have the most classic jersey in the league) are wearing black? The Lakers are wearing black? (Kobe, I know). The Jazz wear their sunset jerseys which are completely different colors than their normal jerseys. OKC was wearing grey and gold? The Clippers trying to become the west coast Nets wearing black/white?

I have been complaining about this for years. The league is on a money grab and won't stop. The problem is,first you take away a teams identity(especially teams like the Celtics and Lakers) and then I really like this one, people who DO like this 7 or 8 uniform junk. You find a jersey or uniform you like on a team but then they change the next year and get rid of said jersey. Then the complaints start "oh they looked good in "whatever". Now, with free agency, we are rooting for the uniforms and logos and to change them constantly is a joke. I have many posts on this but njdevs7 summed it up perfectly. You turn on a game and don't know who the hell is playing. Celtics in black, Lakers in black just terrible:mad:

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The Nuggets white "Rainbow" jersey from last year, for some reason, the black always came off as a dark navy. 

The white rainbow City jerseys did use navy lettering and numbers. 

For whatever reason, they switched to black last year. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:52 AM, M4One said:

Clippers would have won if they only wore blue in game 7.

I don't have the time to go back and dig for the offseason discussion about the Clippers and their stupid alternates but this is why you don't marginalize your team's identity for a gimmick. 

The Clippers rolled out "Compton" inspired alternates, how they were claiming the streets of LA. 

Yeah, well...you blew a 3-1 lead and the Lakers are in the WCF again. That's why the streets of LA were never truly yours, Clippers. 

6 hours ago, IceCap said:

I don't have the time to go back and dig for the offseason discussion about the Clippers and their stupid alternates but this is why you don't marginalize your team's identity for a gimmick. 

The Clippers rolled out "Compton" inspired alternates, how they were claiming the streets of LA. 

Yeah, well...you blew a 3-1 lead and the Lakers are in the WCF again. That's why the streets of LA were never truly yours, Clippers. 

Love your profile logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived