College Football 2019

29texan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Like I said earlier, nothing Oregon has produced in the past handful of years has looked good, and this, big numbered, mess is probably the worst of them all, practically black helmets and pants, with no stripes, irritatingly large numbers, and the only logo to give any indication to what team it is, is on the back of the helmet. The “wing” design on the helmet is really pointless unless it’s a different color, making it shiny on the matte is dumb and frustrating. Same with the in-line on the already ugly number font. If a ranking could go into the negatives this would it the one, honestly it’s worse than the promos, -20/10

Because also having the school logo on the nose bumper and chest aren't also dead giveaways to who they are.

In Bob Ross parlance, the Ducks just combined too much Van Dyke Brown, Sap Green and Alizarin Crimson until they became mud mixers. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't see how people can clamor for traditional, simple uniforms that usually have no identifying marks besides color(Penn State, Texas, Alabama, etc)

Then be upset at the simplistic, slightly modern set Oregon trots out. I guess maybe if the color wasn't the mallard shifting color and was yellow  there wouldn't be as many complaints but I don't see a problem with it 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I like traditional uniforms with stripes.  For the Oregon uniform last night I thought it looked like crap. You couldn’t even see the wings on the helmet unless the camera did a close-up. The green was way too dark and looked black. The plain pants are dull. Overall I’d give the look a 2 out of 10

spacer.png

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

I don't see how people can clamor for traditional, simple uniforms that usually have no identifying marks besides color(Penn State, Texas, Alabama, etc)

Then be upset at the simplistic, slightly modern set Oregon trots out. I guess maybe if the color wasn't the mallard shifting color and was yellow  there wouldn't be as many complaints but I don't see a problem with it 

There’s a difference between slightly modern and a bad designed uniform. Oregon is the later, I would much preferred if Oregon had stayed with their school colors and used a better wing design, that’s something their identifying mark, shoulder wings, and they should’ve totally used it

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, djam2410 said:

My only complaint is that it looked like black. I like the dark green, but make it *just* that much lighter so that it's recognizable as green and it's a good set. In addition, I really like the way the wings were done.

ExJworW.png

I watched a bit of yesterday's Syracuse/Liberty snoozer. It was a matchup of traditional uniforms, one in orange and one in red. With the glare, it was hard to tell a difference between the colors.

As it is, the game kind of looked like a scrimmage:

PNUFIRWOAJFWFHWLF6AAJAL6K4.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Yeah bc on tv you can totally see that, and the people up in the upper rows

The upper rows? Sorry, but if you’re *at* the game and you don’t know who’s playing, I think the problem is with you, not the uniforms. 😂

Also, why are the wings pointless if they’re not in a contrasting color? The point is for them to be subtle, and to complement the finish of the numbers. Yellow wings on that uniform would look like garbage because there’s so little yellow in the rest of the uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ll say it again; result of the game aside, I thought the Ducks’ uniforms looked fantastic last night. Apparently that’s an unpopular opinion around here, which is fine. That’s often been the case with many of the Ducks’ uniforms over the years. Yes, the dark green is a bit too dark, but I really think they were going for something similar to the shade used on the base of the Harrington-era uniforms, which was a very dark, almost black shade of green. From a Ducks fan’s point of view, I think this set, and especially last night’s combo, is a great mix between the flashiness of the Mariota-era set and something more streamlined and simplistic. The wings on the helmets are great and a favorite among the Ducks’ fan base, and I personally think the more subtle application is more fitting for this more simplistic set. The wings on these dark green helmets in particular looked really sharp in action last night, as did the iridescent numbers (again, my opinion). I think this set is easily the best overall look they’ve had since 2014-2015, and I’m excited to see how the other color ways look in action and what other combos they trot out this year. I get that this set, and especially last night’s combo, might not be the most popular look overall, but for Ducks fans it brings us back to something closer to the Mariota years, which was the peak of Oregon’s uniforms IMO. I think this set is a really nice simplification of some of the things that really worked during the Mariota years. 

Anyways, looking ahead to next week, I think the Ducks will likely debut their updated yellow set against Nevada:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Uniform karma strikes again.

Traditional Auburn uniforms 2
Outlandish Oregon outfits 0

:P

Honestly, Oregon's uniforms weren't even "outlandish." They were boring and dreary. I don't know how they thought that shade of green would look good. They need to just stick with kelly green and gold.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I really think they were going for something similar to the shade used on the base of the Harrington-era uniforms, which was a very dark, almost black shade of green.

Thing is, though, the Harrington uniforms supplemented that ugly shade of green with copious amounts of lighter green and gold:

yWjrL5l.jpg

Those uniforms were still ugly, but last night's uniforms were even uglier because that shade of green isn't strong enough to carry a uniform by itself.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I watched a bit of yesterday's Syracuse/Liberty snoozer. It was a matchup of traditional uniforms, one in orange and one in red. With the glare, it was hard to tell a difference between the colors.

I don't know about scrimmage, as those teams' uniforms look nothing alike (TV and photographer probably adjusted the light differently)...but Syracuse looked great. No reason for the Orange to change. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

The upper rows? Sorry, but if you’re *at* the game and you don’t know who’s playing, I think the problem is with you, not the uniforms. 😂

Also, why are the wings pointless if they’re not in a contrasting color? The point is for them to be subtle, and to complement the finish of the numbers. Yellow wings on that uniform would look like garbage because there’s so little yellow in the rest of the uniform.

Bc you can’t see the wings? I don’t see how people are okay with this uniform, I really don’t

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

42 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Thing is, though, the Harrington uniforms supplemented that ugly shade of green with copious amounts of lighter green and gold:

yWjrL5l.jpg

Those uniforms were still ugly, but last night's uniforms were even uglier because that shade of green isn't strong enough to carry a uniform by itself.

I understand that, and agree to a certain extent about the shade of dark green not being strong enough to carry a uniform by itself, but I’m just saying that that’s why I think they chose to go with that dark a shade of green. The full dark green set does have a copious amount of yellow accents, which brings it a little closer to the Harrington uniforms:

spacer.png

Plus, the finish of the wings on the dark green helmets is very similar to the finish of the ‘99-early 2000’s green mallard helmets. I think the whole dark green set, and the accompanying white set we saw last night, is clearly at least somewhat of a reference to the Harrington-era set. And while the dark green combined with the white is a little stale overall, I personally feel like the iridescent numbers and mallard finish wings are enough to make it a strong look, especially with the yellow accents on the cleats and helmets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Watching the MEAC/SWAC challenge right now on ESPN2. Highly pissed off by Bethune-Cookman's uniforms. Their colors are maroon and yellow (gold), but for unknown reason they're out there wearing silver chrome helmets, white jerseys with grey numbers (outlined in yellow) and gray pants. Forgive me for sounding like an old man at age 33, but what happened to wearing your school's colors with pride? Last time I checked B-C did not release any official notice of having changed the school colors to gray and yellow smh.

If you'll excuse I need to go yell at a cloud for a bit.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Watching the MEAC/SWAC challenge right now on ESPN2. Highly pissed off by Bethune-Cookman's uniforms. Their colors are maroon and yellow (gold), but for unknown reason they're out there wearing silver chrome helmets, white jerseys with grey numbers (outlined in yellow) and gray pants. Forgive me for sounding like an old man at age 33, but what happened to wearing your school's colors with pride? Last time I checked B-C did not release any official notice of having changed the school colors to gray and yellow smh.

If you'll excuse I need to go yell at a cloud for a bit.

Was just coming here to post this LOL.  Unless you are looking close up, those numbers are completely illegible on tv.  Can't believe someone signed off on those...the entire set is absolutely horrible.

13 hours ago, DG_Now said:

It’s nice to see Syracuse has finally come back from the dark ages of uniform history...welcome back!

Archived