MLB Changes 2020

kimball

5 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Has any team ever worn their championship celebration uniforms as many times as the Nationals? I remember the Royals getting some good use but this is getting ridiculous.

I love when teams add something to their uniform to commemorate a championship. It should be more commonplace imo

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Has any team ever worn their championship celebration uniforms as many times as the Nationals? I remember the Royals getting some good use but this is getting ridiculous.

This is a bizarre and non-traditional "season".... 

No fans were there to roar when the team's very first championship flag was raised or to see the rings passed out in person. I say go for it. 

On 8/4/2020 at 11:33 PM, ManillaToad said:

I love when teams add something to their uniform to commemorate a championship. It should be more commonplace imo

The Brewers have a neon MLB logo on the inside of their collar for each of their World Series Championships.

It's where I sit.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, ltjets21 said:

1927 Cardinals

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Colt16 said:

Rangers going with the red hats with the powder blues

Better, but the cap T still looks like it's from a totally different team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the system of wearing the patch on your uni year 'round works best.   It's a literal badge of honor for you winning the World Series but subtle enough in this work full of sleeve patches.

Around the league, Tampa Bay wore the Ray caps with their Columbia blues today.   They doing that this year, or just a weird one-off/pitcher's choice?   And I'm currently watching the White Sox in the winning ugly uniforms and the standard logo and an extra Nike swoosh are showing under the uni of Chicago's pitcher.   I've never seen that before.   The uni material just weird, or he sweat through that thing that much?

On 8/3/2020 at 4:16 PM, MJD7 said:

Ah, I figured our difference might rest on black belts after I submitted my last post. Personally, for any team that doesn’t have black in their color scheme, I’d rather them just use a color that is in their scheme, such as navy for the Yankees or Tigers, for example. It’s sort of like the gray vs team color facemask debate in football, I’d rather them just go with a team color almost every time.

As for teams that actually do wear a black belt, I know the Angels did for a while, and I’m pretty sure the Nationals have black belts as opposed to navy. Still, in those cases, I like red better for the Angels, and would prefer navy as opposed to black for the Nats (however, the Nats are a good example of a team that doesn’t need to match the belt & socks, as they often wear red socks).

Okay.   So there are teams wearing them.   I thought I was losing my mind.

The facemask issue is an apt comparison, I suppose.   But I think both just come down to what you think looks best and what was the case when you grew up.   I mentioned earlier the weird spiral my brain went down as I tried to come up with a consistent rubric for who gets black belts.   It just... seems... right with some teams.

In the same vein, the fact that the Cards were a big grey facemask team at the time I first became aware of the idea of the facemask even being a certain color confounds my brain.   They're one of the league's historic franchises but they have so little recent history and their uniforms have been so INCREDIBLY modern that it just doesn't fit.

2 hours ago, Colt16 said:

So much better.   Wow.   The powder caps were way too much light.   This makes the red pop more, though the white is still way too much.

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Colt16 said:

I figured that powder blue hat would be scrapped. I'm glad cause I didn't like it. It feels like you see this kinda thing all the time in baseball, the unique hats get canned after a few games. Remember the Marlins orange hat?

bSLCtu2.png

On 8/3/2020 at 11:13 PM, NicDB said:

I'd rather just have them replace that useless pinstripe set with the 1982 fauxbacks and use it like the A's have their kelly green set.

Yup. They should have kept the royal pinstripes or had a different throwback alternate.  The pinstripe navy is out of place with the new set.

At first, I was all for the Brewers cream set. I thought the whole tie in to the cream city thing was kind of cool along with the the big cuff strips on the sleeves. After watching the Brewers series this weekend, I believe they should scrap the cream home and go with the pinstripes. Such a nice look for them.

It's Me

9 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

At first, I was all for the Brewers cream set. I thought the whole tie in to the cream city thing was kind of cool along with the the big cuff strips on the sleeves. After watching the Brewers series this weekend, I believe they should scrap the cream home and go with the pinstripes. Such a nice look for them.

Yeah, this is the better home look right now.

5f2f5de0c3889.image.jpg?resize=1200,800d46d877c-4302-4454-bf63-892b25d96f0b-Get

Especially when they wear their pants like this.

mark-mathias-of-the-milwaukee-brewers-ca

I still have huge problems with this set, but this is the uniform out of the four that needs the fewest tweaks.

Archived