College Football 2019

29texan

24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

They actually pretty much always go with that on the nose bumper, both at home and on the road:

They’ve done it for several years now, too, though I think it only became a full time thing a couple years ago. Once in a while they’ll still go with something different on the nose bumper (i.e. the block ‘U’), but it’s almost always The Muss logo.

Can confirm. We've gone with the MUSS logo on every helmet since the 2017 Arizona game with exception of the SWOOP bumper decals worn in the Oregon and Colorado games last season and with the Throwbacks & Ute Proud in 2018.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Cal going navy/white/white at Utah:

Still waiting for them to finally go navy/white/gold with this set. No idea why they refuse to go with their best road combo in favor of the mediocre navy/white/white and navy/white/navy combos.

Well, to maybe give some perspective, the official page from the Under Armour rebrand (https://www.calbearsbrand.com/) lists only six uniform combos:
blue/blue/gold (home)

blue/blue/blue (alt home)

blue/white/blue (away)

blue/white/white (alt away)

blue/gold/blue (alt)

gold/royal/gold throwbacks

And if my memory serves me, Cal has never strayed from those six combos since the rebrand.

It's a shame, because blue/white/gold used to be the ONLY away combo they'd use.

Image result for cal football 2001

4 hours ago, mgdmhl said:

Hows this for using less

Stop having 10 new uniforms every year. 

Gimmicks. I hope we can see through this crap. 

33 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Colorado doing a little switch up and going with Retro Ralphie decals on their black helmets tonight:

Very nice, but seems like the decals need to be about 5-10% bigger.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, TGroce said:

Some buzz about North Carolina possibly wearing an alternate this weekend v. Duke...

Could be some type of use of the navy set we've seen the last couple of years. Some of the fan base is hoping for a throwback to these beauts

spacer.png

Loved this look on UNC. Especially when they would play Maryland in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Maryland vs UNC used to be my favorite matchup of team colors in college football and basketball.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

Loved this look on UNC. Especially when they would play Maryland in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Maryland vs UNC used to be my favorite matchup of team colors in college football and basketball.

nike went crazy with the drop shadow in the late 90s

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

It started with UNC in 1994 though. And this uniform could've been worn forever. 

UNC didn't start wearing the drop shadow until 1997, when other teams also had drop shadow numbers.

Thicker helmet stripes debuted in 1995. 

Nebraska is breaking out the Blackshirt uniforms for the first time today against Indiana. 

The blue hairs seem to dislike anything that's not purely red+white, but I really dig these. 

https://twitter.com/HuskerFBNation/status/1187842685777911808?s=20

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPk9KX7qPPTd95_kSimvv

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Nebraska is breaking out the Blackshirt uniforms for the first time today against Indiana. 

The blue hairs seem to dislike anything that's not purely red+white, but I really dig these. 

https://twitter.com/HuskerFBNation/status/1187842685777911808?s=20

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPk9KX7qPPTd95_kSimvv

Oh hey, an alternate that makes sense AND is being worn when it creates a better matchup against the other team. Now it won't be both teams in red/white. Very good, Nebraska.

ExJworW.png

Some good looking games this morning...Miami (underrated white/white/green) vs Pitt (gold/blue/gold); Iowa vs Northwestern (underworn purple/purple/white).

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

UNC didn't start wearing the drop shadow until 1997, when other teams also had drop shadow numbers.

I know BYU jumped on the drop shadow in the 1994 bowl game in direct response to favorite son Steve Young having a great season (Super Bowl-winning, it turned out) wearing the 49ers’s drop-shadowed retro uniforms. The year or two prior, BYU somewhat ironically wore uniforms based on the Dallas Cowboys aways template for both home and away, but with an added black outline around the numbers.  

r960-61671b120e708872c58e9de6ebdfc802.jp

296928.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=1067

When Nike took over the BYU uniform contract from Champion in 1995, the drop shadow became permanent. 

Sark-A-M.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

OK. I remember them wearing that jersey before then when Ronald Curry was the quarterback. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived