MLB Changes 2020

kimball

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Bmac said:

They started doing that for Sunday home games since the beginning of last season.

Actually since 2018.  It was introduced as the Sunday alt during the 20th anniversary season.

NP_418062_DAMA_16_sp_rays09.jpg

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I figured that powder blue hat would be scrapped. I'm glad cause I didn't like it. It feels like you see this kinda thing all the time in baseball, the unique hats get canned after a few games. Remember the Marlins orange hat?

If an mlb team has a black hat/jersey option that automatically becomes the default no matter how many colorful options are unveiled to the media. It's very disappointing but expected when players have too much input.

3 hours ago, Bmac said:

They started doing that for Sunday home games since the beginning of last season.

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Actually since 2018.  It was introduced as the Sunday alt during the 20th anniversary season.

Man.   The last two years have not been kind to me.   Glad I can relax and watch again.

On the subject of the Rangers, I'm super glad they ditched the powder blue cap because it made the whole affair way too light looking.  It looks so much better with the red and probably okay with the blue.

But it makes me feel weird having people lament the loss of variant caps in tangent with this because while it's sad the other teams dropped stuff, this was an abomination and I'm glad it's gone.   XD

spacer.png

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

At first, I was all for the Brewers cream set. I thought the whole tie in to the cream city thing was kind of cool along with the the big cuff strips on the sleeves. After watching the Brewers series this weekend, I believe they should scrap the cream home and go with the pinstripes. Such a nice look for them.

If they went with the pinstripes full time, I'd hope they'd make those cream to distinguish them from all the other navy pinstriped teams.

I really want to like the cream uniform better.  I still think it'd have promise if they tweaked it.  But I have to admit (begrudgingly) that they looked more like the Brewers to me in the pinstripes.  

1 minute ago, Wally1912 said:

Strangely, Christian Vazquez of the Red Sox is wearing St Louis Cardinals socks in tonight's game. If he wanted a fancy sock, why not go with the traditional Red Sox pattern?

That's bizarre.   I mean, is it possible either someone screwed up at Stance or he picked up the wrong socks from them?   Unless he just thought they looked cool and they fit the team colors so he didn't think anyone would notice.

Also, that bottom pic made me throw my head back and salivate a la Homer.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I absolutely love that the Padres have seemingly switched the designations of their road alternates and primaries, as they've seemed to be wearing the sand pinstripes much more often, which nothing but a good thing. If they just dropped the white outline from "San Diego" on the brown jersey, I still think that would make a great alternate. But I mean, c'mon:

DwaXagF.jpg

This has got to be my favorite uniform in Padres history. It might even by one of my favorites in baseball history. I hope it never goes away.

I've been focused on other things while this discussion has gone on, but I'm also super glad.  Never got people's complaints with road pinstripes and I always likes the Padres having sandy roads.   I'm immensely glad that the possible shift to colored tops being designated primary road uniforms has been staved off for now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

How does the base color of this sandy grey road uniform compare to the grey uniform they had in the mid to late 80's before the switch to blue and orange?  I always loved that shade of grey and thought it worked really well with the brown and orange they had. These new ones look spectacular as well. I'd say it's surprising teams don't use more unique shades of grey (and powder blue (more/less saturated)) but then again, it's not really something uniform manufacturers  or teams seem to really care about

While I'll be an advocate of making colored tops the primary road, I actually can't get behind it for the Padres. That sand pinstripes jersey is just so damn good, it'd be a waste for it to be only an alternate. Now, the Marlins, on the other hand, should be using a blue top as their primary road, in fact, that's what I was expecting from their new look. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived