kimball

MLB Changes 2020

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Looooool look at this clipart nonsense 

 

 

If it had an angry faced dreamer then I would have thought it was done by Brandiose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Looooool look at this clipart nonsense 

 

 

 

Pat Williams is an honorary boomer for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

If it had an angry faced dreamer then I would have thought it was done by Brandiose

 

To be fair, Brandiose would have a guy in some lavender pjs and a night cap with his eyes closed, swinging a teddy bear in the shape of a bat...which might look pretty good. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

To be fair, Brandiose would have a guy in some lavender pjs and a night cap with his eyes closed, swinging a teddy bear in the shape of a bat...which might look pretty good. 

 

Martin Luther King swinging a bat with linework half as thick as his head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Looooool look at this clipart nonsense 

 

 

 

So he left the Orlando Magic.....to create this.  Probably took no more that 5 minutes for him to create. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

If it had an angry faced dreamer then I would have thought it was done by Brandiose

Baseball needs an angry "Florida man" logo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Looooool look at this clipart nonsense 

 

 

He really is dreaming if he thinks this will stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to look up this teams jerseys again for the junior hockey thread, so it reminded me of the coloured pants discussion that sometimes arises.

 

The Swift Current 57's of the WCBL (summer collegiate wood bat league in Alberta and Saskatchewan) have orange away pants.

 

Margiotta_double_play.jpg

EAaoupJXkAERRHu.jpg

 

They have white for home, though in some pictures it looks like they do occasionally wear the orange pants at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

I had to look up this teams jerseys again for the junior hockey thread, so it reminded me of the coloured pants discussion that sometimes arises.

 

The Swift Current 57's of the WCBL (summer collegiate wood bat league in Alberta and Saskatchewan) have orange away pants.

 

Margiotta_double_play.jpg

EAaoupJXkAERRHu.jpg

 

They have white for home, though in some pictures it looks like they do occasionally wear the orange pants at home.

That’s...... actually not awful. I’m not gonna be advocating for a bunch of teams to bust out full color primary road uniforms any time soon, but if one or two teams want to have a solid color alternate I might not be totally against it, if done right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it means anything (it probably doesn’t) but Marcus Stroman and Pete Alonso seem to be advocating the return of the black Mets jerseys. At one point, Pete even suggested having them used as a Friday night gimmick. 

spacer.png

 

Every since Beltran came back, I’ve noticed more and more fans on Twitter wanting these to come back since that was a jersey he wore a lot during his playing tenure. Next season also happens to be the 20th anniversary of the NL Championship season. 

 

I doubt the Mets have anything planned but I dunno, I think it would be fun to have them bring back a fan favorite for Friday night home games. Kinda like they did a few seasons back when they wore the 86 jerseys on Sunday home game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took so long to purge BFBS from the Mets, who could ever dream of possibly bringing it back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It took so long to purge BFBS from the Mets, who could ever dream of possibly bringing it back


People with nostalgia for the late-‘90s/early-‘00s teams and maybe 2006 might have some nostalgia for it. Before the implosions, the team going down the financial tubes, and David Wright becoming injury prone.

 

It should be like the Giants’ 1983-93 uniforms - forgotten despite some good times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 2:05 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

He really is dreaming if he thinks this will stick.

 

He's really dreaming if he thinks Orlando is ever getting a mlb team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, insert name said:

Not that it means anything (it probably doesn’t) but Marcus Stroman and Pete Alonso seem to be advocating the return of the black Mets jerseys. At one point, Pete even suggested having them used as a Friday night gimmick. 

 

Every since Beltran came back, I’ve noticed more and more fans on Twitter wanting these to come back since that was a jersey he wore a lot during his playing tenure. Next season also happens to be the 20th anniversary of the NL Championship season. 

 

I doubt the Mets have anything planned but I dunno, I think it would be fun to have them bring back a fan favorite for Friday night home games. Kinda like they did a few seasons back when they wore the 86 jerseys on Sunday home game. 

 

The overwhelming consensus among younger fans (on reddit in particular) is in favor of the Mets in black.  I was relieved when they got rid of it in 2012, it was a win from a from a design and tradition standpoint.  However, I have a strong nostalgic attachment to these uniforms and I wouldn't mind seeing them as an *occasional* alternate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a strong proponent that BFBS works for the Mets in small doses. Forcing it into the regular home and road uniforms was stupid. But as an alternate look? Not bad at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty much the consensus, even from younger fans like myself who grew up during the BFBS era Mets. No one liked the black drop shadows. Those were awful and should stay dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.