Kramerica Industries

2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

 

This comment really sucks.

 

Billionaires are destroying our economies, our environments, and the very nature of the social contract. On the whole, they're way more likely to be caught up in sexual exploitation of marginalized groups simply because they want to be.

 

I don't like the implication that being involved with hip-hop means you're more likely to seek prostitutes. I don't see the connection; old white dudes do just fine paying for trim all by themselves.

 

Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

49 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

BBTV, you've been to Amsterdam, haven't you?

 

I've been to more than 30 countries (about to be 31), but never to Netherlands.  Also never to the UK.  Go figure.

 

49 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

and, of course, you presumably consume porn. Cam models are sex workers too,

 

I actually hadn't thought about that, but I guess you're right.  I'm thinking more of "contact" sex workers, but I guess it's tough to draw a line there.  Do men have to get STD tests before banging sex workers in places where it's legal?  I can't imagine a condom is all they require.  At least porn is somewhat regulated, though obviously stuff happens.

 

49 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Because we're learning she most likely was trafficked, which is really bad

 

 

Well yeah, which is why I intentionally didn't factor that into my response.  Like I said, once you go there, there's really nothing else to talk about.

 

Also, I had also never heard SWERF or TERF until now.  I'm not sure I totally understand, but I couldn't care less if a girl chooses to get gangbanged or any bizarre sexual act that she volunteers for.  I'm just not comfortable with girls aged 18 years and 1 day (or even worse... 16-year-olds with fake IDs) applying for a job in the GAP of sex.  I'm not sure why I'm cool with them inserting things into themselves on camera while dudes do what dudes do from the safety of thousands of miles away, but I just am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

Also, I had also never heard SWERF or TERF until now.  I'm not sure I totally understand, but I couldn't care less if a girl chooses to get gangbanged or any bizarre sexual act that she volunteers for.  I'm just not comfortable with girls aged 18 years and 1 day (or even worse... 16-year-olds with fake IDs) applying for a job in the GAP of sex.  I'm not sure why I'm cool with them inserting things into themselves on camera while dudes do what dudes do from the safety of thousands of miles away, but I just am. 

 

This thread has turned into something FAR different than pro football -- thanks Robert Kraft! -- but I don't think that's an unreasonable position at all. Having a screen between you and your "johns" changes the dynamic completely, and is way safer for everyone involved.

 

That said, while I don't personally frequent sex workers, I won't hold it against people who do. If everyone is legal age and consenting, it's really not my concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh good, an entirely male message board deciding what jobs are good or not good for women to take is a tangent that’ll go real well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Digby said:

Oh good, an entirely male message board deciding what jobs are good or not good for consenting women is a tangent that’ll go real well.

 

I’d like to throw the term “predominantly white” into the mix as well. Y’all should consider how many non-white and non-cisgender sex workers are disproportionately targeted by violent offenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd hate to have to explain to my non-existent daughter what goes on at that one store in the mall with the scantily-clad models in the window.

As someone with a non-imaginary daughter, you already have to have similar conversations when you drive by Pandora's Boxxx on the interstate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

As someone with a non-imaginary daughter, you already have to have similar conversations when you drive by Pandora's Boxxx on the interstate.

 

Yeah, in 2019, having a kid of any gender is one long "how do I deal with this conversation?" moment after another.  Honestly, after trying to explain to my then 7 year old boy that what the guy running for president was bragging about doing on that tape was sexual assault, and basically one of the worst things one person could do to another, I think I could handle explaining legal prostitution to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

LOL at blowing Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel.  Remember - some folk'll never lose a toe, but then again some folk'll.

 

What can I say? Those are the types of insights you need to get your name featured next to Ken Rosenthal.

 

With regards to prostitution, it’s a sidebar topic, because it’s not what this story is about. Prostitution is not the same as sex trafficking. One is a situation where both parties are mutually agreeing. In the other, one or more parties are being coerced.

 

What’s ironic and sad is just how involved the Kraft family is in charitable groups, including but not limited to women’s groups. His now deceased wife Myra was on the executive board of multiple charities in Boston, in addition to being the President of the Patriots Foundation.

 

One can’t help think if she were still alive if any of this would be happening with Robert. Obviously, this isn’t an excuse, but his involvement is a minor footnote compared to the magnitude and the seriousness of this story.

 

I’m still going to be paying attention to the story, but it’s going in a direction that has nothing to do with sports. That much is clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

 

LOL at blowing Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel.  Remember - some folk'll never lose a toe, but then again some folk'll.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pmoehrin said:

[Bob Kraft's] now deceased wife Myra was on the executive board of multiple charities in Boston, in addition to being the President of the Patriots Foundation.


One can’t help think if she were still alive if any of this would be happening with Robert.


I think that's a spot-on assessment on your part.

I had the privilege of working on a number of charitable events and initiatives that Mrs. Kraft played a major role in putting together. She was as lovely a human being - compassionate, friendly, generous, intuitive, sensitive, and wise - as you were ever likely to meet. She was truly someone capable of "lighting up a room" - and your heart - with the sheer force of her energy, enthusiasm, and optimism. And she was so down-to-earth. She was famous for her willingness to roll up her sleeves and take on any task that was necessary to benefit a charity that she supported. I remember working side by side with her during the construction of a playground. She was out there in a t-shirt, jeans, and work gloves... as insistent upon spreading mulch, shoveling dirt, and constructing play structures as anyone else there. There was no pretense about her.

Perhaps her greatest gift was her ability to truly connect with people. If she was engaged in a conversation with you, you were her absolute focus until that exchange was over. You could be certain that you were the center of her world. And, quite frankly, Bob Kraft knew what it was to be the center of his wife's world - and, make her the center of his - for 48 years of marriage.

They were legendarily devoted to one another. Bob Kraft was devastated when she succumbed to cancer eight years ago and, truth be told, I don't think he's ever recovered from her passing. I truly believe that Myra Kraft grounded her husband in a very profound way and, since her death, it has struck me that he's seemed to be adrift... untethered... lost. Something hasn't been quite right with him. I think that the death of his wife created a hole in his life that he's been trying to fill in countless ways... with none of those methods truly managing to do the trick.

In any event, that's my dime-store psychoanalysis. None of this is meant to excuse Bob Kraft's latest behavior... but, that said, I certainly don't think that he'd be engaging in said behavior if Myra Kraft were still alive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I should certainly like to think he wouldn't have knocked up an aspiring actress half his age if his wife were alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob definitely lost it when Myra passed. I know it’s uncouth to judge these things but god, isn’t it profoundly weird how he went from publicly mourning her to dating someone who could’ve been his granddaughter so quickly? And all of his weirdo attempts to look young and cool — the AF1s with a suit, dancing in a hoodie at rap shows, friendships with Meek Mill? I guess it’s kind of a breath of fresh air compared to the usual country club boringness of this class, but it’s also been very strange.

 

also if there’s one thing I’ve learned about mega-rich men, it’s that philanthropy doesn’t mean they aren’t monsters in other areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 5:33 PM, DG_Now said:

 

Billionaires are destroying our economies, our environments, and the very nature of the social contract. On the whole, they're way more likely to be caught up in sexual exploitation of marginalized groups simply because they want to be.

On average, politicians are far more likely to wreak that kind of havoc.  After all, who prints the money?  And who can do greater harm to civility through things like onerous taxation or dumb/condescending laws, not to mention warfare?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

On average, politicians are far more likely to wreak that kind of havoc.  After all, who prints the money?  And who can do greater harm to civility through things like onerous taxation or dumb/condescending laws, not to mention warfare?

 

A great many politicians are on the payrolls of said billionaires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kraft thing is disgusting. I concur with those who say he was likely going after trafficked women because they lacked the power to do anything about it. 

 

...however, on the subject of football, does anyone think the hiring of Bruce Arians in Tampa is a great fit? Winston loves to throw deep. Evans and Godwin can go deep. Now they have a coach who loves long passes too. If they can fix their offensive line and get even a semblance of a defense, this could be a playoff team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 10:25 PM, pmoehrin said:

What’s ironic and sad is just how involved the Kraft family is in charitable groups, including but not limited to women’s groups. His now deceased wife Myra was on the executive board of multiple charities in Boston, in addition to being the President of the Patriots Foundation.

 

DLanF7JWkAA28Jr.jpg

 

What better way to hide being a sexual predator than to pretend to be a fighter in public for the women you prey on in private? Pic related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboys Randy Gregory suspended indefinitely and David the incidents of Irving is also facing another suspension as in January his ex-girlfriend spoke with NFL’s senior vice president of investigations, Lisa Friel regarding domestic violence incidents between her and Irving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 3:42 PM, Red Comet said:

 

DLanF7JWkAA28Jr.jpg

 

What better way to hide being a sexual predator than to pretend to be a fighter in public for the women you prey on in private? Pic related.

 

Not sure that getting a rub and tug  makes one a “sexual predator”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

Not sure that getting a rub and tug  makes one a “sexual predator”. 

If Robert Kraft (or anyone involved) knew that those women were trafficked into the country for prostitution and still went ahead and used their forced services, then yes, I would classify such a person as a sexual predator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.