Recommended Posts

IIRC, there was a rumor during Edsall's first run at UConn that he didn't like/want red in the uniforms. Which is why they wore blue, white and gray during that time despite the rest of the school's teams having red as an accent color. Looks like he dropped red the first chance he got.

 

Guess we know his gang affiliation lol        j/k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UConn looks better when they use all of the school colors. It's the jersey designs that were lacking the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this today. Hope the neon yellow isn't part of the new look. That being said, I'd love if they got rid of the black and replaced it with the dark purple in the pattern.  

 

UW2019.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

On 6/25/2019 at 9:35 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Didn't Georgia tech do something like this at one time with their "GT" decal?

In the mid 80s they had the Black Watch defense. Some (not all) of the defenders had a black GT logo & black stripe down the middle of the helmet. Everyone else had the white GT logo & no stripe. I remember seeing them at a game at Grant Field. Surprised that was legal as it was not "uniform" at all.

Edited by pskunk119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Just got this today. Hope the neon yellow isn't part of the new look. That being said, I'd love if they got rid of the black and replaced it with the dark purple in the pattern.  

 

UW2019.jpg

I works guess the neon yellow is to pull the users' eyes to sign up for the Adidas news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Just got this today. Hope the neon yellow isn't part of the new look. That being said, I'd love if they got rid of the black and replaced it with the dark purple in the pattern.  

 

UW2019.jpg

 

The gold around the W still looks to be the light metallic gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based off promotional tweets and instahram, no changes for Kent State. However, no 150 patch so who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

The gold around the W still looks to be the light metallic gold. 

 

That’s a really nice way to say “tan”.

 

Expect more blueish-purple, tan and black from a school that chose absolutely absurd colors given its backdrop in the Evergreen State (and bordering a deep blue lake), and then consistently acts ashamed of those colors in merchandising  (based only on what the fan base wears you would think black is an official school color).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

 

That’s a really nice way to say “tan”.

 

Expect more blueish-purple, tan and black from a school that chose absolutely absurd colors given its backdrop in the Evergreen State (and bordering a deep blue lake), and then consistently acts ashamed of those colors in merchandising  (based only on what the fan base wears you would think black is an official school color).

Or it's that those fans like black. It's the same for Ohio State, hence the blackout uniforms. Heck teams with navy in their logos us black sometimes for fan clothing and it just looks horrible, every single time. It's actually good that Washington uses purple and gold. Where they are located should never force them into a color palette, and since that team played for many years before localized rebranding was a thing I don't see why they would need to embrace colors that weren't part of their school history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Or it's that those fans like black. It's the same for Ohio State, hence the blackout uniforms. Heck teams with navy in their logos us black sometimes for fan clothing and it just looks horrible, every single time. It's actually good that Washington uses purple and gold. Where they are located should never force them into a color palette, and since that team played for many years before localized rebranding was a thing I don't see why they would need to embrace colors that weren't part of their school history.

I like the purple/gold as it's fairly unique. Just need to keep the gold, gold, and not khaki. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hawk36 said:

I like the purple/gold as it's fairly unique. Just need to keep the gold, gold, and not khaki. 

If Georgia Tech can get there's back there's no reason Washington won't have it either. Nike needs to figure out how to make that old gold pop like it used to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jetlodge said:

Iowa unveils... a uniform. That’s about t

the best that can be said about it.

 

The jersey is great. The banana peels were fun. 

 

The yellow facemask looks terrible. Just use the regular helmet (I kinda like the bigger logo decals, but the thicker stripe just looks off).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

The jersey is great. The banana peels were fun. 

 

The yellow facemask looks terrible. Just use the regular helmet (I kinda like the bigger logo decals, but the thicker stripe just looks off).  

 

Yes the yellow mask and stripe makes the uniform look weird. I think the black stripes on the jersey is what is clashing with them but their design video says they were going for "BOLD"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jetlodge said:

Iowa unveils... a uniform. That’s about the best that can be said about it.

The banana peels were dormant for so long, they rotted in this iteration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

 

That’s a really nice way to say “tan”.

 

Expect more blueish-purple, tan and black from a school that chose absolutely absurd colors given its backdrop in the Evergreen State (and bordering a deep blue lake), and then consistently acts ashamed of those colors in merchandising  (based only on what the fan base wears you would think black is an official school color).

I just looked at your signature, and it all makes sense now.

 

As for Iowa, is that mess on the shoulder supposed to look like a wing? Cause it just looks messy. A basic recoloring of the classic black with black numbers would have been fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love these. A great blend of being bold while finding historical significance for an alternate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Maybe it's the bigger pads back then or the player size/jersey size, but the original Apex is so much more vivid and out there. I love that the wings match up with the collar

 

In typical Nike fashion it's half way thought out. The wings are tiny and the collar is misaligned. I do like the lack of wordmark and logo on the front chest. But something's missing. 

 

Some designs are better left in the past if you can't get the right jersey cut. 

 

The lack of a visible third wing kind of throws off the whole balance IMHO. Move first wing down to match the v-neck and the third wing wouldnt be so far back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.